What's new

CF Speed Build Competition | Round 2 | Entries

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nicky Borrill

Strata Poster
round2.jpg

Please use this thread to submit your entries before midnight (GMT) on the 20th February.

Screen grab a video containing off ride footage as well as a POV, then upload it to youtube and share it here. (Alternatively, as a last resort if your struggling to upload to youtube, send me a DM for my email address, email it to me, (using wetransfer) and I'll upload it.

I'll then update this message / thread with a poll, and further instructions for the voting members, so that a winner can be chosen.

Matt N

CF Legend
OK, so I have my entry ready! Without further ado, say hello to… Project Neptune, an Intamin Blitz Coaster:
Project-Neptune-Layout-Overview.png

Project-Neptune-Entrance.png

In terms of stats, the ride is as follows:
  • Name: Project Neptune
  • Manufacturer: Intamin
  • Model: Blitz Coaster
  • Height: 169ft
  • Speed: 73mph
  • Length: 6,142ft
  • Inversions: 4
  • Vertical Angle: 96 degrees
  • Maximum Positive G-Force: 5.3G (overall), 4.6G (heatmap)
  • Maximum Negative G-Force: -1.9G (overall), -1.8G (heatmap)
  • Trains: 4 trains with 6 cars/24 riders
  • Throughput: 1,506pph (ride duration + theoretical park time), 1,935pph (Dispatch Timer)
The ride is also loosely themed to a space expedition to a water planet. I added some theming, as well as some terraforming, but I didn’t go too overboard.

Here is the ride in Steam Workshop, if you want to take a look for yourself (although I did make a few minor edits after I uploaded to the Steam Workshop, so this isn’t quite the final version; there are 1 or 2 minor differences): https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2746645999

So, that’s Project Neptune, my Round 2 submission! I really hope you like it!

Nicky Borrill

Strata Poster
OK, so I have my entry ready! Without further ado, say hello to… Project Neptune, an Intamin Blitz Coaster:
Project-Neptune-Layout-Overview.png

Project-Neptune-Entrance.png

In terms of stats, the ride is as follows:
  • Name: Project Neptune
  • Manufacturer: Intamin
  • Model: Blitz Coaster
  • Height: 169ft
  • Speed: 73mph
  • Length: 6,142ft
  • Inversions: 4
  • Vertical Angle: 96 degrees
  • Maximum Positive G-Force: 5.3G (overall), 4.6G (heatmap)
  • Maximum Negative G-Force: -1.9G (overall), -1.8G (heatmap)
  • Trains: 4 trains with 6 cars/24 riders
  • Throughput: 1,506pph (ride duration + theoretical park time), 1,935pph (Dispatch Timer)
The ride is also loosely themed to a space expedition to a water planet. I added some theming, as well as some terraforming, but I didn’t go too overboard.

Here is the ride in Steam Workshop, if you want to take a look for yourself (although I did make a few minor edits after I uploaded to the Steam Workshop, so this isn’t quite the final version; there are 1 or 2 minor differences): https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2746645999

So, that’s Project Neptune, my Round 2 submission! I really hope you like it!
Matt, our submissions are quite similar in some ways, we both went for the sci fi themed items, and similar elements haha... Mine is more compact though...

Thinking about starting over... For the third time!

Rob Coasters

Hyper Poster
UPDATE: I replaced the original video with a "normal" one without the on-board audio and background music. Want to view the original? It's in the description.

Duration: 2:01
Name: Scarlet Surge
Manufacturer: B&M
Model: Launched Mega-Twister Coaster
Height: Highest drop is from 30m; actual highest point of the ride is unkown because Parkitect
Length: 1622m
Speed: 60mph
Inversions: 0
Screenshot_28.jpg

Last edited:

Nicky Borrill

Strata Poster
Duration: 2:01
Name: Scarlet Surge
Manufacturer: B&M
Model: Launched Mega-Twister Coaster
Height: Highest drop is from 30m; actual highest point of the ride is unkown because Parkitect
Length: 1622m
Speed: 60mph
View attachment 16155

Offride footage from ground level at the end
Nice one... That's a very nice idea, mash a hyper and a launch coaster together...

Plus... tempted to vote for you just for that final banger!!! Haven't heard it for ages, thanks.

Rob Coasters

Hyper Poster
^ Guess this means I should apply to become the dude who decides what music plays through park speakers then! Tried to capture that idea with the offride footage.

Nicky Borrill

Strata Poster
I just want to say... My coaster is already built, but needs a lot of fine tuning... I say this because it's going to look like a copy of some of these layouts!!!! Some of the elements are so similar... But Matt M can vouch for the fact I sent him this pic ages ago!!!!

I sent it him to show him how similar mine and his were and to reassure him I hadn't copied his homework... Now I feel like it's too similar to FC's too 🙈 🤣 Not restarting though!

Planet Coaster Screenshot 2022.02.10 - 00.14.14.jpg

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
I guess I should try to start building this at some point...

This week is not being kind to me... :(

Leon_K

Mega Poster
Well, here we go guys. My entry for this round of the competition. To be honest, I didn't have much time. So I didn't do any landscaping or pathing, and I focussed on building a short but realistic high-speed layout. Some of the transitions should need a little more tweaking but with the time I had I am not unsatisfied with what came out of it.

Next week I will go skiing for a week and after that I am directly moving to my new home, so I am not sure if I can make it in time to make my ranking but I will try.

Nicky Borrill

Strata Poster
Well, here we go guys. My entry for this round of the competition. To be honest, I didn't have much time. So I didn't do any landscaping or pathing, and I focussed on building a short but realistic high-speed layout. Some of the transitions should need a little more tweaking but with the time I had I am not unsatisfied with what came out of it.

Next week I will go skiing for a week and after that I am directly moving to my new home, so I am not sure if I can make it in time to make my ranking but I will try.
That is very smooth for a PlanCo build, I literally don't think you could get it any smoother. Well done!

James F

Hyper Poster
Here Is my entry. Awaken. Not the greatest, but it's the best thing I could come up with with the limited time I've had this week. Some of it's a bit rough around the edges, but the concept is there.

Name: Awaken
Model/Type: Intamin LSM Suspended Launch Coaster
Max Height: 87ft
Top Speed: 74mph
Launches: 3
Inversions: 7

Coasterotter

Roller Poster
This is Wyvern - A Mack Rides (Family) Multi Launch coaster inspired by Icon and Manta.

Stats:
Length: 2379ft
Max. Height: 79ft
Max Speed: 52mph
Max G-Force: 3.75G
Min G-Force: -0.7G

*The NoLimits2 watermark is there as I only have the Standard NL2 license. Therefore, this video is not intended to make money. Context: https://www.nolimitscoaster.com/index.php/buy-now#comparison

Niles

Giga Poster
Here is mine, Interstellar, an Intamin Blitz with two launches, loads of twists, inversions and airtime in a tight layout. It also has two unique double inverting inversions to and a beyond vertical drop.

Max height: 164ft
Max speed: 69mph
Length: 6272ft
Max g force: 4.5g
Min g force: -1.6g
Inversions: 6
Drop angle: 95 degrees

9AB90459-F874-4755-8D04-330FE0CC5BDE.jpeg
D8BBDA59-B92F-476D-AE1D-F8742D146F77.jpeg
BF0CACBD-2230-4073-97FC-B21EC92B1DB7.jpeg
B836D8C0-2AA8-4039-82FF-C9CDC8D89216.jpeg

Nicky Borrill

Strata Poster
Here's my entry

Planet Coaster Screenshot 2022.02.20 - 00.29.49.78.jpg

Gabe's Odyssey (Project 'Trains on a track')

Being thrill fanatics we set out to build an Intamin style multi launch, with high intensity and lots of air time, but in a fairly compact location. Unfortunately we accidentally called Mack instead (The Mack is the closest I could find on my PlanCo install.) But don't worry, we convinced Roland that rollercoasters are allowed to accelerate quickly and travel faster than 65mph. So he tinkered with the stators, increased the acceleration and we're all good.

The ride runs 3 trains, really well, with launches and despatches timed to perfection to create some good interaction.

The project name was 'Trains On A Track' which we wanted to keep as the final name. But marketing were not happy at all. They said "We can't market that, and besides, that name is probably already in use in Asia somewhere!" So in honour of a certain upcoming handheld gaming device (And nothing to do with an as yet unannounced sponsorship) the ride will be called 'Gabe's Odyssey.' And themed to technological advancement of the human race.

Planet Coaster Screenshot 2022.02.20 - 00.29.06.11.jpg

Some stats:

Duration: 2:10.4s
Track Length: 1846 m
Max Speed: 76 mph
Biggest: Drop 49 m
Inversions: 6 (not sure what PlanCo is smoking, it lists 10!!!)
Airtime Moments: 10

Intensity:

The ride has a couple of very high intensity moments, including a brief 5.8g moment at the end of the second launch and pulling into the top hat structure, and a more sustained moment we're calling the 'grey out dive' into the lake, where it pulls 5.3g for a more sustained second or 2.

Airtime:

By far the strongest moment of the 10 is the insane 'lake top speed hill' which pulls a sustained -2.3g, and quite literally tries to launch you into space. The bunny hop on the second launch pulls -1.2 creating an insane transition from strong ejector, to the previously mention super strong positives. The top hat is worth a mention too, from the minute you start cresting it to the point you start to pull out of the drop you're going to feel airtime ranging from 0.4g to -1.2g, creating another quick transitional moment into the positives on the pull out, albeit not quite as strong at 4g. Most of the other airtime and twisted air time hills create something between -0.2 and -0.5g.

Planet Coaster Screenshot 2022.02.20 - 00.31.06.06.jpg

Watch the video...

Off ride:

Jump to POV:

That's really all I have to say about that...

Planet Coaster Screenshot 2022.02.20 - 00.30.29.77.jpg

Last edited:

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Right, best you're going to get from me. Started this on Thursday evening, and only had about 5 hours scattered across the last few days. I debated about adding supports, but I'll have to come back for that another time as a "post-competition revision" or something. Bit disappointed really, but life has been a bit crap the last couple of weeks, so not been able to invest as much time as I would have liked.

Name: Blaster
Model: Gerstlauer Infinity Coaster
Package: No Limits 2
Height: 43m / 141ft
Length: 1683m / 5521ft
Top Speed: 115kph / 71mph
Commentary: Gerstlauer's take on a compact launching coaster. My rushed build timeframe helped in getting the Gerstlauer shaping juuuuust right. ;)

No images here. Without any supports there's no point.

Videos:
Suffering from some frame drops and lag here. Think an issue with the recording software. :(
Onride video (see chapters in video description for front row, front row with stats and back row views):

If anyone is interested in seeing the file for themselves, let me know and I will happily share. Maybe in a few weeks/months I'll go through and add supports and hopefully can share a finished version for people's interest.

:)

Status
Not open for further replies.