What's new

GuyWithAStick

Captain Basic
Bit of an interesting move from a park- Walibi Holland has replaced the front rows on both of Condor's trains with two different types of cars. One has KumbaK seats, the other has Vekoma Vests. The rest of the rows are still going to have the horse collars. Here's a roughly translated Looopings article:

http://www.looopings.nl/weblog/7362/Fotos-nieuwe-karretjes-op-Walibi-achtbaan-Condor.html

The famous Condor rollercoaster in Walibi Holland has new carts. This can be seen on photos published on Facebook. In both trains of the suspended coaster the front tray was replaced by a new one. It is an experiment.

050417daddy2.jpg

One new trolley was supplied by coaster builder Vekoma, the manufacturer of the Condor. The other comes from the factory KumbaK competitor, also a Dutch company. The test should reveal which of the two carts improves ritervaring.

SEE ALSO: Walibi Holland paints this winter three rollercoasters

"Today we drive several suspended looping coaster trains to compare Vekoma-seats with KumbaK-seats" , on the Facebook page of Project Engineering Damstra from Luttelgeest.

050417daddy1.jpg

Walibi is closed until April 14th. Last winter the pillars of the Condor are painted.

Hopefully this means that it'll get completely new trains within the next few years!

hamcake

Roller Poster
awesome, going to be visiting this year and was not looking forward to this ride.

edit: are they conducting these tests for themselves or hosting a test for another park I wonder

Last edited:

peep

CF Legend
An interesting move, glad more parks are moving away from ear destroying restraints though.

Sent from my E6653 using Tapatalk

Hutch

Strata Poster
awesome, going to be visiting this year and was not looking forward to this ride.
Don't even bother raising your expectations. I'll still take these restraints over those old ones, but T3, which uses the Kumbak restraints (didn't know that term until now) was still HORRIBLE.

balrog

Mega Poster
Well, if they bother testing both in situ, it means they care for real. I think we should be confident they are gonna make the right choice.

ATTACKHAMMER

Strata Poster
This is interesting! The new Vekoma trains look like they would be a huge improvement. The ride is simply awful as it is.

Lofty

CF Legend
Well, if they bother testing both in situ, it means they care for real. I think we should be confident they are gonna make the right choice.
Or you know, people that have suffered Kumbak's disgustingly uncomfortable trains compare to Vekoma's new comfortable ones can wish for the better choice...