What's new

Coronavirus: Impact on Theme Parks

BlueSonicHD

Mega Poster
image0.png
why the two outside urinals and the two outside basins ?‍♀️ just block the middle one off, twice the capacity, I dont think they have thought this through ?

CSLKennyNI

Giga Poster
why the two outside urinals and the two outside basins ?‍♀️ just block the middle one off, twice the capacity, I dont think they have thought this through ?
They are cropped images for demonstration. You can see another sink on the left side...

As for being bothered with going to parks with these restrictions. I think I will, need to work after all.
? Hope I get a big stick too. haha

JammyH

Hyper Poster
No problem... Will stick to DM ??

Back on topic... That diagram of the coaster layout is all very complex... Wouldn’t “leave an empty row between each family unit / group” be simple and effective?
I think it has to be a 1.5m gap so one empty row wouldn’t necessarily suffice, might have to be 2 empty rows depending on arrangement of the coaster car?

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team
Please everyone - we only use imperial measurement units in this forum. :p

JammyH

Hyper Poster
Skyline park, located in Bavaria in Germany, have been given the provisional reopening date of the 30th May. They have published a 13 page document on their website outlining the rules that will be required for visitors when coming to the park in order to keep guests and park staff safe.

Please note the above document is in German so I will outline the key points below:

-Day tickets will be sold online in advance to the public. A specific quota will then be available for those turning up on the day/annual pass holders. There will be a limited capacity so they will control the numbers and no further admissions will be allowed once the park is full.
-Only guests who have travelled to the park together and from the same group will be admitted. You will be given a wristband upon entry and must write your group name so staff can coordinate between groups.

-There will be a screen between guests and employees when ordering food. There will be no salad buffet at self service restaurants and guests will not be able to help themselves to certain food items and will have to order them instead.
-Coffee and hot chocolate machines are no longer self service. You must order from an employee.
-The inner seating areas and the main restaurant itself will also be closed to guests.

-Contactless hand sanitiser dispensers will be available for use at the catering stands and at the toilets, as well as at the rides.
-Face masks for guests and employees in the park are mandatory.
-Any employees who show symptoms of illness, including flu symptoms, will not be permitted to work. Similarly any guests showing symptoms of illness will not be permitted into the park.
-A soaked fleece cloth will be used to disinfect main points of contact on the rides.
-Disposable plastic gloves will be available at entrances to all rides for the guests to put on before boarding the attraction.

-There will be markings on the floor around the park (with the park mascot on them!) which will keep guests 2m apart. The park have explicitly stated that the wearing of masks does not mean that this 2m distance can be compromised.
-Any tables at any gastro. stands which remain open will be separated by a distance of 2m in order to keep people apart.

Each individual ride will have its own restrictions about where guests can and cannot sit. On page 11 of the document there are diagrams showing the spacing of riders on all of the attractions. Sky Walk, Zero Gravity & the kids farm will all remain permanently closed. Some of these main restrictions are:

-On the slide the middle lanes will remain closed and only the outside lanes operational.
-On the chair swings, the afterburner and the drop tower only every other seat can be sat in.
-On a couple of the flat rides and the Ferris wheel only every other car will be loaded.
-On the sky wheel coaster only 4 out of 6 rows will be loaded and used.
-On the ghost train only the next immediate car to leave the station will be loaded at a time and you can only sit with those you have travelled with/from your household.

-A lot of the other coasters/rides feature individual cars and are therefore less affected. The main rule will be that you can only ride in that individual car with your family group/those you have travelled with to the park. There will be no mixing of groups on the ride so that individual groups keep a 2m distance from each other at all times.

BlueSonicHD

Mega Poster
Skyline park, located in Bavaria in Germany, have been given the provisional reopening date of the 30th May. They have published a 13 page document on their website outlining the rules that will be required for visitors when coming to the park in order to keep guests and park staff safe.

Please note the above document is in German so I will outline the key points below:

-Day tickets will be sold online in advance to the public. A specific quota will then be available for those turning up on the day/annual pass holders. There will be a limited capacity so they will control the numbers and no further admissions will be allowed once the park is full.
-Only guests who have travelled to the park together and from the same group will be admitted. You will be given a wristband upon entry and must write your group name so staff can coordinate between groups.

-There will be a screen between guests and employees when ordering food. There will be no salad buffet at self service restaurants and guests will not be able to help themselves to certain food items and will have to order them instead.
-Coffee and hot chocolate machines are no longer self service. You must order from an employee.
-The inner seating areas and the main restaurant itself will also be closed to guests.

-Contactless hand sanitiser dispensers will be available for use at the catering stands and at the toilets, as well as at the rides.
-Face masks for guests and employees in the park are mandatory.
-Any employees who show symptoms of illness, including flu symptoms, will not be permitted to work. Similarly any guests showing symptoms of illness will not be permitted into the park.
-A soaked fleece cloth will be used to disinfect main points of contact on the rides.
-Disposable plastic gloves will be available at entrances to all rides for the guests to put on before boarding the attraction.

-There will be markings on the floor around the park (with the park mascot on them!) which will keep guests 2m apart. The park have explicitly stated that the wearing of masks does not mean that this 2m distance can be compromised.
-Any tables at any gastro. stands which remain open will be separated by a distance of 2m in order to keep people apart.

Each individual ride will have its own restrictions about where guests can and cannot sit. On page 11 of the document there are diagrams showing the spacing of riders on all of the attractions. Sky Walk, Zero Gravity & the kids farm will all remain permanently closed. Some of these main restrictions are:

-On the slide the middle lanes will remain closed and only the outside lanes operational.
-On the chair swings, the afterburner and the drop tower only every other seat can be sat in.
-On a couple of the flat rides and the Ferris wheel only every other car will be loaded.
-On the sky wheel coaster only 4 out of 6 rows will be loaded and used.
-On the ghost train only the next immediate car to leave the station will be loaded at a time and you can only sit with those you have travelled with/from your household.

-A lot of the other coasters/rides feature individual cars and are therefore less affected. The main rule will be that you can only ride in that individual car with your family group/those you have travelled with to the park. There will be no mixing of groups on the ride so that individual groups keep a 2m distance from each other at all times.
Well that all sound like is going to make an enjoyable day out :rolleyes:

BlueSonicHD

Mega Poster
I rote off this season a while ago :(

The uk gov and media have scared people that much they don’t want to leave the house or even go back to work never mind thinking about visiting a theme park.
Parks may be concerned that if they open the backlash they would receive from all these people who want to be wrapped in bubble wrap and let the government “protect” them

However I read that on heard immunity we may only need 10 to 20% infections

May be able to get back to normal next year with no restrictions
https://www.spectator.co.uk/article/herd-immunity-may-only-need-a-10-per-cent-infection-rate

Nicky Borrill

Strata Poster
I rote off this season a while ago :(

The uk gov and media have scared people that much they don’t want to leave the house or even go back to work never mind thinking about visiting a theme park.
Parks may be concerned that if they open the backlash they would receive from all these people who want to be wrapped in bubble wrap and let the government “protect” them

There is also, believe it or not an element of people who don’t want to go back to work ‘when they’re getting nearly as much to do nothing.’ I know, because I’ve witnessed it myself. To their credit, the government has made this fairly easy on the average working Joe who’s been furloughed.

However I read that on heard immunity we may only need 10 to 20% infections

May be able to get back to normal next year with no restrictions
https://www.spectator.co.uk/article/herd-immunity-may-only-need-a-10-per-cent-infection-rate
That ‘coefficient of variation’ theory is certainly an interesting and plausible concept. It would explain why so many countries seem to peak around that estimated 10% - 15% infected mark, no matter whether they took The lockdown route or not.

Further back in this thread we discussed other theories around why it wouldn’t have to be 60% to be useful... It wouldn’t be heard immunity as such, but the theory is that every 10% infected, potentially reduces the R by an equal factor, and with basic hygiene and masks, that R could stay below 1 with just 10% - 20%... But it’s unproven. And at this stage we don’t know how long immunity lasts, or even what percentage of people with antibodies actually have enough to be immune.

That being said, it’s likely to last at least a year, and as with many other viruses, the immunity amongst those infected is likely to be very high... But it is unproven.

JammyH

Hyper Poster
Well that all sound like is going to make an enjoyable day out :rolleyes:
I’m personally just happy to see them getting back on their feet and up and running again.

At these uncertain times the restrictions are necessary and they need to protect their staff and guests in the park. Yes, fun may be compromised but safety has to be the no.1. priority right now. Hopefully, the parks can start to become more “fun” next season as things get back to normal, but for now let’s just be glad that they are even allowed to open with restrictions in place :)

Nicky Borrill

Strata Poster
Another UK park struggling already... And won’t be opening this year... I hope they make it through to opening next year :/

P.s Sorry if it’s been posted elsewhere, I did a search for dreamland and couldn’t see anything.

JammyH

Hyper Poster
Another UK park struggling already... And won’t be opening this year... I hope they make it through to opening next year :/

P.s Sorry if it’s been posted elsewhere, I did a search for dreamland and couldn’t see anything.
This actually made me cry. Such heartbreaking news for such an amazing family run park.

It’s really worrying news. And as much as I hate to say it I wouldn’t be surprised if we hear similar from the likes of Drayton flamingo and potentially even blackpool.

Last edited:

UP87

Mega Poster
This is bs. Aren't they able to put the least bit of research into any measures they want to apply?

UP87

Mega Poster
And even optional gloves provide basically no additional security at all. They might even be harmful as they damage your skin and feature an awesome environment for breeding bacteria (if you're into that). Additionally nobody is trained to remove the gloves in the correct way. Gloves are just a false sense of security. Just wash or disinfect your hands and don't touch your face. The main way of infection seems to be through droplets in the air anyway.

Nicky Borrill

Strata Poster
This is bs. Aren't they able to put the least bit of research into any measures they want to apply

Edited as spotted your post at same time as mine.

Gloves are only useless / potentially dangerous if not used properly and disposed of properly after each task.

Used properly they are an effective barrier against you picking up contagions and you passing contagions...

But yeh, you’re right, washing / sanitising your hands before AND after doing anything is just as effective, less wasteful of vital PPE, and kinder to the planet.

Last edited:

Nicky Borrill

Strata Poster
There is also, believe it or not an element of people who don’t want to go back to work ‘when they’re getting nearly as much to do nothing.’ I know, because I’ve witnessed it myself. To their credit, the government has made this fairly easy on the average working Joe who’s been furloughed.

Looks like this potential issue has been spotted...

“People are addicted to the scheme” “We have to get people back to work”

D9E19672-BEBD-47B3-9982-2E79F6EF83E2.jpeg

P.s excuse the photo of my printed copy, the Times online is behind a pay wall..,