What's new

Cinecitta World, Italy | Altair | Intamin 10 inversions

peep

CF Legend
This new park is getting several coasters and I'm trying to work my way through years of info and pics to make sense of it all. The park (incl.) the coasters, open next year and construction is well under way.

The main rollercoaster is an Intamin looper, with a very similar layout to Colossus. It's meant to have 10 inversions but the more I read about it the more different it sounds. It's definitely getting a different style train (prays for something comfortable) and the track, well, pics speak for themselves....

http://www.cwfans.it/photo/photo.php?id=461#461

Intricks

Strata Poster
Re: Cinecitta World, Italy | Unknown | Intamin

The image of the layout is this:

Looks to be a clone

Edit: And from what Italian I COULD translate, it even states that it is identical to Thorpe Park, plus it will have a free fall tower located near-ish to it?

Il layout dovrebbe essere quasi identico a quello di Colossus di Thorpe Park in Inghilterra, l'immagine qui sopra è solo per dare un'idea. E' stata montata la base della free fall tower (Anch'essa Intamin), sono avanzati i lavori sulla tematizzazione del vialetto dietro i due studi principali e continuano quelli di sistemazione del terreno su tutta l'area interessata.

Edit 2: Nope, family free fall coaster!

Layout:

6-2.jpg

Martyn B

CF Legend

^ Good find!

The enclosed coaster looks funky, but the drop is a bit small.

Intricks

Strata Poster

Also, the only difference between Collosus and this is the track is slightly wider and it uses a cable lift now, so it is slightly taller and faster as well.

I guess that means the trains will be slightly wider as well?

Intricks

Strata Poster
Re: Cinecitta World, Italy | Unknown | Intamin 10 inversions

From the IAAPA coverage it just stated the track is wider and now uses a cable lift system which somehow made it gain some extra height (is there a height requirement for a cable lift?). I think it was said to be around 40-45 meters high now cause of the lift.

I'll refind the post and post it here (with the awful google translation).

Martyn B

CF Legend

First drop looks the same to me.

The only difference I can see is in between the corkscrew and the first inline; Colossus has a 'double-up' bend as such, where as this just has one large inclining turn.

Nic

Strata Poster

Anyway, regardless of layout, I was intrigued by the track.

Firstly, there's these tri-track bits with massive girders attached

462.jpg

and some bits without

463.jpg

and some twin tube track as well

466.jpg

(photos nicked from http://www.cwfans.it)

Is that normal?

Edit: Ignore me. Colossus clearly includes the two track types. Still not found the girder things yet though... more pics!

Martyn B

CF Legend

The girder things are most likely to do with the (lack of) supports for the lift hill? (aka Skyrush...?)

You can see the trough for the cable catch car on each piece with a girder attached.

Nic

Strata Poster

Sounds like a reasonable explanation

Temleh

Mega Poster

You can also see a cablewheel in the last photo. :)

Crazycoaster

Giga Poster

The only other time this girder style track has been used was on Goliath at Walibi, for its cable lift hill.

It's strange, because the rendering shows an exact clone of Colossus (when its supports come to mind).

andrus

Giga Poster

I was always under the impression this was supposed to be a 10 inversion coaster? And since that concept art is flawed anyway, since it doesn't include the I-beam track there's no reason to believe that it wont be a 10 inversion coaster? Looking at the top lift hill piece it looks like the new coaster will feature a straight drop as well, which Colossus doesn't.

Martyn B

CF Legend

Looking at the top lift hill piece it looks like the new coaster will feature a straight drop as well

That would probably be for the pre-drop.

Montario

Roller Poster

^Yes, Colossus has a little pre drop before turning at the top of the lift hill. If this is an exact clone of Colossus, I will be interested to see how many alterations (i.e. Cable lift, cars) have been made since 2002.

Rickwally

Roller Poster

Hi everyone, just to clarify: The main coaster is the new version of the 10 inversions Intamin coaster. It has a cable lift, the drop starts right after the lift, it is 33 meters height and 875 meters long.

The "Family Drop Coaster" will be located in one of the two main studios (2) and will be 20 meters height.
As far as I know there will be also another family coaster but there's currently no information about it.

The layout posted in the previous page was just for reference, I posted the official one in the last news.
P.S. I started to post an english version of the news on my website, hope my english is better than google translate's one :)

marc

CF Legend

There are 3 topics on this park now.

BBH

Giga Poster

I was able to translate it.

The layout should be almost identical to that of Colossus at Thorpe Park in England, the picture above is just to give an idea. (It will be?) mounted the base of the free fall tower (Also Intamin). Work has progressed on the theming of the driveway behind the two main studies and continue those with land on the entire area.

BBH

Giga Poster

Rickwally said:
BBH said:
I was able to translate it.

Just click on the little flag on the left upper side :wink:
:facepalm:

There goes my pride in my heritage. :lol: