What's new

CF Speed Build Competition | Round 2 | VOTE for your winning layouts

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nicky Borrill

Strata Poster
round2.jpg

All entries are in, and it's time for you to pick your favourites from the entries listed below.

Please pick your top 5 entries, from 1st to 5th. Voting purely on the layout alone, please ignore any theming or landscaping, this was added purely so you do not have to watch multiple 'Car Park' coasters!!! It's the layout you're judging. You should base this decision on the coasters you would most like to ride.

Points will be awarded to the contestants chosen for each person that votes as follows: 1st = 5pts, 2nd = 4pts, 3rd = 3pts, 4th = 2pts and 5th = 1pt

Please also pick your choice of 'Most Realistic Layout' considering things like forces involved, likelihood of existing etc etc... As well as your pick for 'Most Original Layout' considering things like completely new elements, elements new to the coaster type, etc.

I will vote first and you can use my vote post as a template / guide.

ALL MEMBERS CAN VOTE, INCLUDING CONTESTANTS WHO MUST VOTE.

Some additional rules for contestants only:

• You MUST vote, or face a deduction of 5 points from your allotted total.
  • You cannot vote for yourself.
Once again... PLEASE IGNORE THEMING AND LANDSCAPING AND JUDGE PURELY THE LAYOUTS

You have until 9pm GMT on Sunday 27th Feb to vote

As a side note, for anyone unaware, the reason we're judging layouts and only layouts is because these coasters were designed using different software packages, and some of those packages offer a serious advantage when it comes to theming, so this is to keep a level playing field. For example, PlanCo, is a park designer, and naturally has more theming options than NL2. On this basis I also want to mention that layouts and transitions, particularly in POVs, tend to look a lot smoother in NL2 than they will in PlanCo, RCT and Parkitect.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ENTRIES

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

@Matt N

Video -

Entry Post - https://coasterforce.com/forums/thr...ompetition-round-2-entries.45382/post-1128961

-------------------------------------------------------------------

@RobCoasters

Video -

Entry Post - https://coasterforce.com/forums/thr...ompetition-round-2-entries.45382/post-1129077

@FistedColossus

Video -

Entry Post - https://coasterforce.com/forums/thr...ompetition-round-2-entries.45382/post-1129234

@Leon_K

Video -

Entry Post - https://coasterforce.com/forums/thr...ompetition-round-2-entries.45382/post-1129452

@Thecoasterrus

Video -

Entry Post - https://coasterforce.com/forums/thr...ompetition-round-2-entries.45382/post-1129458

@HeartlineCoaster

Video -

Entry Post - https://coasterforce.com/forums/thr...ompetition-round-2-entries.45382/post-1129552

@Coasterotter

Video -

Entry Post - https://coasterforce.com/forums/thr...ompetition-round-2-entries.45382/post-1129634

@Rollercoaster David

Video -

Entry Post - https://coasterforce.com/forums/thr...ompetition-round-2-entries.45382/post-1129649

@Niles

Video -

Entry Post - https://coasterforce.com/forums/thr...ompetition-round-2-entries.45382/post-1129653

@Skyye

Video -

Entry Post - https://coasterforce.com/forums/thr...ompetition-round-2-entries.45382/post-1129654

@Nicky Borrill

Video (Off Ride) -
Video (POV) -

Entry Post - https://coasterforce.com/forums/thr...ompetition-round-2-entries.45382/post-1129666

@Hixee

Video -

Entry Post - https://coasterforce.com/forums/thr...ompetition-round-2-entries.45382/post-1129693

VOTING TEMPLATE
(Please feel free to copy and paste the below voting template taken from round 1)

Overall Top 5

1st) @Kw6sTheater
2nd) @Niles
3rd) @Thecoasterrus
4th) @Hixee
5th) @HeartlineCoaster

Most Realistic Layout: @Hixee

Most Original Layout: @HeartlineCoaster

--------------------------------------------------------------------

(NOTE: This is not my vote, it's a copy and paste from the previous round so that you can use it as a template for ease, I'll post my vote when I have watched all of the entries.)

Nicky Borrill

Strata Poster
Overall Top 5

1st) @Thecoasterrus
2nd) @HeartlineCoaster
3rd) @FistedColossus
4th) @Niles
5th) @Rollercoaster David

Most Realistic Layout: @Coasterotter - This genuinely felt exactly like a mini Icon, I could imagine Mack building something exactly like this in a family park somewhere.

Most Original Layout: @RobCoasters - I'd love to see B&M use LSM launches on a hyper style layout. However, if they did that I'd like to see them really mix it up and toss in a few inversions too. Had you added a few inversions I think you'd have been closer to my top 5. As it is, definitely the most original idea for me.

Again a tough one to judge. Hixee, your first half was amazing, I hope you don't mind me saying that you would have had it for me if the second half had built on that, but it looks like you ran out of time and needed to add a second launch then get it back to station in a hurry. Matt yours was a close contender too. In fact they're all very close, I just chose based on the rides I'd rush to first if they were built.

FistedColossus

Hyper Poster
1. @Niles Fast, snappy, lots of airtime. Looks like a longer version of Storm Chaser at Hersheypark.
2. @Nicky Borrill Fast and aggressive like Maverick, with a hint of Taron.
3. @Rollercoaster David Long and smooth layout. Good variety of Inversions.
4. @Matt N Nice long ride with good airtime
5. @HeartlineCoaster Perfectly crafted, nice smooth transitions.

Most Realistic: @Coasterotter Agree with the above, would be a great fit for somewhere like Chessington.

Most Unique: @Hixee Nice spaghetti bowl layout.

Kw6sTheater

Hyper Poster
I really wanted to participate this round. I'd started on an Intamin swing-launch (a Maverick-style layout with unique inversions) - but I've been substantially busier than normal this past week, so sadly didn't have enough time to finish it.

Overall Top 5
1st) @HeartlineCoaster - I really enjoyed the mix of hangtime and faster-paced elements here. Plus, it's smooth with a varied and satisfyingly long layout.
2nd) @Hixee - Largely smooth, graceful and Gerstlauer-style wacky. The inversion after the 2nd launch is especially eye-catching to me.
3rd) @Niles - Absolutely love the layout - the unique inversions, outer banking and surprisingly aggressive 1st half feels like an inventive, fresh take on a Maverick-esque dual launch.
4th) @Thecoasterrus - Very unique and well-paced. I never expected to see an Intamin launched invert in this contest (they seem to be a very forgotten coaster type, to be honest), and on top of that distinction, yours is oozing with unique elements (a non-inverting loop on an invert?!).
5th) @Skyye - An impressively smooth layout for PlanCo. Each element flows well into the next, and the 3rd launch into a double zero-g roll (?) finale was especially unexpected.

Most Realistic Layout:
@Coasterotter - Definitely the most rooted-in-reality entry of the bunch, it reminds me of an upscaled Manta (SeaWorld San Diego).

Most Original Layout:
@Thecoasterrus - See above.

Outside of that, I was very surprised (and elated) about @RobCoasters' design platform of choice - always glad to see Parkitect getting some much-deserved attention and recognition here! I should have enough time to participate again in Round 3... incredibly excited for the Wooden Coaster prompt.

James F

Hyper Poster
Overall Top 5
1st) @Niles - I don't know how, but you've topped yourself with this one, I swear it's not bias that I'm ranking you 1st twice in a row.
2nd) @FistedColossus - I liked how you kept it to a tight footprint, and the sequencing of elements was on point.
3rd) @HeartlineCoaster - A great variety of elements, where I would imagine you would get great airtime and hangtime.
4th) @Rollercoaster David - The wildest ride of the bunch, you threw everything into this design and I loved how bat**** crazy it is.
5th) @Skyye - The way the ride was split up into 3 acts made it that much more interesting, because each section kind of felt like a different coaster.

Most Realistic Layout:
Another vote for @Coasterotter. For reasons given by other members above.

Most Original Layout:
@Skyye - for ending it with a bang!

Niles

Giga Poster
1st) @FistedColossus - A great balance of realism and a powerful layout in a compact space, there are no dead spots and everything feels well planned, great coaster.
2nd) @Thecoasterrus - I’m not a great fan of inverted coaster but I might be if this existed, this coaster has a great flow and some brilliantly designed swooping elements, really unique idea.
3rd) @Nicky Borrill - An airtime machine, this coaster has some great whip to it and some solid hang time to, the second half definitely kicks it up a gear.
4th) @Skyye - What a smooth coaster, I need lessons from you, a great realistic smaller coaster with a great pace and a wtf ending in the best way.
5th) @Rollercoaster David - brilliantly insane, there is a great verity of funky elements in this powerful layout.

Most Realistic: @Coasterotter - I can see this going to a small theme park as their new thrill/family main addition, looks like great fun.

Most Original: @HeartlineCoaster - Graceful with loads of great hang time.

Great work from everyone, interesting to see all these different concepts.

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Here's my feedback for all the coasters (in the order of Nicky's first post in this thread):

@Matt N - This was brilliant. I loved the first half, and the second half turned it all the way to 11!

@RobCoasters - This was a beast of a layout. Incredible longevity and I liked the idea of B&M trying a weird mashup hybrid launcher.

@FistedColossus - I very much liked the compact nature of this (see my entry too). It was dynamic, fast, and had three solid launches. Great!

@Leon_K - Something like Stealth MkII! This was also one of the smoothest PlanCo entries, great work there.

@Thecoasterrus - A ice-world-terrain-inverted-Intamin-multi-launcher? Wow. I think the most ambitious of the entries, that's for sure!

@HeartlineCoaster - I liked the layout and the shaping, and it was lovely and smooth, but I'll admit it did feel a little drawn out for a Gerstlauer.

@Coasterotter - Short, punchy, smooth and to the point. Nice work!

@Rollercoaster David - This was enormous! I especially liked that waterfall wave turn! And yay for the flying snake dive!

@Niles - This ride was basically just a catalogue of Intamin's best stuff. Awesome!

@Skyye - I really liked how this one flowed.

@Nicky Borrill - This was just generally great.

@Hixee - N/A

So, that's all the feedback. How about the final rankings then.
  1. @Niles
  2. @Coasterotter
  3. @Nicky Borrill
  4. @FistedColossus
  5. @Matt N

Then additionally:
Most realistic - @Leon_K
Most original - @Thecoasterrus

Great second round everyone! Enjoyed that. :)

Matt N

CF Legend
Apologies for the late vote; been a bit busy this week! Before I get on to the top 5, I just want to say; great layouts everybody! It was tough to pick a top 5, so please don’t be insulted if you’re not included; everybody made excellent submissions this round, in my opinion!

With that in mind, my personal top 5 is:
  1. @HeartlineCoaster
  2. @Niles
  3. @Hixee
  4. @Coasterotter
  5. @Nicky Borrill
Great round, everybody!

Nicky Borrill

Strata Poster
Last day to vote....

Remember, if you've entered, and haven't voted, there's a points deduction!!!! (Assuming you score points)

As a side note, I may be a little later uploading the results tomorrow. As I have a very big funeral in the pub, so have a buffet to make AM, and who knows how long it will go on for. (Who needs days off anyway?)

Coasterotter

Roller Poster
1st) @Niles - Fast paced with a mix of modern elements that keeps this coaster interesting and it has a great flow to it.
2nd) @FistedColossus - This ride is very well paced and to go with it the ride goes under and over itself so many times making this ride look surreal.
3rd) @Rollercoaster David - This coaster is crazy. I loved the flying snake dive, the massive 270 degree twisting drop, the double 0g roll and the outer-banked turn.
4th) @Hixee - A nice pre-launch section and also a really cool, long stall close to the ground along with the extreme downwards barrel roll makes this coaster feel like it'd be lot of fun.
5th) @HeartlineCoaster - I liked the hangtime filled inversions that were made high enough up that the ride's pacing is solid and it was great to see elements from other Gerstlaurer coasters used.

Most Realistic: @Leon_K - Very smooth, especially for Planet Coaster.

Most Original: @Thecoasterrus - Really unique, especially for an inverted coaster, the merging of turns and inversions along with the non-inverting loop, the 0g stall and the wave turn style element really made this ride stand out.

Also, if you want a couple ideas then here is the No limits 2 Idea Generator - https://no-limits-idea-generator.herokuapp.com/results .

Status
Not open for further replies.