What's new

Curse of Novgorod theme?

MestnyiGeroi

Giga Poster
Is there a coherent, discernible theme to the Curse of Novgorod ride? I've never been to Hansa Park, but I've watched a POV and I can see there's a lot of theming. But what is it about? Is there any connection to the actual city of Novgorod?

Thanks.

MestnyiGeroi

Giga Poster
OK, I found some trailers/adverts that explain the theming, so I guess I can answer my own question. It seems to be some sort of ghost/undead story set in medieval Novgorod, but it doesn't seem to have anything to do with the real history or even lore of the Russian city.

S

SimonSays99

I guess 99,9% of Germans - including me - doesn't know much about Novgorod and its history. It's Russia - so it must be dark and spooky :)

Jarrett

Most Obnoxious Member 2016
I actually asked this question a while ago! I'm on mobile so I can't link you, but the construction topic for the ride here has a good explanation of the storyline behind the ride.

Essentially, a sorcerer named Volkov has put a curse on the town of Novgorod, and you have to free it. In the end Volkov is burned and that prop that falls from the ceiling is his burned body. There's way more to it but that's all I know off the top of my head.

I was actually kicking myself for not putting this in my "Quirky Bucket List" thread the other day, it's definitely one of the top things I wanna ride in Europe.