What's new

Cinecitta World, Italy | Unknown | Intamin freefall

Nic

Strata Poster
Brand new park, Cinecittá World, just outside Rome are building an enclosed Intamin freefall coaster, similar to Th13teen at Alton Towers.

The layout:

6-2.jpg

(borrowed from cwfans.it)

The park is scheduled for a 2013 opening

owentaylor121

Giga Poster
This looks really cool, but I think Th13teen will be the better coaster out of the two. This just seems very short.

marc

CF Legend
The 1st drop on this is going to be just like the one in Denmark by looks of it. Already better than 13 :)

Nic

Strata Poster
Isn't the one in Denmark a Zierer though? As is Verbolten. Pretty certain this one is going to be an Intamin.

marc

CF Legend
Sorry I mean the one at Bakken I should have said. It's the mine train style but tbh their the same just 13 and this have the free fall.

The 1st drop on that took us all by shock and this looks the same.

peep

CF Legend
What intrigues me about this coaster is that the entire thing is enclosed. This could be a very interesting factor, lets hope it's more Space Mountain than Cagliostro (sp? at Rainbow Magicland).

marc

CF Legend
Lofty said:
Cue the 'What Thirteen could have been' posts… :lol:

Just means they have learnt from a mistake and they won't have to trim this drop. In fairness though Alton may not have had the space for that sort of drop.

MouseAT

Hyper Poster
marc said:
Just means they have learnt from a mistake and they won't have to trim this drop. In fairness though Alton may not have had the space for that sort of drop.
I think Th13teen got trimmed because it was going too quickly through the elements that followed the drop, not because of an issue with the drop itself. Lets hope that the same mistake isn't made again.

Lofty said:
Cue the 'What Thirteen could have been' posts… :lol:
More like what Th13teen should have been. Mine Train Ulven was an awesome family coaster. Th13teen wasn't even in the same ballpark, which is why those of us who'd been to Bakken were so disappointed. I was never expecting Nemesis level intensity, but I was expecting a good, solid Intamin family coaster. Th13teen failed at that.

Nemesis of oblivion

Strata Poster
I think Th13teen got trimmed because it was going too quickly through the elements that followed the drop, not because of an issue with the drop itself. Lets hope that the same mistake isn't made again.

I think another issue was it was entering the second lift into the crypt too fast which effected the sensors and caused the ride too shut down.

Lofty

CF Legend
Looks pretty fun actually. It resembles Intamin's "Maceraperest" attraction at Vialand but with the added drop section. It's nice.

coasterdude_1

Mega Poster
It looks OK but is essentially a compacted Thirteen, no? I always think its a shame that these things just dump all their gravitational potential energy from the vertical drop. Really want to see one of these with a large drop and then straight into a proper launch with a quality bit of layout either side...

TheCoasterCruiser

Giga Poster
coasterdude_1 said:
It looks OK but is essentially a compacted Thirteen, no? I always think its a shame that these things just dump all their gravitational potential energy from the vertical drop. Really want to see one of these with a large drop and then straight into a proper launch with a quality bit of layout either side...

You do realize that this is a family coaster right?

Personally I think it could not have been done better with the space.

peep

CF Legend
I'm not 100% on the source but there's a photo of the track indoors. I just hope they add loads of effects and that and not just have a cred in a shed.

1503935_775590355791315_1492964037_n.jpg