What's new

CANCELLED - Remember the Gal Gadot! | SAN ANTONIO, TX PARKS | 9th - 10th May 2020

tomahawk

Strata Poster
The stars at night are big and bright
(clap, clap, clap, clap),
Deep in the heart of Texas!

That's right, we are headed to the heart of Texas to enjoy two days of great coasters! You'll get to experience not one, but two RMC coasters, a brand new GCI, and a grand total of 16 coasters!

Saturday May 9: Sea World San Antonio

Let's ride the brand new GCI coaster, Texas Stingray along with the 5 other coasters at the park while enjoying a relaxing day.

Sunday May 10: Six Flags Fiesta Texas

It's time to get in a single file line and pay respects to Wonder Woman! Go quarry diving on Iron Rattler, and enjoy possibly the best floorless coaster on the planet in Superman: Krypton Coaster! The best setting for a Six Flags park, we will enjoy a day of riding coasters, and all of the rerides on WW and IR.

Itinerary

You will be responsible for your travel to and from the parks. Several of us will probably rent a large Airbnb like we did for Kentucky Kingdom this past year. You will be responsible for accommodations and car, but use this to help organize travel. Several people will be traveling in from Dallas Friday night (myself included) and rides could be arranged if needed. I'll be providing meet up information as we get closer, but that also ties into the topic below.

Tickets/Perks

The sooner we have numbers, the sooner we can know if we will be able to have any perks. Sea World passes are relatively cheap (keep this in mind if you plan on joining us in Tampa in November!) and we all know Six Flags and their memberships. If we have any perks or discounts available, you will need to check in here, but tell us if you are coming!

This is a great gateway for a lot of the Texas parks that a lot of people are missing. ZDT is not formally on the trip, but I would be shocked if there isn't a group that decides to do a 2 hour round trip for it. Just know, CoasterForce is not planning that park specifically.

It's going to be a party, so be there!

https://coasterforce.com/texas-2020-cf-live/

Hutch

Strata Poster
giphy.gif

I'm so in.

Some of you already have a pretty good idea of what my plans are, but I'm planning to fly into Dallas that Thursday night and hit up SFOT on Friday (will probably fly out of San Antonio Monday morning... gotta get around to buying flights soon). Obviously all for carpool and group Airbnb.

Also down for some Swithback action. Let's hear if other people want the +1. Everything is new for me so it'll be an all out cred run for every park for me.

Sky

Mega Poster
Take what @Hutch said, and copy that almost word for word for me and @Groot!

Never been anywhere near Texas, so we're super excited for it (and to see all your lovely faces again). Add us to the Airbnb/carpool list for both Dallas and San Antonio!

Also - our Sea World pass came with a bunch of "Bring a Friend Free" passes, so if anyone needs a ticket to SW, we've got you covered.

Hutch

Strata Poster
Also - our Sea World pass came with a bunch of "Bring a Friend Free" passes, so if anyone needs a ticket to SW, we've got you covered.
Would love to take you up on that offer. :)

Not planning on hitting Florida this year so this will be the only Sea World park I hit, so I would’ve only gotten the one day ticket anyway as opposed to the pass.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Antinos

Slut for Spinners
You know I'll be there! I'm undecided as to where I'm flying into just yet and I'm hoping to use this thread to gauge a decision over the course of the next few days.

Groot

Roller Poster
You know I'll be there! I'm undecided as to where I'm flying into just yet and I'm hoping to use this thread to gauge a decision over the course of the next few days.

You should just do the same thing as @Hutch, @Sky, and myself and fly into Dallas on Thursday so we can do SFOT on Friday. Man, I can see it now... Bunch of coaster enthusiasts carpooling together across Texas in a rented van, looking like we're headed to our Pee-wee Soccer match, driven by Papa @tomahawk! ??

tomahawk

Strata Poster
You should just do the same thing as @Hutch, @Sky, and myself and fly into Dallas on Thursday so we can do SFOT on Friday. Man, I can see it now... Bunch of coaster enthusiasts carpooling together across Texas in a rented van, looking like we're headed to our Pee-wee Soccer match, driven by Papa @tomahawk!
Listen, there's a Visa spinner about 15 minutes from SFOT, if we plan it right, this will be a cred whore extravaganza

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk