What's new

CoasterCrazy's K'nex coaster competition!

Status
Not open for further replies.

CoasterCrazy

Giga Poster
Ok, this is my first competition..so please bear with me if it isn't amazing.... :wink:

Calling all K'nex coaster builders!

There seems to be a large amount of CFers that have built K'nex coasters at home, and since there's rct3 competitions...then why not K'nex competitions??

The task: As this is the first K'nex competition, you can build any coaster you desire (it has to work though!), which means it can be...

-Inverted
-Shuttle
-As crazy as possible.

There are three different types of K'nex rollercoasters, and there are categories for all three...

1.) Original

001218-002.jpg

2.)Original with cross - ties

FJSAEE4FH6EBWJU.MEDIUM.jpg

3.) Micro

knex-roller-coaster-ride-webcam-4-580x386.jpg

Judging

Your coaster creations will be judged by...

-Structural strength (10 marks)
-Regularity of elements (10 marks)
-Aesthetics (how it looks) (10 marks)
-Layout/design (10 marks)
-Theming (mostly the station) and story (5 marks)

...and a guest judge! Who would like to help me judge???? (You can enter but it won't count)

Good luck! :--D Closing date is the 20th of March (which gives you plenty of time to build and perhaps buy parts and pieces)

If you have any questions then please PM (private message) me, or post them on this forum...

Please enter... :p

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
[Topic moved to Coaster Games, didn't really fit in General Discussions]

I won't enter, and I know very little about Knex coasters (only ever had one set myself), but I'll help you judge if you like! :D

CoasterCrazy

Giga Poster
No wonder I couldn't find it again...

Yeah, sure you can be a judge! :--D Thanks Hixee!

Slight change of mind...to make the competition fairer, I'll have 2 judges...so one place is still up for grabs!

Venom2053

Hyper Poster
I've built a couple when I was younger out of cross ties, but I don't have any of my pieces with me (there back in my moms basement). I would love to help you judge though.

CoasterCrazy

Giga Poster
^Ok, sure you can be a judge! Thanks! :--D

So, unfortuently, all judging places have been taken...but of course you can enter too!

Judges

-Hixee
-Venom2053

If you want to enter, then please say so in the forum and remember...you can enter as many times as you desire with any coaster, whatever shape, size or type. If you've built a K'nex coaster before this competition started then you can enter that too!

Entry rules

To enter you need

-Pictures and/or a video with offride footage(a POV would be nice)
-A peice of introductory writing, summarising your creation
-Basic facts about your coaster

Don't be afraid to enter...

If you need parts then I reccomend this website
http://www.knexusergroup.org.uk/acatalo ... group.html

Have fun building! :--D

CoasterCrazy

Giga Poster
Oh dear. Well, we've got three judges...but no entrants after a little over a month of waiting. Please enter or I will have to go spamming up the Knex coaster forum! :--D

Is advertising on my signature not enough???

CoasterCrazy

Giga Poster
^Thanks for your enthusiasm (thanks for replying!) UC. Perhaps (from my knowledge of the Knex coasters forum) I thought that more people actually had this stuff.

Shame, but I don't plan on giving the entrants money either, however you can pick them up (especially the older sets) dirt cheap from carboot sales and sometimes ebay, given the time.

I probably will end up giving entrants about a year or more, as lets face it, I have virtually no entrants at the moment!

Don't worry if you can't enter!

CoasterCrazy

Giga Poster
^Could he enter then??

UC, perhaps you're right...but I'll still do this forum as I don't want to crush my hopes just yet...
But, there are some CF'ers who aren't quite the stereotype that you described, who have a bit of K'nex (as shown on the K'nex forum).

I take it you're not entering then!

CoasterCrazy

Giga Poster
^Talk about the devils advocate...

Oh dear. This isn't looking great is it? Please enter!

REMEMBER:You can enter with coasters you've made before!

Perhaps I'll get more success with rct3...

CoasterCrazy

Giga Poster
Oh dear (again). Perhaps UC is right (as always) about the target market.

The closing date was yesterday! Somebody lock this topic to stop my embarrasment!

Status
Not open for further replies.