What's new

CF Speed Build Competition | Round 4 | Type Vote (Please Vote)

Which type should we build?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Nicky Borrill

Strata Poster
round4.jpg

So, we move onto round 4.

I've deliberately delayed the start of this round, as I am away from the 24th, so it's best that any of the 'important days' (i.e end of building / compilation of voting thread!) do not fall into this week, as I won't be able to do anything whilst riding Zadra or enjoying the hospitality of Poland in the evening!!! As it stands, it should hopefully work out perfectly in that the type vote ends on the 17th, then building ends on the 1st, then voting and so on.

Also, I've added the RMC as a type in this vote, as I think I'm going to shorten it to 5 rounds this season. As things open up, and summer is upon us, I don't know about anyone else, but I'm finding myself with less and less spare time. This is a perfect 'off season' game, not so perfect when you start spending much more spare time in theme parks. However, I will 100% start a new season off in Oct/ Nov this year, to give us a longer run at it. Is everybody ok with this? I 'can' complete the 6 rounds if people would rather, but I'm not sure if I'll personally have time to create an entry for each round. (Of course it doesn't help that my pub gets much busier from March either.)

Let me know what you think please?

Anyway... here goes...

The Nominations Are:

RMC Hybrid Coaster
(Constraints: None)

Maurer Spinning Coaster (Constraints: Max Area: 30M x 40M, Min Cars: 4)

Gerst Infinity Coaster (Constraints: Propulsion: Lift Hill, Max Height: 175ft, Min Height: 120ft, Min Length: 4000ft, Compulsory Element/s: Interlocking corkscrews)

Please pick which you think we should build using the attached poll.

Notes:

ANY GAME CAN BE USED TO BUILD THE LAYOUT!!!

Voting ends midnight (GMT) Sunday evening (17th April.) Contestants will then have until midnight (GMT) on Sunday 1st May to build and submit their entry. You, the members, will be asked to vote on your favourites.

Each type has it's own set of constraints that must be abided by. If a constraint isn't mentioned for a particular type, then the contestant has creative freedom. For example, where no propulsion type is mentioned, a contestant may use a lift hill or a launch. Except in the case of material, where it is either defined by the type itself, or a constraint.

Contestants will be judged purely on the layout. light theming, / landscaping may be added, but we will ask you to ignore this when picking a winner.

Layouts will be judged on 3 categories:

Realism: How realistic is the layout?
Originality / Creativity: Does this layout contain unique elements, is it an original idea?
Overall: Which layout would you most like to ride overall?

There will be a winner each round for each of the above judging categories. But the league table will be placed based on the Overall category, with Realism and Creativity being used to separate ties.

League Table Points will be awarded for each round as follows. Overall winner: 5 pts, 2nd place: 4 pts, 3rd place: 3 pts, 4th place: 2 pts, 5th place: 1 pt.

League season will last for 6 rounds.

HeartlineCoaster

Theme Park Superhero
Looks like a tactical vote to me, so that we can end on a high. I like it.
5 rounds sounds good to me, provided it finishes around the start of June - that's when I'll run into a few time issues of my own.

Status
Not open for further replies.