What's new

CoasterForce’s Favourite Dutch Rollercoasters

Matt N

CF Legend
Hi guys. Another month has passed, and while I’m still totting up the results of the Pennsylvania poll (they’re coming later!), I thought it might be a good time to start a new monthly poll! And this month, I’m going with a brilliant suggestion that @Howie gave in the last thread; this month, I’m working out CoasterForce’s Favourite Dutch Rollercoasters!

I haven’t been to the Netherlands, so I can’t contribute, but if you’ve been and want to throw your opinions on the Dutch coasters into the ring, you have until 31st August 2021 at 11:59pm to do so!

I can’t wait to see what CoasterForce’s Favourite Dutch Rollercoasters are!

JoshC.

Strata Poster
Here we go, some good coasters here...

1. Untamed, Walibi Holland
2. Lost Gravity, Walibi Holland
3. Joris en de Draak, Efteling (idk what your thought process is in dealing with duelling rides, but if matters, Fire over Water).
4. Troy, Toverland
5. Goliath, Walibi Holland
6. Baron 1898, Efteling
7. De Vliegende Hollander, Efteling
8. Vogel Rok, Efteling
9. XPress: Platform 13, Walibi Holland
10. Fēnix, Toverland

My Top 5 Dutch creds are in my Top 10 overall as it stands. After that, the spread is much more broad (Fēnix is just in Top 40 I reckon). It's interesting that they're only spread throughout 3 parks, despite me having done the 7 biggest Dutch parks...not sure what conclusion you can draw about the disparity in quality of the Dutch parks from that, but there's definitely something to say about it.

Edit: Misplaced a space, so had Xpress :platform 13. Seems like a very Walibi name tbf

Last edited:

Matt N

CF Legend
I should clarify @JoshC.; as you asked, I tend to bung the two sides of dueling coasters together and go with someone’s highest ranking of the duo if they separate them.

I do this because you can simplify the ranking of someone who does separate them, but you can’t really extrapolate anything from the ranking of someone who doesn’t separate them.

Going forward, that’s the rule I’d say I’ll adopt for dueling coasters!

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
1. Untamed, Walibi Holland
2. Goliath, Walibi Holland
3. Fenix, Toverland
4. Troy, Toverland
5. Joris en de Draak, Efteling (merged, but I think for the record fire edges it for me)
6. Baron 1898, Efteling
7. Vliegende Hollander, Efteling
8. Lost Gravity, Walibi Holland
9. Dwervelwind, Toverland
10. Familieachtbaan, BillyBird Park Hemelrijk

:)

FistedColossus

Hyper Poster
Only done Efteling and Walibi, the latter of which I swerved half the coasters in favour of Untamed rerides.

1. Untamed
2. Joris
3. Goliath
4. Lost Gravity
5. Speed of Sound
6. Vogelrok
7. Baron
8. Bob
9. Python

Edit: Baron is so boring I forgot to include it

HeartlineCoaster

Theme Park Superhero
1. Untamed
2. Lost Gravity
3. Joris en der Draak
4. Goliath
5. Fenix
6. Gold Rush
7. Formule X
8. Troy
9. Baron 1898
10. Vogel Rok

TilenB

Strata Poster
Oh, nice. Netherlands is the country where I've ridden the 2nd highest amount of creds from the places I've visited (only behind Germany) at 42 coasters overall, though I haven't been there since 2015, so no Lost Gravity, Untamed or Fenix in my top 10 yet. It was on my radar for re-visiting in 2021, but I've decided against doing any big trips until 2022.

1. Goliath, Walibi Holland
2. Troy, Toverland
3. Joris en de Draak (also with Vuur being the better side)
4. Thunder Loop, Attractiepark Slagharen
5. Familieachtbaan, Billybird
6. Baron 1898, Efteling
7. Formule X, Drievliet Family Park
8. Dwervelwind, Toverland
9. Booster Bike, Toverland
10. Dragon Fly, Duinrell

CanobieFan

Strata Poster
With a grand total of three ridden Dutch coasters, my sad list is........

Troy Toverland

😬 (Gap) 😬

Booster Bike Toverland
Toos Express Toverland

Will

Strata Poster
This is more like it :)

1. Troy, Toverland
2. Baron 1898, Efteling
3. Fenix, Toverland
4. Untamed, Walibi World of Why
5. Lost Gravity, Walibi World of Why
6. Dwervelwind, Toverland
7. Joris en de Draak, Efteling
8. De Vliegende Hollander, Efteling
9. Goliath, Walibi World of Why
10. Speed of Sound, Walibi World of Why

Toverland is my favourite Dutch park.

Last edited:

Howie

Donkey in a hat
Nice one, Matt!
Some great coasters in the Netherlands, one of my favourite European countries for theme parks. One of my favourite countries full stop, actually.
I've only been to Efteling, Walibi and Toverland but between those three I can easily rustle up a credible top 10. Here goes then:

1. Untamed.
Brilliant! Snapping at the heels of Helix and Shambhala for 'best coaster in Europe'. Comfortably in my top 10 and 2nd favourite RMC behind Vengeance.

2. Goliath.
Also brilliant, a former top 5 coaster of mine when I first rode it and still comfortably in the top 20.

3. Troy.
Mental! Contender for best woodie in Europe... but it can be a bit brutal if you catch it on a bad day.

4. Fenix.
A lovely, lovely wing coaster.

5. Joris en de Draak.
Ranked together as 1 attraction. Both sides are very good, great sense of humour and an AWESOME soundtrack.

6. Baron 1898.
A lovely, lovely dive coaster.

7. Lost Gravity.
Can be a bit hit-and-miss, but when it hits, it hits good.

8. Dwervelwind.
Excellent family spinner.

9. Vliegende Hollander.
Included for the epic dark ride segment at the beginning.

10. Maximus Blitz Bahn.
Ok, but of a cheeky one this cos I don't really class it as a cred (even though Coaster Count does), but for sheer hilarity this is definitely worth a mention.

Honourable mentions to fallen comrades Pegasus, Bob and Robin Hood, which I actually thought was pretty decent. 😥

Last edited:

Heth

Mega Poster
I've only done Efteling, so this is a short list:

1. Baron 1898 (track of Joris is better than Baron, but Baron is a better whole experience)
2. Joris en de Draak Vuur (both Joris coasters are top 10 for me)
3. Joris en de Draak Water
4. De Vliegender Hollander
5. Bob (RIP)
6. Vogel Rok
7. Python (pre - retrack)

Leon_K

Mega Poster
I've visited the biggest Dutch parks multiple times, but not in recent years so I missed out on the newer generation of rides like Untamed, Fenix (which I will never be able to ride because I am too tall) and Baron (wanted to ride in 2019 but closed down because of a storm when I was standing right in front of it).

Goliath
Vliegende Hollander
Express
Bob
Robin Hood
Python
Pegasus
Falcon
Vogel Rok
Loopings Star (don't know where to put it, I rode it a very long time ago)

Jamesss

Hyper Poster
Visiting the big 3 parks in Holland was one of the easiest and best trips I've done in Europe. Would recommend.

1. Untamed - top 3 coaster for me
2. Lost Gravity - wasn't expecting much, but surprised by how good it was.
3. Troy
4. Baron 1898
5. Joris en de Draak
- can't remember which side was best
6. Goliath
7. Vliegende Hollander
8. Fenix
9. Xpress Platform 13
10. Maximus Blitz Bahn
- if it counts - if not, go for Vogel Rok instead

Edward M

Strata Poster
Only been to Walibi Holland sadly.

1. Untamed
  2. Goliath
  3. Lost Gravity
  4. El Condor
  5. Xpress: Platform 13
  6. Speed of Sound
  7. Drako

Ries

Mega Poster
I live in the Netherlands, haven’t even done all the coasters here. But I can make a top 10.
  1. De Vliegende Hollander: (I’ve worked on this coaster, it is getting a special spot. And I like the total picture).
  2. Vogel Rok: (Same. Just fun with that soundtrack).
  3. Xpress: Platform 13: (love launched coasters).
  4. Fēnix: (This is a really good wing coaster).
  5. Booster Bike: (If it launches, it goes on the list).
  6. Baron 1898: (People seem to dislike Baron. But is has really good theming, great soundtrack and re-rideable. It’s fun).
  7. Dwervelwind: (It was intenser than I expected, my first spinner).
  8. Goliath: (Nice Intamin. I don't like the park it is in. I would love to ride this more).
  9. Joris en de Draak: (I like the twisty bits, don’t prefer a side and park preference this over Troy).
  10. Gold Rush: (launch :D. It is not the best coaster but had fun being on this one).

Gazza

Giga Poster
1. Baron 1898, Efteling - Masterpiece themed attraction and my favourite Dive machine.
2. Goliath, Walibi Holland - Perfectly competent Intamin mega coaster
3. Joris en de Draak, Efteling - OMG so much fun and I loved the dropping banners at the end
4. Lost Gravity, Walibi Holland - Wild, and again great fun
5. Vliegende Hollander, Efteling - Great thematically, ok coaster, im not sure how much the theming should play in but the fog room is awesome
6. Troy, Toverland - Solid GCI
7. Xpress Platform 3, Walibi Holland- Cool queue line, and yeah not a bad ride at all.
8. Dwevelwind, Toverland - Delightful theming, and a fun layout.
9. Formule X - Funky little ride that is to the point
10. Booster Bike - Its OK

Matt N

CF Legend
If anyone else would like to post a list, we're over halfway through August, so you have 13 days remaining!

Serena

Miss CoasterForce 2016
Staff member
Social Media Team
So many great coasters in The Netherlands. I'm going to go with:

1. Untamed. Yes, it has loads of airtime. But for me it's all about that 270° Double Invert Stall. Lovely stuff!

2. Joris en de Draak. That double down in the back row. Wow. Such a fun, snappy woodie and the station sound fx cheering / booing the winning / losing teams is a fab touch.

3. Troy. My halloween night ride on this with all the fire and red lighting was unbelievable.

4. De Vliegende Hollander. One of the most magical rides ever created.

5. Fenix. Beautiful and forceful.

6. Baron 1898. The pre-lift hill bit gives me goosebumps everytime. Great storytelling in ride form.

7. Goldrush. Backwards launch, airtime on the spike and a fab compact layout.

8. Lost Gravity. Just so weird and wonderful. Punchy airtime hill and brilliant final inversion.

9. Dwervelwind. I may have cried on this ride once at night with that stunning soundtrack playing as I span beneath the stars. The on board audio elevates this ride so much.

10. Maximus Blitzbahn. Flying past the chickens always makes me smile :) this ride is so much fun!