What's new

Coasters you don't have much (if anything!) to say about

Rob Coasters

Hyper Poster
What coasters do you just have not much, if anything, to say about? Something so incredibly middle of the road, that even if it's massive or tiny, the most you can muster up about this ride is one or two sentences before thinking "is that it?".

It might've been a ride you completely forgot about, something you rode for the plus-one then just moved on without looking back, something where you find yourself repeating the exact same few sentences about.

It doesn't have to necessarily bad rides, just ones where you try to talk about them but just end up repeating yourself several times because it's really not all that special. You see how I'm repeating the same thing over the past few paragraphs in this post? Exactly that.

I'll get on with mine...

OzIris (Parc Astérix): Starting off with a shocker, I rode this seven times on my school trip and do not remember a second of it. I legitimately cannot talk about the ride because everything that happened on all of my cycles was nothing but a blur. "How was the first drop"? I don't know. "How was the dive loop?" I don't know. "How was the whole tunnels thing?" I have absolutely no idea. I've considered straight up not putting this into my rankings because I simply have no clue how it rode. I know I enjoyed it because I rode it seven times that day so it'll scrape my top ten. Then someone approaches me with "this ride is good enough to be your #1" and all I can say is 'I wish I knew how this rode'. Rode this before I became an enthusiast.

Big Dipper (Blackpool Pleasure Beach): Something slightly more understandable: This was another case of "I can't remember what it was like" and instantly when I got off I said to my brother, who skipped the ride, "alright what next?". I remember the turn around the top of the lift being a lot more intense than I thought it would be, but the rest is all a blur. I also remember the prelift more than the entire rest of the ride. Rode this before I became an enthusiast.

Scenic Railway (Dreamland): In 2017 this wouldn't have been on the list. A very fun-loving brakeman where the coaster was fantastically rerideable and even offered some airtime at several points on the ride. Then 2018 rolled along and it was terrible. Zero airtime, pretty sure the lap bar went down as far as it could go, and just in general felt much slower like the brakeman downgraded. And now it's just kind of there. I've seen both sides of the spectrum, and sadly my most recent impression is the worse one. Went from having a lot to say about the ride, to not. Rode this before I became an enthusiast.

So, what are yours?

Indy

Hyper Poster
I'm just listing them because I really don't have much to say. They were "fine"...

Silver Bullet, Knott's Berry Farm
Intimidator, Carowinds
Green Lantern Coaster, Warner Bros. Movie World
Thirteen, Alton Towers
Steel Force, Dorney Park
Wild Thing, Valleyfair!
Sky Rocket, Kennywood

cookie

Giga Poster
I feel like I (and probably a lot of people) have more difficulty forming opinions on coasters I've only been on once, as usually after two-three rides I have a pretty good idea where I stand on them. Just from last summer's trip, both Heidi: The Ride and RC Racer are big blurs to me, in part because their low capacity and slow ops prevented me from riding each more than once on my visit.

The exceptions to this are the coasters that were pretty easy to pick out as terrible from the start, like the two SLCs (MP-Xpress and Vampire) I've been on.

SkyrushSimp

Mega Poster
Honestly, Mako at SeaWorld Orlando. it's basically the most generic b&m hyper (Outside of the **** show that is Intimidator)

Matt N

CF Legend
Great thread idea!

I'd say I have at least a mild recollection of riding every coaster in my count, but the main ones that I can think of that fit this are:
  • Dragon Challenge (both sides) - Islands of Adventure: I know these coasters were very unique, and they weren't bad rides per se, but I found both to be profoundly average as standalone coasters, and I don't really remember too much about either. My overriding memory of them is that they were both surprisingly rough and not especially eventful layout-wise, and that I marginally preferred Hungarian Horntail of the two as it was slightly less rough. Oh, and I remember that the queue was nicely themed, but really, really long. They were my two least favourite B&M inverts by a fair distance, and I'm pretty confident that I'll probably like Hagrid's a fair amount more than I liked either Dragon Challenge coaster when I eventually return to IOA.
  • Cobra's Curse - Busch Gardens Tampa: Busch Gardens Tampa as a whole is beginning to grow hazier for me, but this coaster was particularly unmemorable, for some reason. I remember being really wowed by the queue line, audio and general theming... but I remember surprisingly little of the coaster itself. I remember thinking it was fine, and perfectly good fun for what it was, but it was nothing especially spectacular or memorable. Storm Chaser at Paultons certainly left more of an impression on me as far as Mack spinners go.
It is worth me noting that all of these coasters are rides I've only ridden once, and the most recently ridden of these was ridden 5.5 years ago in August 2016. (CC was August 2016, Chinese Fireball was August 2016, and Hungarian Horntail was August 2014)

Last edited:

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team
@Matt N I mean isn't the point to not describe or say anything about the coasters? 😜

Let's see:
  • Mystery Mine
  • Incredicoaster
  • All the Mr. Freezes
  • All the Premier Launches while we're at it
  • Journey to Atlantis
  • Screamin' Eagle
  • Comet. Just anything named Comet.
  • Anything listed from #60 onward in my coaster rankings :p

Rob Coasters

Hyper Poster
  • Anything listed from #60 onward in my coaster rankings :p
The funny thing is that I'm completely the opposite - I could literally write some decent length paragraph on some appallingly low ranked coasters - some oval shaped layouts I have more to say about them than I do with something like OzIris or Family Star.

I also appreciate both the "just a list" and the "explaining why I have nothing to say about these" ways of posting - in a way they do both fit the subject!