What's new

COTALAND | Texas | Gerstlauer Infinity Shuttle (Palindrome) & Vekoma Tilt (Circuit Breaker) & Others

emoo

Hyper Poster
Going to beat the London Resort either way. With the news coming out on the same day as the withdrawal of those plans from 2020 no less.

Indy

Hyper Poster
I definitely didn't see this one coming. I've been begging for a large new Vekoma to get built in the US, but never had Cotaland pegged as the landing spot.

I love the COTA is doing such a great job of making the circuit more of a year-round entertainment facility. I'm super curious to see how they are going to further develop this "park." At current, the rides are just sort of scattered about with most of the rides plopped down on a pseudo midway in front of the soccer stadium. It feels very much like a carnival. Regardless, I am super excited to see how they pull it off.

CrashCoaster

CF Legend
Well I think we can safely say that not a living soul could have called this. Should be a great addition, however I'm not sure it will be a particularly long ride?

Last edited:

TPoseOnTantrum

Giga Poster
Well I think we can safely say that not a living soul could have called this.
Idk mate, @cookie seemed to have had the right idea only a few posts up.
Should be a great addition, however I'm not sure it will be a particularly long ride?
Definitely wouldn't count on it. The sole existing Vekoma tilt coaster in Taiwan is only 1,863 in length and even the Energylandia one is still keeping it fairly restrained at 2,788. Likely not stats that you'd typically associate with a large-scale coaster (unless its running single car trains). The stock model that Jinma has been peddling also keeps it near the 2,500' mark. My gut feeling is that COTAland will pack a few elements into this but not overdo the attraction.

Also something else that has been brought up elsewhere; could this be the prototype currently under construction in Vlodrop? The colours seem to be about right and the timing/investment would work out.

Tulum

Mega Poster
I wonder if they switched the Gerstlauer coaster for this one or if they will still get both.

SkyrushSimp

Mega Poster
According to a press release on FOX News 7 Austin, CotaLand will be getting a tilt coaster built by Vekoma in 2023. Not only will this be the second new-age tilt coaster to be installed, but it will also be the first new-age Vekoma in the United States. If you want to read the article, which has much more than just the new coaster, I'll put the link below.

Matt Hughey, the senior manager of CotaLand, had this to say about the coaster, "It’s a tilt coaster, it’s going to be the first of its kind in America. It does have a sister overseas. It’s just the most neat experience to be dangling facing downward waiting for it to drop,"
The "sister overseas" could be referring to Energylandia's new coaster, or Gravity Max.
Hughey also said they are buying rides from all over the world, including from countries like Germany, Italy and the Netherlands, and because Vekoma is a dutch company, plus the only known manufacturer working on tilt coasters, it is all but certain that Vekoma will be building this. As an American, this is really exciting to the Vekoma bring their new age tech to the States! Currently, the only thing we know about the coaster, besides it being a Vekoma Tilt Coaster, is that it's name will be Circuit Breaker, and it's color scheme will be red.

I will update this accordingly, but currently, that is most of what we know now.

Some links about the new coaster:

CrashCoaster

CF Legend
According to a press release on FOX News 7 Austin, CotaLand will be getting a tilt coaster built by Vekoma in 2023. Not only will this be the second new-age tilt coaster to be installed, but it will also be the first new-age Vekoma in the United States. If you want to read the article, which has much more than just the new coaster, I'll put the link below.

Matt Hughey, the senior manager of CotaLand, had this to say about the coaster, "It’s a tilt coaster, it’s going to be the first of its kind in America. It does have a sister overseas. It’s just the most neat experience to be dangling facing downward waiting for it to drop,"
The "sister overseas" could be referring to Energylandia's new coaster, or Gravity Max.
Hughey also said they are buying rides from all over the world, including from countries like Germany, Italy and the Netherlands, and because Vekoma is a dutch company, plus the only known manufacturer working on tilt coasters, it is all but certain that Vekoma will be building this. As an American, this is really exciting to the Vekoma bring their new age tech to the States! Currently, the only thing we know about the coaster, besides it being a Vekoma Tilt Coaster, is that it's name will be Circuit Breaker, and it's color scheme will be red.

I will update this accordingly, but currently, that is most of what we know now.

Some links about the new coaster:
We'd started discussing this project over in this thread:-

Perhaps a kind mod could move over the posts from that topic to here @Pokemaniac @Hixee? :)

Last edited:

SkyrushSimp

Mega Poster
We'd started discussing this project over in this thread:-

Perhaps a kind mod could move over the posts from that topic to here? :)
Sorry, didn't know

Peet

Giga Poster
Sorry, didn't know
This needed its own topic to be fair.
Vekoma is a dutch company, plus the only known manufacturer working on tilt coasters, it is all but certain that Vekoma will be building this.
Let's not forget Golden Horse (who are apparently now known as Jinma Rides?):
But I agree this will 100% be a Vekoma.

Leon_K

Mega Poster
Should be a great addition, however I'm not sure it will be a particularly long ride?
I don't think so either, although I don't really expect this from tilt-coasters in general. Like dive coasters, to me it feels like the idea is to have a signature element and pack a big punch in a short layout. That's also the feeling I have with the Taiwan tilt-coaster watching the POV.

roomraider

Best Topic Starter
Jinma is basically just the name golden horse in Chinese. Jin is Gold and Ma is Horse.

Are they a rollercoaster manufacturer or a copying machine? 🙃
I was wondering how long until this was said. Not sure why anyone thinks the GH tilt coasters are copies? They have their own track design, their own cars, their own restraints, their own layouts. I assume it's because they're Chinese which instantly to some people means it must have been copied.

I'd argue that without the GH tilts we wouldn't have these new Vekoma ones. It certainly can't be said Vekoma tilt coasters have been a success.

After all they built one in 2002 and then never sold another one, and it stayed that way until 14 years later GH built their own version of the concept and proved they could be quite popular, selling 5 in 6 years.

Leon_K

Mega Poster
Not sure why anyone thinks the GH tilt coasters are copies? They have their own track design, their own cars, their own restraints, their own layouts.
It's not specifically because of the tilt coaster. It's because they really copied everything and mainly did it cheaper and worse. Yes, they are making progress and are coming up with their own ideas (for example with their own take on the tilt-coaster) the last couple of years. But you can't argue about their reputation...

And talking about the Vekoma tilt: at the moment they started designing and building the new generation models, it was only a matter of time they would do the new version of the coastertype. Also without GH building theirs.