What's new

Cedar Fair Investing Around 140 Million In 2020

Schoup

Roller Poster
Actually, California's Great America is basically confirmed to be receiving drop slides! Follow this link for more information, if you'd like to see the evidence:

CGA Drop slide, kiddie complex, and restaurants were known 6 to 8 months ago. The permits were public and have been posted many times by yours truly on multitudes of sites.

Schoup

Roller Poster
Didn’t Zimmerman also say that big investments would be fewer and further between since only one of the four 2018 coasters had a good effect on attendance? And that they would be focusing more on events and family stuff as a result? With the one coaster that worked being at Knotts, that makes sense.

First, Railblazer was stated in previous calls as performing as expected once it opened, which was later than planned. Steel Vengeance was a great success...Tony Clark joked Fast Lane sales are essentially paying for it. There were no comments every made on Twisted Timbers.

Second, . people think attendance is everything, it not. Cedar Fair did however in 2018 have a record attendance across the chain, hey made up in great August and fall for a bad first 1/2, which was heavily impacted by bad weather. But, to the point, it's not pure attendance, its about spending. Per cap spending was up in 2018. That means the people coming are spending more. Higher per caps is why Cedar Fair can make the same revenue as Six Flags with 6M less attendance. Cedar Fair just reported Q2 2019, it was a really good quarter using your notion of attendance it sucked. Attendance on a comporable operating day basis(calendar shift in 2019) CF attendance was down 47K, they got 14M more Revenue, 21M more in Net Income, 7M more in EBIDTA than 2018 on a comparable operating basis. WHY? PER CAPS ARE UP 4% IN PARK AND OUT OF PARK! In particular they sighted 9% increase in food & beverage revenue, they stated their improvements in food with exec chefs is paying off and record salesof season dining and drink passes. CF has added abunch of new restaurants lately

Schoup

Roller Poster
I just watched a pretty informative video that dug a bit deeper into the Cedar Fair chain and their investment policies. Basically, money is spent where it can give a return. Cedar Point, Canada's Wonderland, Kings Island. Those are the flagship parks. KBF gets a higher attendance than all three, but it's both completely landlocked and completely crammed, so there's a bit of a limit as to what can be built there.

Michigan's Adventure is one of those parks with an inconvenient location, low visitor numbers and sparse demographics in the surrounding area. A new big coaster there could probably not attract enough new guests to justify its cost, particularly when compared against putting the same coaster in one of the other parks. So it has been consistently prioritized out. Same goes for Valleyfair!, Worlds of Fun and Dorney's. Those four parks make up the bottom tier of Cedar Fair's park portfolio, the "Have Nots" as Airtime Thrills labels them. There's also Gilroy Gardens, but it really seems like Cedar Fair forgot that they purchased that one, so it's not even considered.

Video was business 101, been stated 100 times in comments sections by about the 5 people that actually research stuff that regularly comment on Youtube, Reddit, TPR, etc... Of course the 99.9% of people ignore the facts, see it all the time and thus cry why doesn't this park that makes 1/12th of the EBIDTA as CF or KB gets a coaster..b/c CF would never get the ROI to justify it.

Snoo

The Legend
Video was business 101, been stated 100 times in comments sections by about the 5 people that actually research stuff that regularly comment on Youtube, Reddit, TPR, etc... Of course the 99.9% of people ignore the facts, see it all the time and thus cry why doesn't this park that makes 1/12th of the EBIDTA as CF or KB gets a coaster..b/c CF would never get the ROI to justify it.

Why didn't you just quote his post and say "This" because that's all you did.

Schoup

Roller Poster
Why didn't you just quote his post and say "This" because that's all you did.

You people are acting like common knowledge and stated 100 times is a relevation. 1+1+2...revelation? Of course people think Amusement Non Insiders actually knows anything, he doesn't and has been proven so many times. FYI, his video on 140M had made up quotes and 140M is status quo...but the ignorant masses thinks it's some news b/c the Non Insider presented it as such. People actually listen to conf calls & read the annual reports and don't be duped. Also, maybe people would actually be able to make informed comments on the chain.

Last edited:

Snoo

The Legend
You people are acting like common knowledge and stated 100 times is a relevation. 1+1+2...revelation? Of course people think Amusement Non Insiders actually knows anything, he doesn't and has been proven so many times. FYI, his video on 140M had made up quotes and 140M is status quo...but the ignorant masses thinks it's some news b/c the Non Insider presented it as such. People actually listen to conf calls & read the annual reports and don't be duped. Also, maybe people would actually be able to make informed comments on the chain.

source.gif

Why the hostility? You're quite the naggy little bitch for some folks missing some knowledge about a conference call. It's not end of days. Informing people in a informative and constructive way instead of being a demeaning douchebag is how you change thoughts and opinions. You right now? Just a entitled little ****bag who should just shut it.

So.. calm down bro.

Schoup

Roller Poster
source.gif

Why the hostility? You're quite the naggy little bitch for some folks missing some knowledge about a conference call. It's not end of days. Informing people in a informative and constructive way instead of being a demeaning douchebag is how you change thoughts and opinions. You right now? Just a entitled little ****bag who should just shut it.

So.. calm down bro.

Naggy ...Pot meet kettle. You're just very sensitve. whiny bitch as you like to say b/c you dont know the facts and it was pointed out. If you don't know what you're talking about, take your own words and "shut it. " Btw, since you're supposedly one of the people running this site, you shoud be more informed than the averge duffus, but that's clearly not the case. Knowing information that is available to anyone willing to look it up, is not entilted, it's called not being wilfully ignorant on a topic that you're discussing. Knowing things produces an informed discussion, not fanboy BS and dolts taking absolute BS from people like Amusementr Non Insiders as true. People like him spreading BS, making up statements by CF, etc...will be regurgitated and once the lies get in the lexicon it's impossible to get out. Yes, stupid, uniformed and lying people like him bother me . Their BS gets regurgitated(already is with NON Insiders last video) and It makes informed and factual discussions harder b/c there are already more than enough uninformed dufus fanboys with out him adding to it.

Last edited:

GuyWithAStick

Captain Basic
That's enough of that.

I've had numerous encounters with this fellow before. He will attempt to return, so do not trust it whenever a new member tries to use Capex, Conference Calls, and attendance figures to put other users down. Be nice to other people, and if you need to correct someone, do it in a dignified manner.

Thank you, have a good day.

Snoo

The Legend
Naggy ...Pot meet kettle. You're just very sensitve. whiny bitch as you like to say b/c you dont know the facts and it was pointed out. If you don't know what you're talking about, take your own words and "shut it. " Btw, since you're supposedly one of the people running this site, you shoud be more informed than the averge duffus, but that's clearly not the case. Knowing information that is available to anyone willing to look it up, is not entilted, it's called not being wilfully ignorant on a topic that you're discussing. Knowing things produces an informed discussion, not fanboy BS and dolts taking absolute BS from people like Amusementr Non Insiders as true. People like him spreading BS, making up statements by CF, etc...will be regurgitated and once the lies get in the lexicon it's impossible to get out. Yes, stupid, uniformed and lying people like him bother me . Their BS gets regurgitated(already is with NON Insiders last video) and It makes informed and factual discussions harder b/c there are already more than enough uninformed dufus fanboys with out him adding to it.

source.gif

Kw6sTheater

Hyper Poster
Once more, our friendly neighborhood moderators come to the rescue!

Back on topic - could the slides announced yesterday for California's Great America become the next cloned Cedar Fair slide complex? The first was the drop capsule slides that were cloned at Cedar Point, King's Dominion, King's Island, Carowinds and Canada's Wonderland, for reference. If so, I think Worlds of Fun will also get aforementioned slide complex to replace their aging Diamond Head slides:

EthanCoaster

Mega Poster
Worlds of Fun was the first park in the chain to get that slide complex, they named it Predator's Plunge.

At this point, only two water parks in the chain do not have a drop-capsule slide complex: California's Great America (which is currently building one and recently announced it) and Michigan's Adventure. I think it's very likely that the latter park is adding one to replace their Be-Bop Boulevard cars.

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team
So the awkward moment when I lay down my cards, and say I listened in on the shareholder call as I am... well, a shareholder. ?

No, nothing was shared on the call as it relates to 2020 attraction planning. Which again, circles back to does anyone have anything outside of sheer conjecture. Happy to have this be an "I wish for X" topic, but let's just call it that. :)

Kw6sTheater

Hyper Poster
Worlds of Fun was the first park in the chain to get that slide complex, they named it Predator's Plunge.

At this point, only two water parks in the chain do not have a drop-capsule slide complex: California's Great America (which is currently building one and recently announced it) and Michigan's Adventure. I think it's very likely that the latter park is adding one to replace their Be-Bop Boulevard cars.
I never knew that! I'd been told that King's Dominion was the first Cedar Fair park to get that slide complex, actually.

Antinos

Slut for Spinners
To be honest, Schoup/Grobble does have valid points, but then loses all credibility whatsoever by spouting a bunch of buzzwords and incoherently screaming "BUSINESS BUSINESS BUSINESS." There are tons of smart, savvy people on these forums that understand all of this stuff fairly well, so the god complex is just not a good look.

To be honest, Schoup/Grobble does have valid points, but then loses all credibility whatsoever by spouting a bunch of buzzwords and incoherently screaming "BUSINESS BUSINESS BUSINESS." There are tons of smart, savvy people on these forums that understand all of this stuff fairly well, so the god complex is just not a good look.
Honestly he comments on my Cedar Fair stuff with negatives. I'll take it cause it's feedback, but it is just videos!!