What's new

Chessington World of Adventures planning indoor waterpark - public consultation on Wednesday 16th November

Changa

Mega Poster
I'm so happy they're planning a center parcs esque rapids section. They're always so much fun to marathon and muck about in and its such a shame they're not more common.

The whole complex looks absolutely lovely in my opinion, I'd definitely stay over with this as an evening activity.

CineramaMax

Mega Poster
Unfortunately you know they’re gunna run it like Splash Landings, and close it in the evenings stupidly.
From what I read in the plans, they hope to run it til 20:00 in the evenings.

I think it looks ace. There's potential for very immersive theming like the 'cavern' themed entrance.

They've clearly listened to feedback as well with the addition of bigger slides. Once this is open we can definitely take them more seriously as a multi-day destination.

Chris Brown

Mr CoasterForce 2016
Had a more detailed read through the planning app and thought this section on nearby competitors and need for investment was interesting, with regards to both Paultons and The London Resort.

1689086348033.png

emoo

Hyper Poster
Indeed but it may not hold the same weight to anyone involved in approval who only sees Paultons as using a cartoon pig. Better also lean on a top dolla money pit that sounds better than the depressing reality.

Niles

Giga Poster
Sorry for the bump but I was wondering if anything had happened with this project. Looking into documents the last one posted was back in October last year being the committee report. While there were some positive comments about the development it seems locals have quite a few concerns.

Currently the recommendation is a no unless they can change/fix the issues with the proposal.

2.PNG

For a breakdown see below.

1.PNG

To be fair one of the main issues from the locals is traffic on the A243 and it is bad, with this project probably making it worse. Nothing new has been added to the application since this date but I will keep an eye out. :)

Last edited: