What's new

Diamondback - B&M Hyper for Kings Island

ECG

East Coast(er) General
Staff member
Administrator
Hyde, two of the photo links are broken. I would have liked to have seen them.

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team
^ The images are restored. I must have accidentally deleted them when doing some cleaning up on photobucket.

Though these are from a week ago, here are some pictures I was able to grab off of the webcam showing one of the cars on the brake run.

Though this could theoretically be a pull through, I feel this was the testing of the brake run while they were installing the electrical components.

Picture%201.png

Picture%203.png

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team
Diamondback made its first test run today at 4:41 PM today, and will be on a regular daily testing schedule.

http://www.kidiamondback.com/public/latest/blog/

It is interesting to note that the webcam was diverted during the test run, showing Vortex and the Racer, just in case something went wrong.

F.A.S.T.

Hyper Poster
^ Um, sweet!
In the second video it looked like the train just flew through the MCBR.
It's nice to see that it doesn't mess up the flow of things too bad. (Hopefully they won't adjust it.)

Antinos

Slut for Spinners
It almost seems like it's running too fast. I hope it's actual speed, because it will be a beast(excuse the pun)! It was running in 40 degree weather today. Just imagine how it's running in 80 degree weather.

bob_3_

Giga Poster
Wooooww! It is running pretty fast!

I'm usually surprised how slow these rides look on the first test run. Wish i could get a ride on it. =(

Uncle Arly

Strata Poster
That looks great. It really flies through the MCBR, but I guess they may slow it down more, it is the testing stages afterall.

Screaming Coasters

Strata Poster
Why are they using them stupid looking trains for?
I don't get the point of them, someone please explain what difference they are supposed to make.

bob_3_

Giga Poster
^ You have alot more space in front of you and the sides. So you get that mental exposed airtime feeling.

Every seat has a good view on all sides basically.

Nemesis Inferno

Strata Poster
That noise is lush...

I cannot wait for this now tbh, really provides a tough answer as to if this or Beast should be my 200th coaster...

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team
Screaming Coasters said:
Why are they using them stupid looking trains for?
I don't get the point of them, someone please explain what difference they are supposed to make.
It is the B&M response to Intamin's stadium seating.

By creating more room between riders, you create a less obstructed view for riders.

Snoo

The Legend
Nemesis Inferno said:
That noise is lush...

I cannot wait for this now tbh, really provides a tough answer as to if this or Beast should be my 200th coaster...

B&M Roar.. delicious.

And definitely this.

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team
Kings Island supplied CoasterForce with a recent picture of Diamondback's test running.

This picture especially shows off the snake design on the zero car.

Diamondback%20022709%20199.jpg