What's new

Did you ever feel the "Magic"?

Edward M

Strata Poster
I am (of course) referring to Disney Parks. Whether you like or dislike Disney parks, you can say whether or not you felt the so called "Magic". So did you feel the magic Disney relies so strongly.

I have always felt it. I love Disney Parks actually. I always will. It is probably nostalgia, but there is nothing like the experience. I am in no way a fanboy of Disney, and I completely understand if you hate them however I love them. I feel the "Magic" is might felt more as a child and is not carried out as well being older. However, no matter what age I am I think I will always love Disney parks. They are my childhood parks.

marc

CF Legend
Did you ever feel the "Magic"?

Only felt in Orlando in the MK, walk through the gates and feel like I'm in another world.

California felt special due to the history.

Paris feels like any other park tbh.

Darren B

Giga Poster
Nope, Disney is VILE.

I've been to both Paris and Orlando and disliked both immensely. I fully understand why Disney is so popular, but it's for those reasons I dislike them so much. Everything is so 'showy'. I went to Paris when I was 6 and Orlando when I was 14 so I haven't been as an adult. I will go again, but I don't expect myself to enjoy it.

The day after I went to Magic Kingdom I visited SeaWorld, that was amazing! <3

Chris Coasters

Strata Poster
I've only been once to WDW when I was in 4th grade and thought it was the greatest thing to ever happen to the world. I haven't been since but I really want to go back since I was scared of everything and we didn't go to Animal Kingdom.

Mike

Giga Poster
I don't think it's just Disney; whenever I feel a park has a fantastic atmosphere I always get that special feeling.

Hutch

Strata Poster
Ehh, no. Though Orlando is the only ones I've visited though. It's a great atmosphere, but I dunno...

Rachel

Coaster MILF
Re: Did you ever feel the "Magic"?

No. I think I over hyped it too much though and was expecting to feel something. When I got there it was great but no different from the excitement of being at any other park for the first time.

marc

CF Legend

The 1st time I went I did not like it, found it all too much and could not wait to get out the MK . Hated the rides hated everything about it.

But when I first went the castle was a birthday cake and that ruined it for me.

My 2nd visit a few years later I loved it.

Ian

From CoasterForce
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Ah, the magic of being subtly sold something, waiting in line with hundreds of kids for medicore rides, sickly over-polished characters walking around everywhere, interacting with robotic over-cheerful staff. It's magical!

rtotheizzo17

Hyper Poster
Yes, at any of the "Magic Kingdoms". I really feel it at Disneyland on Main Street, it feels like Walt is still sitting on a bench watching guests enjoy his creation.

Every theme park in the world is trying to recreate what Disney did/does. You can pretend to be a hipster and say you dislike Disney, but at the end of the day they are the leaders everyone is trying to emulate. :)

therick311

Mega Poster

rtotheizzo17 said:
Every theme park in the world is trying to recreate what Disney did/does. You can pretend to be a hipster and say you dislike Disney, but at the end of the day they are the leaders everyone is trying to emulate. :)

I don't think this is entirely true. Look at Cedar Fair and their place making strategy. It's not really about theming.

Also, while I don't hate Disney, I'm just not all that interested in their product. I tend to prefer thrill over theming.

rollermonkey

Strata Poster
DL pretty much every time, and even moreso now that I'm going with my daughter.
MK slightly less so, and not at all at Studios, EPCOT or DAK.
Not at Tokyo Disneyland, but definitely at DisneySea.
Not at all in Paris or Hong Kong.

I think that going with a child helps bring it out.

DelPiero

Strata Poster
I've been twice to MK, both when I was a child, ages 9 and 11 and I felt the magic. Will go back with the kids at some point, will probably feel it again but only because of them. As a couple I don't think I would.
DLP as an adult (26?), no, not at all.

rtotheizzo17

Hyper Poster
Re: Did you ever feel the

therick311 said:
rtotheizzo17 said:

I don't think this is entirely true. Look at Cedar Fair and their place making strategy. It's not really about theming.

Also, while I don't hate Disney, I'm just not all that interested in their product. I tend to prefer thrill over theming.

Its about more than theming.

There is a psychological pyramid to marketing. I cant remember it because I learned it 4 or 5 years ago, but it basically follows the Maslow Hierarchy of Needs. Disney is at the top of that pyramid. I have used this line on this site before, but I would wager at least 50% of the US population assumes theme park = Disney, kind of how soda = Coca Cola.

And away from marketing and into a rides perspective, look at Cedar Fairs big expansions this year; a themed family area at the Point, an immersive dark ride at Wonderland, etc... give CF some credit, they understand the theming game as well.

Lofty

CF Legend

Walking under the railway station and down Main Street is just an incredible feeling. I can't speak highly of it enough.

Sent from my iPhone 5s using Tapatalk.