What's new

COTALAND | Texas | Gerstlauer Infinity Shuttle (Palindrome) & Vekoma Tilt (Circuit Breaker) & Others

Dar

Hyper Poster
I'm not sure they bothered to script in the turntable working for that demo :p

And I can't tell if they put a pause in at the bottom of the lift, or just stopped the animation for a few seconds?

The ride itself looks a bit meh, maybe the forward section could be intense if it's got to make it back under its own stream but high speeds are where gersts start to come apart on the comfort side :(

Gazza

Giga Poster
Cotaland sounds like what you'd call a small theme park in Italy.

Also, I was wondering when someone would do a vertical spike like that.😍

CrashCoaster

CF Legend
I'm actually not disappointed at all, simply because I went in with the right expectations and predictions. As soon as they announced Cotaland would be getting the coaster, I knew we'd be getting a Mystic-style ride. And honestly, I reckon it could be better than that as it looks like a very unique coaster, much like Defiance.

Clrun4

Roller Poster
I'm not sure they bothered to script in the turntable working for that demo :p

And I can't tell if they put a pause in at the bottom of the lift, or just stopped the animation for a few seconds?

The ride itself looks a bit meh, maybe the forward section could be intense if it's got to make it back under its own stream but high speeds are where gersts start to come apart on the comfort side :(
There is definitely a pause at the bottom of the lift.

All Infinity coasters (and euro-fighters I think. Feell free to correct me) have a different lift system than others coasters.

Instead of having a chain dog on the train clipping the chain, it's the chain that has a mettalic piece attached to it. This piece will then "push" the train up the lift.
The thing is, there is only two pieces on the chain. So the train has to wait for the piece to come and to push the train.

This footage is a bit more obvious :

https://www.reddit.com/r/rollercoasters/comments/pmzkl8

oriolat2

Giga Poster
Boooorrreinnnggg
This is basically the American cousin of Mystic, which, to me, is one of Gerstlauer's finest coasters. It doesn't look much on paper but it has a killer first drop, plenty of airtime, some inversions and wacky maneuvers and to top it off, a quirky spike.

I am sure you guys will love it.

Even if you don't like the coaster that much be glad it's not called ArieForce One.

Dar

Hyper Poster
There is definitely a pause at the bottom of the lift.

All Infinity coasters (and euro-fighters I think. Feell free to correct me) have a different lift system than others coasters.

Instead of having a chain dog on the train clipping the chain, it's the chain that has a mettalic piece attached to it. This piece will then "push" the train up the lift.
The thing is, there is only two pieces on the chain. So the train has to wait for the piece to come and to push the train.

This footage is a bit more obvious :

https://www.reddit.com/r/rollercoasters/comments/pmzkl8
I know they use a dog to push the train up the lifts, I was just referring to the animation they published! I'm not sure they configured the pause in nolimits, or if they just paused the animation instead! :p

Peter Immelmann

Mega Poster
This is basically the American cousin of Mystic, which, to me, is one of Gerstlauer's finest coasters. It doesn't look much on paper but it has a killer first drop, plenty of airtime, some inversions and wacky maneuvers and to top it off, a quirky spike.

Mystic is a solid and neat ride. However, the thing I actually liked the least was the backwards section, the reason being that this wave-turnish element was taken somewhat too slow on the way back and IMO such elements need just the right speed to make the forces work out. Well, on Mystic this effect might have been more pronounced as that element has already been taken at a somewhat slower speed on the way to the spike riding it in the morning/mid-day only. So, fully warmed up, that might still work out. But here, it's a much longer section taking backwards and the difference in speed between the forward and backward run for a given element becomes longer the further that element is away from the turning point. So, I'm really curious how these elements feel on the way back and how well they will manage to make them feel 'right' taken at both speeds.

UP87

Mega Poster
I feel like this is just a modern boomerang. It just replaces a backwards lift and station passthrough with a forwards lift and a turntable and thus can run multiple trains. Mystic on the other hand only does a part of the layout backwards.

TPoseOnTantrum

Giga Poster
Palindrome's been fairly quiet since the IAAPA ball drop, but at a recent ACE event they confirmed that its expected to open in late September/early October, in addition to the premiere of the US Thrill Rides Skyblazer and a Maxi Flume Ride from SBF Visa;

Also, another USA-first coaster is slated for 2023... heard a mention last month about something, so obviously it's major. Looks like they really wants to go mainstream. I'm (once again) placing money on an Axis debut for Texas.
IMG_3413.jpg

cookie

Giga Poster
The only other option I could think of would be a tilt coaster. Maybe the Vekoma prototype, if so.