What's new

Disk-O Coaster for Parc Asterix

mouse

Giga Poster
Great! I find Disk-Os are usually a great addition to any park. Perfect for young families and thrill seekers alike :).

peep

CF Legend
Hmm, interesting choice for the park. They do have a good selection of flat rides and this will help liven the Greek area even more. Having not read that article (yet) I do wonder where it'll fit in that area. I bet they do what Plopsa did and theme it in a ridiculous manner which will be fab.

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team
Here's to hoping it will be a full scale Disc'O!

CookieCoasters

Giga Poster
I hate these rides and think they're far too common. However, if they do theme it like the one at Plopsa (wouldn't be surprising), then at least I'll be able to appreciate it aesthetically.

nadroJ

CF Legend
Oh good, it's not a cred, that would've annoyed me! They'll make it look fab because Asterix, and I personally think these rides look awesome (not a huge fan of riding, but to spectate they're fab), so excited to see how they tart it up.

JoshC.

Strata Poster
I quite like Diskos; even if they're quite common, they're good rides to have in a park.

And if they theme it anywhere near as good as Plopsa's, I'll be extra happy <3

Martyn B

CF Legend
So long as it takes hundreds of people away from the coasters, I'm happy. ;)

Seriously though, I thought next year was the year of their next big coaster (Mack?)

peep

CF Legend
Turns out the park are also adding a new Zamperla Windshear (or top scan)...

visuel%2B1%2Bbis.jpg

Source: http://news-riders.blogspot.fr/2015/07/en-vrac-des-nouveautes-au-parc-asterix.html

Looks fantastic (as does the disko coaster now I've seen the image). They should both be great additions to the park, both are great to watch and should add some more energy to those areas. Love Asterix <3

CookieCoasters

Giga Poster
Now that's a little more interesting. It's one of those where the arms do weird movements as well. It's good they are getting some more flats because all they have at the moment is a chair-swing, pirate ship and magic carpet, which is a fairly average selection. Unlike the Disk-O, I'll actually ride this so yay!

Martyn B

CF Legend
They did need to improve their flat line up, so it's all good I guess. I just can't help but get annoyed when any big park buys a **** ing Disk'O, it's so unimaginative.