What's new

Cinecitta World, Italy | Altair | Intamin 10 inversions

_koppen

Hyper Poster
Re: Cinecitta World, Italy | Unknown | Intamin 10 inversions

Proper rendering:

intamin_10looperfdpsl.jpg

Rickwally said:
As far as I know there will be also another family coaster but there's currently no information about it.

There will also be a custom Mack Supersplash with two big drops and elevator lifts.

gavin

Staff member
Social Media Team

So that's three of these things getting built for next year? This one, Brazil and China?

Quite a surprise really considering the seven-year gap between these and the last one. Typical; you wait 7 years for a ten-inversion coaster, then three come along at once!

Nic

Strata Poster

Yep, it seems that now they've overhauled the model (cable lift, new trains etc) that they're having a bit of a run on them. It'll be interesting to see how successful these are, and if any more start popping up. I'd be interested to know how much these are going for too. None of the three parks strike me as having enormous budgets, although clearly none of them are scraping coppers from down the back of the sofa either. They must be pretty good value for what is essentially still a world class thrill coaster.

peep

CF Legend

So is it only me that thinks that the first drop looks really different to the one on Colossus?

Rickwally, are you the one running the fansite full of images etc? If so, good job!

Rickwally

Roller Poster

peep said:
Rickwally, are you the one running the fansite full of images etc? If so, good job!

Yes, thak you ^^

bmac

Giga Poster

peep said:

So is it only me that thinks that the first drop looks really different to the one on Colossus?

It is very different, probably apart of their overhauled design that was mentioned earlier in this thread. Other than that the layout is pretty much identical.

Martyn B

CF Legend

As far as I know there will be also another family coaster but there's currently no information about it.

Going by the plans in the main park thread, it's going to be a Big Apple coaster.

Anyway, I think the layout of these coasters look stupid on flat land. Colossus actually looks really good with how they adjusted all the path ways etc.

ATTACKHAMMER

Strata Poster

This looks awesome! Will be interesting to see if it will be any smoother than Colossus.

Colossus

Giga Poster

^ I should imagine it will be yes, brand new trains will ensure that.

CoasterCrazy

Giga Poster

ATTACKHAMMER said:
This looks awesome! Will be interesting to see if it will be any smoother than Colossus.

But in just how long will it degrade? Nemesis is almost 20 years old now, yet still doesn't hurt significantly, whilst Colossus's smoothness (or rather lack of it) renders the ride quite unpleasant and puts me off riding the coaster consecutively.

Colossus

Giga Poster

^ Not me, I have done it like 15 times back to back before, but hey, I like it rough ;)

Nemesis cant really be compared to Colossus really with regards to roughness as they both offer two completely different style of roughness.
Nemesis is more of an intense roughness, where Colossus is more of a painful roughness.
See Colossus could be compared to Saw or roughness, and although I don`t really notice the roughness of Colossus as much as it`s my #1, I do on Saw, for it took 2 years for the ride to go from smooth to really uncomfortable.
But again as Colossus is my #1, roughness isn't really an issue for me so I have no idea how fast it will degrade?

ATTACKHAMMER

Strata Poster

CoasterCrazy said:
ATTACKHAMMER said:

But in just how long will it degrade? Nemesis is almost 20 years old now, yet still doesn't hurt significantly, whilst Colossus's smoothness (or rather lack of it) renders the ride quite unpleasant and puts me off riding the coaster consecutively.

Can't compare Nemesis and Colossus :?
I like it rough :) and we don't know whether it will become rough or not, from history it could be argued it will but we won't know for a few years. :--D

_koppen

Hyper Poster

New Intamin's with the last generation trains and wide track don't have a problem with roughness. Some of them might rattle a bit, but they are never rough, so I wouldn't worry this one would be.

TheCoasterCruiser

Giga Poster

^ And has been for a week or so now, don't know why the pictures hasn't been posted yet. Supports has also arrived.

142686d1353874258-neu-2012-13-cinecitta-world-mg_7370.jpg

142660d1353874137-neu-2012-13-cinecitta-world-mg_7310.jpg

142667d1353874166-neu-2012-13-cinecitta-world-mg_7324.jpg

142682d1353874237-neu-2012-13-cinecitta-world-mg_7366.jpg

ciallkennett

Strata Poster

Although I don't expect to get to Italy any time soon, I'll be following this topic closely out of curiosity.

Those pictures remind me just how much I love seeing the site of fresh track waiting to be erected! Mmm - lovely! The colours are gorgeous.

Martyn B

CF Legend

Track has been on site for ages now, and pics were posted on page 1, when the thread was first started...

TilenB

Strata Poster

So Rome for next year? A trip that would include parks like Rainbow Magicland, Cinecitta World and Zoomarine plus the ancient ruins sounds just fabulous :)