What's new

cflive at thorpe park

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
The honest answer is - we don't know yet.

There'll be a topic about it created a little nearer the time - probably once we do know.

I'm going to move this to questions, just in case somebody has an answer.

A

Anonymous

On their website it says strictly advance booking only so i presume so yes

caffeine_demon

Strata Poster
Topsyturvy14 said:
On their website it says strictly advance booking only so i presume so yes

oh - I love it, there's no way to get out of paying if you have an AP then...

Went to frightnights a couple of years ago in the first week and it wasn't that packed at all!

Ian

From CoasterForce
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
In previous years they have stated this on their website, although those that turn up first thing (with annual passes or tickets) have had no problem getting in.

I hope to have a concrete answer very soon.

marc

CF Legend
If they do it like in the USA AP holders will go to a different area and then people without the extra ticket have to leave the park.

I am confussed tbh as what we dont know is if you need an extra ticket for the night stuff, or if your daily ticket is enough.

In the USA you need a special ticket for after the park shuts, but then they turn the whole park into a horror zone. If Thorpe do not do this its simply not worth the extra money they are going to charge.

Thorpes website is worded the same way as the USA parks are regarding the fright nights.

I dont have an AP so this could rule me out of GF this year as there is no way I am buying 2 tickets. But as you say we dont know yet so will hold fire :)

jokerman

Giga Poster
From what I can tell on their website, you won't need an extra ticket, you just won't be able to buy a ticket "on the door".

Ian

From CoasterForce
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Right, I've had a reply from one of the managers at the park. I don't think many people are going to like this.

It is very likely that Thorpe Park are going to make the the entire Fright Night event as pre-booked tickets only.

The idea is to control/cap the numbers in the park (and obviously to make more money, but that wasn't mentioned, my personal thought!).

In a funny sort of way, I actually think this is a good idea. Yes, that's right - I agree with it!

The last few Thorpe days at GhosterForce have been mental. We've all remarked how busy it has been so hopefully this may deter enough people (hopefully not CFers!) not to go. We may actually be able to get on more than four rides!

I do not agree to paying extra after forking out for an Annual Pass in the first place, especially when money is already tight as it is. However, if it does reduce the amount of people in the park and therefore queuing time, it's a scheme I'm happy to trial.

The extra cost will be (for Annual Pass holders): 12th - 27th October: £5. 28th October - 1st November: £7.

More information is expected on the Thorpe Park website by the end of the week. Keep your eyes open.

Discuss.

peep

CF Legend
I agree about only letting so many peeps into the park but I think £7 for an AP holder is a bit high.

A-Kid

Giga Poster
I like the idea of a cap on guests. That park can't deal with a large crowd very well at all.

Screaming Coasters

Strata Poster
It states nowhere on my annual pass that my purchase and access to the parks are subject to availability / change. Bit unfair really and to me, they have broken their half of the contract.

marc

CF Legend
Erol it does say on the leaflet that comes with the pass and on the website when applying.

I dont have a pass this year so not sure what I will do about it. Its still cheaper than what I paid in the USA, but as I said before they put a lot into the event.

I just hope Thorpe do this properly and do not make everyone leave the park and re enter, in the USA they put us in a holding area whilst they cleared out the other guests.

I am in favour of the extra charge if it means the park will not be so busy at night, that way as Ian said we might get on some rides.

But I just hope they dont limit the number to high to make as much as they can, if I have to queue anymore than an hour I would say it failed to work. Yes sounds harsh but for £7 or whatever it would be I think I am being fair.

Nemesis Inferno

Strata Poster
Hmmm...

Defo not gonna bother then this year... Not that I'm around for it this time...

Oh well, Alton's should be better than Thorpe's...

Beans

Hyper Poster
If we have to book, have we got a com=nfirmed date for the Ghosterforce event that week, looked the other day and it sai just half term, prob Monday Thorpe and Tues Chessie.

Screaming Coasters

Strata Poster
marc said:
Erol it does say on the leaflet that comes with the pass and on the website when applying.

I've just read through the Terms and Conditions and where they mention this, they word it very loosely, so really, they shouldn't do it. It goes on about corporate events, not public events.

Unfair.

nadroJ

CF Legend
Might write a little letter of complaint to see if I can get in for free, bastards thinking they can charge an extra 7 quid on top of my annual pass payment! Grrrrrr....

marc

CF Legend
It did used to say special events, just looking again now.

Found it.

7. An Annual Pass is not valid for any Merlin Entertainments Group concerts or themed special events held at any Attraction. An additional charge will apply for these events.

There you go, they will call these nights themed events so they are in their rights to charge extra.

MouseAT

Hyper Poster
If this helps keep numbers down to manageable levels then this could be worthwhile. However, knowing Thorpe, they'll widely advertise this, sell enough tickets to max out the park's capacity, and we'll be right back at square one with a packed park and break downs.

I may just end up hitting Thorpe between now and Ghosterforce and then pass up the live this year. The travel and accommodation costs are just too high to make it worth while when Thorpe is that busy (and plagued by breakdowns). We'll see as the time approaches.