What's new

Disney Flat Rides

Screaming Coasters

Strata Poster
I've just been wondering who the manufacturers are for Disney's flat rides and their smaller dark rides like Pinocchio?

Just something that popped into mind and if you can answer, that would be great! :)

Lofty

CF Legend
I'm pretty sure a lot of the rides like their dark rides etc are all built in house by WED? I may be incorrect though :)

Screaming Coasters

Strata Poster
Well if I remember, rides like Phantom Manor were manufactured by Arrow Dynamics.. Thats all I got? I'm just intrigued because their flat ride hardware (theming aside) is very different to what you see in other parks.

marc

CF Legend
From what I gather Mack provide a lot of the rides now including the newer Phantom Manor rides.

Screaming Coasters

Strata Poster
Yeah I've noticed that Disney Sea uses a lot of Mack systems. But I've not seen any other park use hardware like Disney. Take for instance Magic Carpets Over Agrabah - the whole thing just looks different to what other parks would buy. I'm just can't find the manufacturer?
DSC00094.jpg

marc

CF Legend
They probably just use different parts for Disney due to then being open every year and the higher number of riders.

Am sure they just use the normal companies.

Disney designed some of their own rides then complained build them.

CanobieFan

Strata Poster
A lot of the newer flatrides at Disney are made by Zamperla (including newer Flying Dumbos's, Flying Carpets, and the Triceratops rides at DAK) Most of the rides are California Adventure were Intamin or Morgan, and most of the ollddd classic rides at Disneyland are Arrow and Morgan.

If you want a pretty good read on the history of Disneyland rides....+ the early history of Arrow and Morgan this book is where its at - http://www.amazon.com/dp/0965735354 - I'm not even a disney fan but I found this book a good read.