What's new

Chessie Closed 26th August

Beans

Hyper Poster
Just had this from Annual Pass

Chessington Closed: Wednesday 26th August

Following a power failure on the afternoon of Tuesday August 25, Chessington World of Adventures and Zoo, will be closed for maintenance for one day only - Wednesday 26th August.

The Park would like to apologise unreservedly to Merlin Annual Passholders who were planning a visit on this day. We'll be re-opening on Thursday 27th August, and hope to see you then.

Apologies again,
The Merlin Annual Pass Team

Ollie

CF Legend
Yes I've just been informed. We were going to go tomorrow (today now actually (past midnight)).

It sucks as we booked tickets online this morning for it and now it's saying this.
Will we be able to change the tickets we booked online for another day instead?

peep

CF Legend
^I would have thought so. I'm sure they'll understand when you arrive.

This seems rather odd, I think they should have let people know more in advance too. Also why is it I get newsletters from loads of companies but not Merlin?

ciallkennett

Strata Poster
^ You need to sign up on the AP website. I know, it's annoying, and I only found out a few days ago.

Chessie has been suffering a lot of power issues lately, so this is not a shock.

Swat

Mega Poster
How can they let more people know? It happened yesterday afternoon and now they need to keep the park shut?

Ollie

CF Legend
Yeah we ordered our tickets yesterday and then found out just before I went to bed. Good job someone told me on Facebook about it otherwise we wouldn't of found out till we drove and got there.

caffeine_demon

Strata Poster
peep said:
^I would have thought so. I'm sure they'll understand when you arrive.

This seems rather odd, I think they should have let people know more in advance too. Also why is it I get newsletters from loads of companies but not Merlin?

how does that work then? - "dear customers, we are going to have a major powercut next tuesday, so we will be closed on wednesday, sorry 'bout that...."

Martyn B

CF Legend
It must be a very serious problem to force them to have to loose a days income during such a busy period.

Ollie

CF Legend
Got the tickets sorted out. Contacted the park and they said they were valid until June next year. I wonder how many people turned up to the park today though not knowing about it.

Going tomorrow instead now where hopefully everything should be sorted out.

Nemesis Inferno

Strata Poster
I was annoyed that I turned up to work yesterday to find it was shut, bloody woke up at 6 for nowt :lol:

The power issues are in the area moreso than the actual park itself, it's taking steps to try and make sure it doesn't badly affect it anymore, dunno what tbh, but hey, as long as it works if it's needed...