What's new

Crazy Mouse for Dreamland

ATTACKHAMMER

Strata Poster
Dreamland Margate are opening a Crazy Mouse on 28/4/17. It is rumoured to be the one owned by Darren Mathews that operated at the park in 2015.
https://rcdb.com/14886.htm

Seems like a decent addition to the park. I will have to have a third attempt at getting the Scenic cred this year!

jayjay

Giga Poster
Not having been yet (hopefully this year), does this fit in with the general atmosphere of Dreamland? It feels like it's supposed to be a very traditional representation of a British heritage seaside park, and I can't see how a modern spinning mouse fits there.

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Not having been yet (hopefully this year), does this fit in with the general atmosphere of Dreamland? It feels like it's supposed to be a very traditional representation of a British heritage seaside park, and I can't see how a modern spinning mouse fits there.
Hold on, a Reverchon is hardly modern... ;)

jayjay

Giga Poster
Now I'm imagining 20s Blackpool with its Velvet Coaster, Virginia Reel, Big Dipper and Pinfari Zyklon

Lofty

CF Legend
They also have a Top Spin that appears there and various other modern rides - it's a bit of a hodgepodge.

zazobo

Hyper Poster
Is it worth a visit? I live a couple of hours away and have been to Margate a few times before so I know it's not exactly the nicest place in the world to be... but if the park is delightfully nostalgic it might be fun.

Mysterious Sue

Strata Poster
I'd say the park is good for a few hours but nothing more. You'd be hard pressed to fill a day there. Worth the visit if you're close enough as it's got a quaint 50s theme going on (in places) and the chips are good.

TommyAlex

Mega Poster
It is, IMO, not worth it. Except for the Scenic Railway cred. The other rides are common fairground rides, Waltzers, scramblers etc. It's a shame because they have the classic, rare rides in storage, rotting away, whilst this tiny park can somehow justify taking up space for TWO identical scramblers.