What's new

Chessington World Of Adventures | Croc Drop | Zamperla Sky (Drop) Tower

According to the forum and further social media, Chessington have submitted a planning application for a new, what looks to be a Zamperla Sky Tower, around 25m, to replace Rameses Revenge and cause the relocation of Flying Jumbos. The rumour is Rameses and Jumbos will close/relocate at the end of this closed season and work will begin in 2020 for an apparent 2021 opening.

IMG_20190904_142511.jpgIMG_20190904_142454.jpg

I'm pleased that they are getting a new ride as Rameses Revenge has been on it's last legs for a little while now!
Yh. With the mention of theming, smoke effects, etc. I wanna see an SBF Visa drop tower, like Magma. Not denying Zamperla can theme their Sky Tower rides, but look at Magma and what that's started with Paultons Park and theming their rides throughout the years after Magma opened in 2012. They look similar too in the plans.

Joelpagett

Mega Poster
Yh. With the mention of theming, smoke effects, etc. I wanna see an SBF Visa drop tower, like Magma. Not denying Zamperla can theme their Sky Tower rides, but look at Magma and what that's started with Paultons Park and theming their rides throughout the years after Magma opened in 2012. They look similar too in the plans.

I think that they will do a good job on the theming side of things. The hardware won't be exorbitant, as it is a fairly cheap, standard model, but if they can theme it well, they will be on to a winner in my opinion. Yes, virtually every park has a drop tower, but at least it's something a little more thrilling than the likes of those 2 small junior drop towers they currently have. It's just a shame we won't supposedly see it until 2021.

I have seen people saying on Twitter (just heresay potentially!) that they will be moving Jumbos next to Tiny Truckers in Adventure Point, and then bringing in the old Crocodile Creek log flume which has been sat in storage from Sealife Weymouth. That does make a bit of sense, as it is a small child friendly log flume which would be great for kids, and with the crocodile theme for the drop tower, could tie in well. When I went on the log flume at Sealife Weymouth, it had a small footprint, so it would certainly fit the space I imagine.

I think that they will do a good job on the theming side of things. The hardware won't be exorbitant, as it is a fairly cheap, standard model, but if they can theme it well, they will be on to a winner in my opinion. Yes, virtually every park has a drop tower, but at least it's something a little more thrilling than the likes of those 2 small junior drop towers they currently have. It's just a shame we won't supposedly see it until 2021.

I have seen people saying on Twitter (just heresay potentially!) that they will be moving Jumbos next to Tiny Truckers in Adventure Point, and then bringing in the old Crocodile Creek log flume which has been sat in storage from Sealife Weymouth. That does make a bit of sense, as it is a small child friendly log flume which would be great for kids, and with the crocodile theme for the drop tower, could tie in well. When I went on the log flume at Sealife Weymouth, it had a small footprint, so it would certainly fit the space I imagine.
Log Flume? Interesting... They've got Tiger Rock though. Would that all go on the Rameses Revenge site and surrounding area? Like a Crock Creek mini-site inside Forbidden Kingdom?

Joelpagett

Mega Poster
Log Flume? Interesting... They've got Tiger Rock though. Would that all go on the Rameses Revenge site and surrounding area? Like a Crock Creek mini-site inside Forbidden Kingdom?

This is why I shouldn't read Twitter! I have looked further into the plans and it looks like they are just using the space as part of the queue, and wanting to grass it over by the looks of it. People are going a bit bonkers with all sorts of rumours ?:rolleyes:

This is why I shouldn't read Twitter! I have looked further into the plans and it looks like they are just using the space as part of the queue, and wanting to grass it over by the looks of it. People are going a bit bonkers with all sorts of rumours ?:rolleyes:
?? Don't worry aha ? There is a bizarre rumour on FB (should say theory) that Detonator could relocate. It looks similar but not drawing to any conclusions. If it is Detonator relocated, then Thorpe Park 'NEEDS' to invest in a permanent ride next year

Nicky Borrill

Strata Poster
?? Don't worry aha ? There is a bizarre rumour on FB (should say theory) that Detonator could relocate. It looks similar but not drawing to any conclusions. If it is Detonator relocated, then Thorpe Park 'NEEDS' to invest in a permanent ride next year
Well that’s plausible...

Apart from the fact Detonator is 35M high and this is 25M high at it’s longest measurement ???

Joelpagett

Mega Poster

I am 99.99% sure they are not relocating Detonator. It's 100ft, and this new one at Chessington is around 82ft, and it also has 16 seats, where I believe Detonator only has 12. I'll eat my hat if they're right!

I am 99.99% sure they are not relocating Detonator. It's 100ft, and this new one at Chessington is around 82ft, and it also has 16 seats, where I believe Detonator only has 12. I'll eat my hat if they're right!
Well that’s plausible...
Apart from the fact Detonator is 35M high and this is 25M high at it’s longest measurement ???
Trust me, I didn't believe it either aha

spicy

Giga Poster
There’s as much chance of this being Detonator than Rameses being relocated to Ripsaws empty spot in AT and being advertised as a new ride.. Actually shouldn’t give Merlin ideas..

Another pretty meh investment for a park which is screaming out for something substantial.. At least CWoA is getting something new in 2 years I guess...

There’s as much chance of this being Detonator than Rameses being relocated to Ripsaws empty spot in AT and being advertised as a new ride.. Actually shouldn’t give Merlin ideas..

Another pretty meh investment for a park which is screaming out for something substantial.. At least CWoA is getting something new in 2 years I guess...
Yh aha there was actually rumoured talk on FB that Rameses could be heading to Towers to improve their lineup of flat rides lol but yh at least unlike Thorpe Park, its a permanent ride. Also, its a drop tower, its a ride I have always wanted Chessington to add! But Thorpe need to look at leaking some plans now for 2021 aha If we were to see a new coaster at Thorpe, it would have plans from around 2020 and open in 2022. Chessington won't have a coaster till 2023 (at least) now with these drop tower plans

Furiustobaco

Mega Poster
I'm pretty happy about this, i think its about time that area gets something.
I honestly see a coaster coming to Chessington before Thorpe tbh, i think Thorpe right now is probably the least profitable park in the Merlin chain (at least in the UK) and their recent investments scream that Merlin don't wanna add anything good.. Chessington i think has the issue of its location and space but the park certainly has a clear market now and it has a bright future. Thorpe on the other hand i don't see receiving a coaster for a good 3-5 years if not longer..

Nicky Borrill

Strata Poster
Yh aha there was actually rumoured talk on FB that Rameses could be heading to Towers to improve their lineup of flat rides lol but yh at least unlike Thorpe Park, its a permanent ride. Also, its a drop tower, its a ride I have always wanted Chessington to add! But Thorpe need to look at leaking some plans now for 2021 aha If we were to see a new coaster at Thorpe, it would have plans from around 2020 and open in 2022. Chessington won't have a coaster till 2023 (at least) now with these drop tower plans
I think it’s probably wise to stay off facebook ???

peep

CF Legend
I'll miss Rameses, barely rode it but it was such an excellent attraction for spectactors. A drop tower is a good addition. The theming looks a bit odd, maybe it'll look better in person once completed but I'm skeptical. Also looks like the raised queueline that snakes around the rooftops of the buildings will no longer be used which is a shame (unless I'm somehow reading the queue plans incorrectly).

Weird they're moving the jumbos ride but it was rather hidden in that location so not too surprised.

Matt N

CF Legend
I'll miss Rameses, barely rode it but it was such an excellent attraction for spectactors. A drop tower is a good addition. The theming looks a bit odd, maybe it'll look better in person once completed but I'm skeptical. Also looks like the raised queueline that snakes around the rooftops of the buildings will no longer be used which is a shame (unless I'm somehow reading the queue plans incorrectly).

Weird they're moving the jumbos ride but it was rather hidden in that location so not too surprised.
With regards to the part in bold, I didn't think Rameses had had an elevated queue line for years, as Merlin had declared it unsafe following the Tomb Blaster queue incident in 2012?

Should be a good addition to the park, and I controversially think it could work better for them than Rameses did. I always thought Rameses seemed a bit out of place in modern day Chessington...