What's new

Coasters you want to get remastered

cjbrandy

Hyper Poster
Remasters is something thats associated with the video game industry but recently its moved to the coaster industry too with the Incredible Hulk getting a full remaster with new track, trains and effects to give a better, smoother ride. There are so many coasters that could use improvements here and there but which ones do you want to see fully remastered?

I'll start with two:
Furius Baco- complete replacement of track with Intamin's next gen version found on Skyrush and better designed wing trains that negate the roughness. Then it should be Europe's second best launch coaster after Helix. Additionally, I've heard that concrete tunnel halfway through the ride was meant to be themed to a house? It'd be nice for that to get completed one day.

Space Mountain Paris: You could say its sort of in the process of being remastered now with new effects and **** but if the whole track got replaced with Vekoma's next gen track and new trains with either vest restraints or lap bars (anything you can't bash your ears on), it would probably be the best indoor coaster on the planet. I already love it but I know it could be better!

MagnesiumPC

Roller Poster
Complete revamp of all these Blue Streak/Ghoster Coaster/ Fairly Odd Coaster / PTC Junior Coasters.
Retrack em' (like maybe some GG or GCI topper track), and some brand new PTC trains that don't want you dead.

Another one would be the Family Suspended Coasters. Give them some new track, and vekomaa new trains, and they would be respectable family coasters.

Finally, those gosh darn Arrow Loopers. Maybe not the classics, but some of them could really use some TLC from S&S, Vekoma, or even Chance Morgan. Maybe some new lapbar trains with a Chance-Morgan style track (the glossy smooth variety found on Lightning Run) or the new Vekoma track.

TilenB

Strata Poster
Furius Baco- complete replacement of track with Intamin's next gen version found on Skyrush and better designed wing trains that negate the roughness. Then it should be Europe's second best launch coaster after Helix.

Regardless what they do with it, that uninspired Figure-8 layout would still be miles away from the likes of Taron, etc.

Ireeb

Mega Poster
I am dreaming of Eurosat, Europapark, being remastered everyday. The general idea (a space themed family darkride roller coaster that is fun for everyone) is a nice mix and the spaceship earth like building for it is very cool as well. The concept was well executed for that time (were there even coaster design programs 30 years ago?), but today you could make it so much better. The complete ride is rather rough (which also makes it funny though) and has some parts that are a bit boring, as well as a few turns that can hurt your neck if you don't expect them.
If I was in charge I would:
-Renovate the building, station and queue, maybe going for a darker grey for the sphere with blue LEDs at the triangle's edges. Cover the concrete walls beneath the sphere with metal.
-Rebuild the rollercoaster itself with a modern layout with similar intensity, with new trains of course. A modified version of the Mack YoungStar could be used.
-Maybe a vertical lift instead of the spiral lift, but I don't know if that is too intense for some people already. It could be in a tunnel in which you can project images, a 360° cinema which simulates starting from earth and traveling to space
-Even though lasers are cool, I'd reduce the amount of lasers and add more space theming, maybe LED stars and black hole effects. Currently Eurosat looks more like a nightclub than anything else.
-Remaster the music, which is super cool already, but it could sound more modern. Keeping the general melody and stuff, but more modern synths and beats etc. maybe get the atmosphere even more space-ish
-Better Air Conditioning.

I really love Eurosat, but it could be so much better. Maybe it'll get at least some love on its 30th anniversary.
(And yes I am not that nostalgia kind of guy. I'd just scrap and replace it.)
(And wow this got longer than I wanted. Sorry for the long post xD)

zazobo

Hyper Poster
Additionally, I've heard that concrete tunnel halfway through the ride was meant to be themed to a house? It'd be nice for that to get completed one day
I didn't know that... Had always thought it was a little bit random and totally underwhelming, would be great to see it jazzed up. After the launch the whole ride is pretty unremarkable except for the obvious brain injury that is sustained. That's fairly markable.

Lofty

CF Legend
Furius Baco- complete replacement of track with Intamin's next gen version found on Skyrush and better designed wing trains that negate the roughness. Then it should be Europe's second best launch coaster after Helix. Additionally, I've heard that concrete tunnel halfway through the ride was meant to be themed to a house? It'd be nice for that to get completed one day.
It won't be the second best in Europe, it'd be at least 3/4, behind Taron (best launch coaster in, Europe ;)

Well, the concrete tunnel is true. The whole of the beginning section until you cross over the track again was meant to be themed to a whole village with houses that you weave in and out of, but sadly never came into fruition.

I've love The Big One to get completely renovated - it's just absolutely abysmal at the moment.

NeoXIII

Best Newcomer 2016
I'd love to see AT's Oblivion revamped and reworked, even though less the track itself but the entire ride with its queue line. I was quite disappointed by how little the story/concept is translated into the ride experience. I don't know how it was in its first years of operating, but most of its narrative is lost to me. Making it floorless and adding an additional unloading bay so that it actually looks like people are getting lost on the ride would make it so much more exciting again.
(Unpopular opinion incoming) I'd also love Oblivion to get a new theme to fit The Smiler/Ministry of Joy...*hides*

Bat Fastard

Hyper Poster
The only thing I want remastered is Modern Warfare 2. If that happens, my life will be complete.
Ok in all seriousness, I think Magnum could use it, I feel like it could be a really really really good coaster if it wasn't so rough and didn't have those awkward and painful ass restraints. Maybe re profile the track a bit also.

BigBad

Mega Poster
Maggie is the easiest choice. I'd like to see it RMCed.

Think about it: Schilke was an engineer for Arrow. If anyone would be qualified to do this, it would be him. I would like to see it retain the original spirit, though. It shouldn't be too crazy (no inversions or even overbanked turns, for instance), but RMC could turn it into a smooth yet forceful ride.

Jamesss

Hyper Poster
Good call on Baco and Space Mountain Paris.

Baco has got to be revamped at some point, surely. It can't carry on as it is.

As for Space Mountain, there's been rumours of new trains for ages. It probably needs retracking actually but I can't see that being practical.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sandman

Giga Poster
When the time comes, I'd like to see Nemesis remastered. The industry has moved thick and fast since '94, so whenever Merlin and the GP have agreed that it's had it's day (a while yet) I'd hope to see a next-gen Nemmy. Don't think much would need to change as such.