What's new

CWOA | Mandrill Mayhem (World of Jumanji) | B&M Wing Coaster | 2023

Coasterfreck

Mega Poster
I love that it’s confirmed that the UK’s next new Bolliger and Mabillard is going to Chessie.

Prior to Amazon plans getting announced I never would have thought that they would be the next UK park to get a new B&M, I can’t wait for next year!

roomraider

Best Topic Starter
Interesting its model WI-R which means it using the same model naming system as normal wing coasters. WI-Q was Da Vinci Flight.

Was half expecting a new naming system like the family inverts got.

JMW

Roller Poster
Interesting its model WI-R which means it using the same model naming system as normal wing coasters. WI-Q was Da Vinci Flight.

Was half expecting a new naming system like the family inverts got.
Do you know why Da Vinci was ‘WI-Q‘ when according to RCDB it was the 16th wing coaster to be built, which would be make it ‘WI-P’? Also do you have some form of spreadsheet for each ride and it’s model number? 🤓

roomraider

Best Topic Starter
Do you know why Da Vinci was ‘WI-Q‘ when according to RCDB it was the 16th wing coaster to be built, which would be make it ‘WI-P’? Also do you have some form of spreadsheet for each ride and it’s model number? 🤓

I mean of course I do.
Wingsheet2.JPG

Wing Coasters being one of the few we have every model designation for so far.
As for the disconnect between DaVinci ride being Q and also 16th. L was a ride that got some way through the design process but never happened for whatever reason. Unfortunatly no idea where it was going.

Edit: The image above originally had a gap for K and L - Have just found an image to confirm WI-K is Chongqing's Flying Wing Coaster confiming WI-L was the one never built. Edited post accordingly.

rest of the sheet is here

Last edited:

The_bullgod

Mega Poster
I mean of course I do.
View attachment 18814

Wing Coasters being one of the few we have every model designation for so far.
As for the disconnect between DaVinci ride being Q and also 16th. L was a ride that got some way through the design process but never happened for whatever reason. Unfortunatly no idea where it was going.

Edit: The image above originally had a gap for K and L - Have just found an image to confirm WI-K is Chongqing's Flying Wing Coaster confiming WI-L was the one never built. Edited post accordingly.

rest of the sheet is here
Unfortunately you made a little mistake.
WI-G Flug isn't located in Hansa Park but in Heide Park.

Tonkso

Hyper Poster
Interesting that this still isn't on RCDB. I think we can all agree its well under construction now.

Matt N

CF Legend
On a side note, I’ve noticed great scepticism online about this ride’s capacity, and whether or not the ride will hit its listed theoretical capacity.

Out of interest, what makes people so sceptical that this ride will hit its theoretical capacity of 720pph?

I only ask because the planning application lists an anticipated park time of 1 minute to reach this throughput (as the ride duration is also to be exactly 1 minute). In this operations video, Swarm (which has an extra row of restraints to check compared to what this will have) manages to dispatch the train having been parked for only 1m 5s:
(Go to 2:27)

If Thorpe can do it, why couldn’t Chessington?

Within the realm of Chessington, I actually think 720pph is a really decent capacity, and could go some way towards solving the park’s alleged issues!