What's new

Coaster Design Archive BETA - I Need your help!!

Crazycoaster

Giga Poster
This should probably go into advertisements, but its mainly to do with No Limits so I thought this would be the best place to put it..

Ever since the disappearance of both Coastersims and NLDC I have been working on a website that combines the best features of both these websites into one, along with some extra features!

The site is designed to be a development centre and archive for your coasters, both finished and unfinished, with the ability to upload screenshots and show your progess. It also includes a rating system much like the ones other sites use, but a bit more sophisticated.

My good friends have been working ever so hard on it, and have done an AMAZING job at coding the site, which is now online and ready for its BETA test, which is where you come in :D

It would mean alot to me if you could all sign up and take the site through a test run it would help me out so much, spread the word around and hopefully it'll create a brand new community of people dedicated to No Limits :)

Give it a try, sign up, upload coasters (new or old!) and hopefully in a few weeks it'll really start to pick up!

http://www.coasterdesignarchive.com

I would like to warn you though, its still a beta so there are many functions still not implimented (such as a 'live feed' of your favourite coasters/profiles), and you may find ALOT of bugs to work out, please if you do find anything, report it! :) Thankyou

Error

Strata Poster
Joined, looking forward to checking it out!

Also, I'm going to show my cousin for advice. He's on the top 100 web designers in the US, should he should help.

Crazycoaster

Giga Poster
^ Yeah that would be amazing! The whole site was coded by my friend who really wants to get into web design as a career, any advice would probably really help him! :)

Brookes

Giga Poster
Just joined and uploaded a coaster, it's great! Love the idea of splitting rides with and without 3Ds.

Ollie

CF Legend
I joined but you might want to make it easier to upload a coaster. Was hunting around for ages for the link. :p

Crazycoaster

Giga Poster
Is it? Did you find the one on the coasters page? Like at the top. I might see if we can get an upload button somewhere on the homepage. Thankyou for your feedback :D

I'm also gunna try to create a 'quick start site tour' to help people out and to explain some of the features of the site in better detail.

Eventually we're looking to implement a facebook style 'live feed', which will update on all the profiles and/or coasters that you've 'favourited' every time the user uploads new screenshots, finishes their ride etc.

Also one note, if anybody's concerned about the strange rating anomalies at the minute, the site uses a much more complex algorithm to the other No Limits sites instead of just the basic average based formula. Due to the small amount of rates at the minute the system is wobbling about a bit, but once more people are on and rating coasters it'll sort itself out. If anyones interested in how it works Danny (who did the whole thing) has written an article about it here:

Ratings Tutorial

Big thankyou all once again for your help with this! :D

A

Anonymous

^ To edit and upload coasters, just click on the "Account Settings" in the top right corner, and it will take you to your coaster list...

Ollie

CF Legend
I'm trying to upload my Saw Rec but it's getting to 100% and coming up with a HTTP Error.
How do I get around this and get it to upload?

Crazycoaster

Giga Poster
^ The upload limit has been extended to 32MB, so your ride SHOULD be able to be uploaded now. :p

The site will go down tomorrow morning for a HUGE update :D I'll keep you posted on whats happening.

Ollie

CF Legend
It might be because you have to have a balance of downloads and feedback. If it wont let you download anything then I'm not sure what's wrong.