What's new

CoasterForce COVID-19 Vaccination Poll

What is your COVID-19 vaccination status?

• Partially vaccinated (Pfizer)

Votes: 20 19.4%
  • Fully vaccinated (Pfizer)

Votes: 39 37.9%
  • Partially vaccinated (AstraZeneca)

Votes: 1 1.0%
  • Fully vaccinated (AstraZeneca)

Votes: 14 13.6%
  • Partially vaccinated (Moderna)

Votes: 3 2.9%
  • Fully vaccinated (Moderna)

Votes: 10 9.7%
  • Fully vaccinated (Johnson & Johnson)

Votes: 3 2.9%
  • Partially vaccinated (Other)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Fully vaccinated (Other)

• Haven’t had the vaccine yet, but intend to when called up

Votes: 8 7.8%
  • Unsure whether to get the vaccine

• Definitely not getting the vaccine

Votes: 5 4.9%

• Total voters

Matt N

CF Legend
Hi guys. As vaccine coverage is increasing across the world, I’m really intrigued to know whether any of us CFers have had the jab or whether they plan to get it, so I decided to make this poll to ask about your COVID vaccination status; whether you plan to have the vaccine, whether you’ve only had one dose or whether you’ve had both, as well as which vaccine you’ve had. The two main ones being used in most cases seem to be the Pfizer and AstraZeneca vaccines, but I know that the Moderna vaccine and the Johnson & Johnson vaccine are also very prevalent in America in particular. I’ve also added “Other” options, as some countries are using things like the Russian Sputnik V vaccine and the Chinese vaccines.

I’ll get the ball rolling, then. I’ve had both doses, and I had the Pfizer vaccine; I had my first dose on 27th March, and my second dose on 20th May.

I’ve put a poll in, but it’s an anonymous poll, as I know this is a contentious topic for some.

But have you been vaccinated? Do you plan to get vaccinated?

Will

Strata Poster
Doubt you'll find many anvivax here as we all want to travel abroad for coasters!

But age group seems to decide full immunity?

Matt N

CF Legend
But age group seems to decide full immunity?
In the case of the UK, at least, there are also younger people in group 4 (clinically extremely vulnerable/shielding groups), as well as younger people in group 6 (underlying health conditions), like myself, who qualified for vaccines early compared to others of their age group: https://assets.publishing.service.g...-covid-19-vaccination-30-dec-2020-revised.pdf

I know that in the USA, also, everyone over the age of 16 is now being offered a vaccine in a number of states and have been for a number of weeks now. Surely some of those must have had their second dose by now, as I know that the USA has a shorter dosage interval than Britain?

Bentleya

Mega Poster
I’m booked in for Saturday, I’ve just turned 30 and I should be booked in for the Pfizer.

Last edited:

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
In about 45mins I'll be "Fully Vaccinated (AstraZeneca)".

I'm only(!) 29, but due to coeliac disease got pushed up into one of the earlier groups. Bit of a nonsense really, but I'm not complaining!

Matt N

CF Legend
In about 45mins I'll be "Fully Vaccinated (AstraZeneca)".

I'm only(!) 29, but due to coeliac disease got pushed up into one of the earlier groups. Bit of a nonsense really, but I'm not complaining!
I’m only 17, but was pushed into group 6 alongside the 60-65-year-olds due to the fact I have autism. That’s apparently classed as a “severe or profound learning disability”. Due to a bit of a mix-up booking my first dose, I eventually ended up having my first dose at the same time as the over-55s, but that’s besides the point. Everyone else at the vaccination centre when I went was probably at least triple my age, and because my first dose was lumped in with the second doses of Pfizer, I was probably the only one under about 70 in the Pfizer queue.

I’m guessing you were group 6 as well?

Hope your second jab goes well!

JoshC.

Strata Poster
Being a young whippersnapper at the age of 27, I'm still not vaccinated yet. Expected it to be a couple more weeks until 27 year olds are invited.

But to my surprise, I got my golden text message this morning inviting me to book my first vaccine. So I'm getting my first shot tomorrow morning. Not sure which one it will be yet though.

Not sure the exact circumstances which has led to the slightly earlier invite. Presumably one of (or a mix of):
1. Vaccine uptake has been good in my area and they're just able to move down the list
2. Being Staines-based, I'm close to Hounslow which is an area of concern with the Delta Variant.

Either that, or it's been opened up to 27-29 year olds today and it hasn't been formally announced yet.

Can't complain in any situation. Hate needles and all that, but needs must and all that.

Matt N

CF Legend
Being a young whippersnapper at the age of 27, I'm still not vaccinated yet. Expected it to be a couple more weeks until 27 year olds are invited.

But to my surprise, I got my golden text message this morning inviting me to book my first vaccine. So I'm getting my first shot tomorrow morning. Not sure which one it will be yet though.

Not sure the exact circumstances which has led to the slightly earlier invite. Presumably one of (or a mix of):
1. Vaccine uptake has been good in my area and they're just able to move down the list
2. Being Staines-based, I'm close to Hounslow which is an area of concern with the Delta Variant.

Either that, or it's been opened up to 27-29 year olds today and it hasn't been formally announced yet.

Can't complain in any situation. Hate needles and all that, but needs must and all that.
I know some local areas have been able to move ahead with their vaccine programs quicker than others; for example, I live in the Forest of Dean, and my dad, who’s 47, and my mum, who’s 46, were invited for their first doses by our local vaccination centre when the official government word was still “no under-50s”. So your local area may have just been able to move ahead more quickly than some others.

My mum had already had both doses a while beforehand, being a healthcare worker, but my dad was thrilled, and booked his first dose as soon as he got the text!

Alternatively, it could be down to you being near a Delta variant risk area, as you say. I know many, such as Bolton, have opened up surge vaccination centres, where anyone over 18 can go and get vaccinated.

TilenB

Strata Poster
Well, I had COVID back in January. Luckily it wasn't anything severe for me personally (like a heavier cold or something, though I did lose quite a lot of weight in those days, so I guess my body was pretty busy fighting it, even if it didn't really seem like much on the outside), but I did lose my grandma to it, so yeah, **** COVID.

From the papers that I've read online, I think the natural immunity should protect me for a while longer, so I don't think it would be completely necessary for me to get the vaccine as soon as possible (though I have signed up for the vaccination and will respond if they call me up), but I'm definitely not looking forward to mid-July when those 6 months from testing positive will pass and I will have to go back to testing negative to do just about anything exciting (and be locked out of visiting some countries that are only accepting vaccinated people and those that had COVID in the past 6 months).

But yeah, if you didn't have COVID yet, please do get vaccinated. I was just talking to my aunt (who's a pathologist) the other day and she told me that they do get people as young as in their early 30s that were otherwise healthy in for their autopsy...

Jared

Hyper Poster
I had my first dose of Pfizer on Sunday. Beat me up like I’d done a few rounds with Mike Tyson, but now I’m absolutely fine! Second ones booked in for August.

Matt N

CF Legend
Well, I had COVID back in January. Luckily it wasn't anything severe for me personally (like a heavier cold or something, though I did lose quite a lot of weight in those days, so I guess my body was pretty busy fighting it, even if it didn't really seem like much on the outside), but I did lose my grandma to it, so yeah, **** COVID.

From the papers that I've read online, I think the natural immunity should protect me for a while longer, so I don't think it would be completely necessary for me to get the vaccine as soon as possible (though I have signed up for the vaccination and will respond if they call me up), but I'm definitely not looking forward to mid-July when those 6 months from testing positive will pass and I will have to go back to testing negative to do just about anything exciting (and be locked out of visiting some countries that are only accepting vaccinated people and those that had COVID in the past 6 months).

But yeah, if you didn't have COVID yet, please do get vaccinated. I was just talking to my aunt (who's a pathologist) the other day and she told me that they do get people as young as in their early 30s that were otherwise healthy in for their autopsy...
I’m really sorry about your grandma; have my deepest condolences.

The thing to remember, though, is that the vaccination doesn’t solely protect you from COVID. As blunt as it might sound, the governments of the world don’t really care if young people get the sniffles for a few days from COVID.

When vaccinating older and more vulnerable groups, the vaccination effort was about protecting the people being vaccinated from COVID, as these groups are more susceptible to severe COVID, hospitalisation with COVID and death from COVID.

However, now that the vaccination efforts have moved onto younger age groups in many countries, the purpose of the vaccination effort is now to stop these younger age groups from transmitting COVID to others as opposed to stopping younger people from contracting COVID. As much as we younger people are generally not at a high risk of severe disease, we are very good at being silent spreaders, as we often have symptoms so mild that we brush them off as being nothing to worry about, or often even no symptoms at all.

Up to a third of people who contract COVID are thought to be asymptomatic, and that percentage is even higher among young people, so as younger people tend to do a lot more mixing than older people, the potential for high asymptomatic spread is what’s really worrying the governments of the world. They’re not worried about you or me getting COVID, they’re worried about us spreading it to our older or more vulnerable relatives or friends, who might not be able to deal with the virus like we can. As such, greater spread among healthy young people is dangerous because it eventually equals greater spread amongst older and more vulnerable people, which leads to a greater amount of hospitalisations, a greater amount of deaths, and healthcare systems becoming overwhelmed. It’s the overwhelming of healthcare systems that world leaders are really worried about, which is why they’re so concerned about vaccinating younger, healthier people as well as vulnerable groups.

Sorry for the essay; that wasn’t aimed at you in particular, I just thought it was something worth pointing out.

Furiustobaco

Mega Poster
I'm fully vaccinated (had jab 1 back on March the 1st and number two in early may). I am only 18 though was bumped up due to suffering from a few medical conditions. Honestly i found the first jab painless- with a mild fever for a hour or two the next day. The second jab was painless and i has no reaction to it whatsoever.

jj23w

Hyper Poster
I was supposed to have it done nearly 3 months ago along with my mum as I’m the carer for Nan grandad and mother. 3 months later still waiting I could book it initially but then it wouldn’t let me book it because it was AstraZeneca.

TilenB

Strata Poster
Well, I agree with you completely, @Matt N, but I'm not sure what part of my post you're referring to? In theory, natural immunity should help limiting the asymptomatic spreading, as when your immune system is already familiar with the virus, it should be able to fight against the virus faster and more effectively than if it isn't. And vaccines also aren't 100% effective in limiting the spread, as I've heard of some cases where COVID continued to spread amongst the vaccinated populations like old people's homes. But as those people were already vaccinated, their symptoms were never severe enough to require visiting a hospital.

And yeah, with that last paragraph I was mostly trying to get to people that think it's only a disease that affects old people and feel that will get off scot-free if they catch it. I mean, I'm sure there aren't many on these forums (if nothing else, people will get vaccinated to be allowed to travel), but I still felt it was something that needed to be said out loud. 🙂

Matt N

CF Legend
Well, I agree with you completely, @Matt N, but I'm not sure what part of my post you're referring to? In theory, natural immunity should help limiting the asymptomatic spreading, as when your immune system is already familiar with the virus, it should be able to fight against the virus faster and more effectively than if it isn't. And vaccines also aren't 100% effective in limiting the spread, as I've heard of some cases where COVID continued to spread amongst the vaccinated populations like old people's homes. But as those people were already vaccinated, their symptoms were never severe enough to require visiting a hospital.

And yeah, with that last paragraph I was mostly trying to get to people that think it's only a disease that affects old people and feel that will get off scot-free if they catch it. I mean, I'm sure there aren't many on these forums (if nothing else, people will get vaccinated to be allowed to travel), but I still felt it was something that needed to be said out loud. 🙂
I was mainly referring to the fact that your post seemed to focus on personal protection as opposed to wider protection of the population, so I thought it might be worth raising. As I said, if wasn’t aimed at anyone in particular; I just thought it would be worth saying about so people are informed.

But I seem to have misinterpreted you, so I do apologise for that!
I was supposed to have it done nearly 3 months ago along with my mum as I’m the carer for Nan grandad and mother. 3 months later still waiting I could book it initially but then it wouldn’t let me book it because it was AstraZeneca.
Try calling your GP if you’re struggling. They should be able to squeeze you in for a jab you’re eligible for.

I take it you’re under 18 like me, therefore not eligible for AZ?

HeartlineCoaster

Theme Park Superhero
None of the above until the weekend, at which point I'll be partial Pfizer.
Same story as Josh, they seem to have moved down the list a bit locally and are sending texts to anyone over 25.

Thekingin64

Strata Poster
Had my first jab in the 2nd week of May so I'm currently Partially (Pfizer), 2nd one currently booked for end of July. Aside from a sore arm, no side effects either!

I'm only 23 with no serious underlying conditions but Wales have been doing fantastic with their vaccine rollout so I believe everyone is currently eligible here (despite issues with the AZ vaccine causing delays for older age groups)

Hutch

Strata Poster
To the UK folks... you have to wait 2 months in between Pfiezer shots?! It's three weeks for Pfeizer in the US, and 4 weeks for Moderna.

Pretty much every adult could get the vaccine by the end of April in the US. Had to wait an hour to get my first shot, as there was huge demand in Massachusetts during that first week. Luckily it was a walk on for the second shot. At this point demand has plummeted, and everyone here who wants a shot and is eligible can easily get one no problem.

For my first dose, my arm hurt like a bitch that night and the next morning, but was fortunate to have no symptoms at all my second. It's pretty fascinating hearing how everyone reacts differently... couple of my roommates had Pfiezer and woke up shivering and sweating the night of their second dose.