What's new

COTALAND | Texas | Gerstlauer Infinity Shuttle (Palindrome) & Vekoma Tilt (Circuit Breaker) & Others

SkyrushSimp

Mega Poster
For a layout idea, and really this goes for any future ride CotaLand builds, i think it would be awesome if they could build a ride (doesn't have to be circuit breaker) over the F1 track

ricky coasters

Roller Poster
Dis thing will be popular all over the WORLD when it opens up plus it will get attention by the medias more than any other ride ever made ever because its so CRAZY and it's in USA and not a far of country in Asia or in Energylandia... I wonder if i'll be runnin with the racecars racing in the background during F1 event that would be swell

roomraider

Best Topic Starter
It's not specifically because of the tilt coaster. It's because they really copied everything and mainly did it cheaper and worse. Yes, they are making progress and are coming up with their own ideas (for example with their own take on the tilt-coaster) the last couple of years. But you can't argue about their reputation...

And talking about the Vekoma tilt: at the moment they started designing and building the new generation models, it was only a matter of time they would do the new version of the coastertype. Also without GH building theirs.
Oh I agree they used to knock off the early Vekoma models and their reputation used to be deserved. But the last model they knocked off fully (Layout and all) was 9 years ago with their Roller Skater. And Intamin have effectively fully knocked off 3 models (Layout and all) from other manafacturers in the last 4 alone.

And i dont really agree that as soon as their new track style came out they would have immediatly started planning to introduce a new tilt without the success of the GH Tilts. The buisness case would have been awful if the only 1 ever had been a failure then why try again? They don't appear to have tried to reintroduce any of their other failed models like Big Air or the Pretzel Coaster.

Indy

Hyper Poster
For a layout idea, and really this goes for any future ride CotaLand builds, i think it would be awesome if they could build a ride (doesn't have to be circuit breaker) over the F1 track
It's a neat idea, but I sincerely doubt it would happen without the span being wrapped in a protective material like Ravine Flyer II. It's too much of a liability if something falls out of the train and onto the racing surface, unless they closed the ride during track activity which I can't see them doing.

Leon_K

Mega Poster
And Intamin have effectively fully knocked off 3 models (Layout and all) from other manafacturers in the last 4 alone.
I agree, but I also see this as a downside from Intamin as a further great manufacturer.
The buisness case would have been awful if the only 1 ever had been a failure then why try again?
I think problem was not the experience of the ride, parks were interested in the model. But the maintenance level and cost of that tilt coaster was the big issue. If a company is able to fix the problem to make it work, then why not doing it.

The_bullgod

Mega Poster
Layout of Circuit Breaker has been released! This looks awesome! I love the downwards roll into the trench and the layout looks like it'll be pretty action-packed!
It is an awesome layout, with some great looking and probably forcefull elements. But i'm missing a traditional vertical loop and a forcefull helix

llcooljamez

Roller Poster
The eurofighter looks like a lot of fun but I am so excited for the tilt coaster, i have wanted to ride one since i was a kid lol