What's new

Disneyland Paris Updates

Martyn B

CF Legend
Here's a few little snippets of whats going on....

Hurricanes Night Club in the Villags has now closed for good and work is taking place now for something new
p1070628.jpg

Construction of the Earl of Sandwich has begun
p1070632.jpg

Design pics:
04.jpg

02.jpg

01.jpg

Honey I Shrunk the Audience is no more as of May 3rd, the old Micheal Jackson film, Captain EO is returning for one year apparently, then something new will replace that.

And here's some opening show for the start of the New Generation Festival that started on April 2nd.
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XOJGfA4fPZQ[/youtube]

Ollie

CF Legend
I never got to see Honey I Shrunk the Audience. :(
I guess all the other new stuff is good though. I really want to try and get back here.

Novas

Mega Poster
Ollie said:
I never got to see Honey I Shrunk the Audience. :(

Nice one. I avoided it, the Florida version bored the socks off me.

Nice little update, still not enough going on to entice me back tho. Will give it atleast another season.

bezzzzzer

Hyper Poster
Well I presume Honey I Shrunk the Audience will come back. The Captain EO instalations seem to be on a temporary basis. They don't have all of the effects that it used to have apparently, so I wouldn't put money on never being able to see Honey I Shrunk the Audience again.

gavin

Staff member
Social Media Team
Captain paEdO? Crap

Honey I Shruk the Audience? Crap

And that's coming from my recollection as an 11 year old. **** knows how dire they actually are.

3D/4D "attractions" should die a slow, painful death.

peep

CF Legend
I'm glad Captain EO is coming back. I've always been intrigued about it seeing as it has an excellent director etc.

Glad they have actually started work on the Earl of Sandwich. I can't remember what is meant to be replacing the nightclub though. It also sounds like construction will start later this year for the new World of Disney store (it will be situated next to the cinema). I've also heard that a new restaurant will replace two small existing eateries in the Village.

For those that don't know, the castle bridge in the park has been replaced with actual stone and now looks amazing. They were having too many issues with the concrete.

Studio 1 building is apparently getting painted at last and hopefully in the near future the scaffolding that has been covering it for years will be taken down.

Toy Story Playland in the Studios is also getting its theming and planting now but people are being told it still won't open till late August.

Martyn B

CF Legend
Work has started to clear the area in the Village for the World of Disney store:

8a4c083acca647a541077dd71d4abed9.jpg

Honey I Shrunk the Audience has now closed :(, and work begins for the Captain EO transformation:

a54eb_28492_10150182629270615.jpg

And it is heavily rumoured that Monsters Inc Laugh Floor will will replace Captain EO after 1 year!

Kebab

Giga Poster
Far from as amazing as the superb simulator sitting up the road from it :) I'm happy it's going, but I wonder what would replace it in the space it has there?

Brookes

Giga Poster
CMonster said:
Oooh, yay, an Earl of Sandwiches, I LOVE that place. <3

Agreed, the one in Downtown Disney in Florida is awesome. And I'm glad to see Honey I Shrunk The Audience replaced as well, I've seen a few times and it will be nice to see something new.

Martyn B

CF Legend
Work has started (apparently) for the Ratatouille (?) dark ride:

ratatouillelandclearing.jpg

With this on the right, and Crush on the left, in my opinion, it would be a big improvement to relocate the costum building and have one large Toon Studio area!

A

Anonymous

When is Toy Story playland due to open? does it have an opening set in stone yet? I've heard late August but I'm not sure that's official?

Cool to see groundwork being started on Ratatouille! In all honesty, I don't think anyone would miss the costume building from the studio tour. Not sure if it acts as a backstage for cast members too but I'll be glad to see that section gone from the ride. One things for sure, the studio tour seems to be shrinking with every new development in the park :lol:

In regards to HISTA/ Captain EO, I just wish they'd hurry up and announce the successor! Don't get me wrong I like it when disney bring back classic rides and I wouldn't mind seeing EO again before it goes out for good but both films are out of date now and it's about time for a change!

I know it's impractical on a wide scale for Disney but I don't think people would complain if they installed Mickey's Philharmagic at the theatre? Maybe wouldn't fit the themeing of tomorrowland but it beats what's there now.

Martyn B

CF Legend
Well apparently one of the worst things about the Disneyland Parc is coming to an end..... the god awful Pizza Planet restaurant is to be demolished later this year, and then re-built.

I bloody well hope they do it properly this time around!

Martyn B

CF Legend
Re: Disneyland Paris Updates....

Few years old now, but saves starting a new thread. New show starting in February:

CW1zntuXIAUE05W.jpg

ED92

I'm guessing this will be in the Chapparell theatre?

spicy

Giga Poster
Where did you find that image?

Animagique has been confirmed that its changing in March, this may be the new show?