What's new

Cobra Simulator

Peter

Hyper Poster
^ haha! I never noticed the Edits there. I only check a topic if it comes up as a new post. :lol:

Thanks for the comments about the Cobra sim. The things that you mentioned are all pretty easy things to include, so should be able to include that in the next one. The most difficult thing from that list is taking trains on and off, but i'm sure that it won't be too hard when I get my brain around it. :p

As I said, the Cobra sim was my first, and you can always make improvements. I now have a better idea how I can do these things differently, code them in different ways and so on which should hopefully make it much easier to add/edit extra features. Glad you liked it anyway.

My exams have just finished now, so I'm thinking of starting the next one. Rollercoasters interest me much more than flat rides, so I would rather do a coaster. I do like the sound of the woodie coaster. At the moment i'm thinking of doing Megafobia, but i'll need some decent station picks and a station/queue layout diagram since i've never been there.

I shall be brainstorming what I want in the next one this evening anyway. If anyone else has any suggestions as to what you would like to see in a rollercoaster simulator, please say.

EDIT: For the few people who played it, what did you think of the resolution of the game? Was it too big? Too Small? Don't like widescreen? Do you prefer a full screen game?

Ollie

CF Legend
^It was fine. The thing that annoyed me was how long it took people to walk the queue line. If there's the biggest coaster in the park, your not going to walk like an OAP in a zimmer frame (think that's what they're called).

As for Ideas for a new project. I'd like to see a DLRP Space Mountain. As the only current ones, are of the crappy one in Florida. :p

Rob

Mega Poster
A woodie like Megafobia would be nice as you say. The one real thing i'd like to see altered is the way the day ends. What I've seen that looks good is when you can set your own opening and closing time, but I'd also like a no time limit function and day/night, as sometimes I prefer just to be able to continue op'ing.

Jools

Giga Poster
And on the Cobra sim thing, I save link as (as it doesn't say target) and it doesn't work, it just comes up with a black box :(

Peter

Hyper Poster
Ah, that would be because it was hosted on Ride Host, which now seems to have closed down or something. I'll try and find a new download link for ya.

As for a second sim, I did start an Oblivion one, but didn't get very far. I'm actually coding for a gaming community at the mo, which has taken priority over these simulators. :p

EDIT: New download link:

http://www.mediafire.com/?9m3dcnj4ejv

Deano

Mega Poster
Hey, im trying to download it for another computer because its a really good time waster :lol:

And the link doesnt work. (The new link doesnt work).

So yea, do you have another useable link? :)

Peter

Hyper Poster
Bit of a bump, but meh.

I've had a few people ask me to re-upload this, so the download link on the first post should now work if anyone wants to try it out.

AmandaPanda

Mega Poster
HALP ME!

I updated my DX and now the window pops up but then another box appears saying something like "Display mode not supported"

I mean wtf :?

Peter

Hyper Poster
It seems like your video card or monitor doesn't support the resolution and colour depth of the game.

Its set to run at a 1024 x 600 resolution, with 32 bit colour. If you're PC can't support that, then there isn't much you can do - i'd need to change the source code of the game to match your PC.

Hurri

Mega Poster
I enjoyed it, very good sim. The only thing I would comment on is the clock, it takes 5 minutes to check restraints and if you try to test the ride at the start by sending all the cars it eats an hour of 'park open' time.. But that's just me being picky, and if it was a realtime clock you'd have people playing it for hours on end and getting Repetetive Strain Injury. Good work though.

A

Anonymous

Peter said:
It seems like your video card or monitor doesn't support the resolution and colour depth of the game.

Its set to run at a 1024 x 600 resolution, with 32 bit colour. If you're PC can't support that, then there isn't much you can do - i'd need to change the source code of the game to match your PC.

Is there anyway around this because I'm getting the same message and my graphics card is relativley new.

Cernuschi

Roller Poster
Wow I really loved playing this sim. Definately one of the best i've seen for a long time. Cant wait to see what you come up with next.

divvie_dave

Mega Poster
It would be cool to implement that extra train for when the Q gets a bit too much :p

But i played a whole day, and it enjoyed it... so well done :)