What's new

Camping in Scotland May-Jun 2013

Pierre

Strata Poster
Going to post my camping trip, as you might have guessed, I have some free time.

Every year, about 20 of the family go on a camping holiday in the whit half-term. This year was the Scottish borders - or the village 'Cockburnspath' to be precise. Go on, have a childish giggle.

Anyway, we set up camp at Cockburnspath (in a campsite called Chesterfield :? ) and every Saturday, a 'supper van' comes to visit. Being in Scotland I had to try one of their delicacies, batter. The item/victim in question? A pizza!

oiQ8HjxyEGY4NY4bN-4ksJRNrRp6L3U4IPzHZoZAQJg

Grease-tastic. I've tried it once, won't try it again.

The campsite was right next to a farmers field of noisy-ass cows.

qBIF-ylh1O3-lhndO6hdACzqnUl_dvrtLTei4rP7LGo%2CcuUsqZUqg_A2qdXU4NFBq21RwhvaIiWnahSON4DTUpo

As it was May, there's a few young ones about... d'aww.

yeqS56bn4PDDWF_LA_TjAx3La4vl6jr8878UqbvDv-8%2Cy59o-GVigeDxpTJcCmhFyW8HoQeDnEvhAoovUWdNh18

On the bank holiday Monday, we went to some **** old seaside resort called Eyemouth. It had one amusement block, one fish and chip shop, and what can only be described as a junk shop, ran by an asian guy with a Scottish accent (totally threw me).

There's also a bloke who charges you to feed fish to some Seals, who've took it upon themselves to live there because mugs like us pay to feed them. They're old, haggard seals, the typical kind of seal you'd expect to see on the Scottish coast.

1aAgrq_PquAhdG-MAQw66iBHpwD1T3oT5okJuo-z6RE

This was the view we woke up to each morning - I did want to make it my mission to climb that hill one time but never got round to it (couldn't be arsed).

Bumo_rykbKbydNP9SBkxD7Yfo4VmVFc82qLRBJ9AYv0%2CCz9Qde3m7C72YEdZFRvgC2cw10hb9NowCg4Rxw0qvyY

We went to a town called Dunbar that day - the weather was naff so we took the kids to the leisure centre - it got a bit brighter later so we headed down to the bay. There was a cool, cave-like feature in the cliff which blatantly gets used as a drinking den for youths (smashed bottles of bud in the corner)

qjXJMT0lOp49hlDLtuWBQgZ_QycZG9MOyD3jZ7UqpCY%2C3Skf4ERobjkHczVz5mH-70GA2T21HDxgiaoWe4Hz6HY

_ij_URjp1y5D82ZV8SRgVfhjnIzBGQGm6yQjlaWNxjs%2Cb0ca0aIDm8lVqHyh5znUDGvQJ9lV_TEHGjG-CR3hScw

0klE3Lfs1mSAjEjZqatP7WFrgKUl26AHsPPlX7rtTyk

I wanted to test a feature out on my phone which took a few images and stitched them together in one image - I tested it on my daughter on the swing in the park, pretty cool.
p_Jl8LXVOCiEcQ87fMCQi1mg4ddxX_Rj3XKbDybyUIw

Back at the campsite and we were in urgent need of cheese on toast!!

KhIGyn0tUzlaphYHVFJaTHvll1JLBftIknvSxP09DsE

We visited Holy Island the next day - Holy Island is naff but my mother loves it. It has a causeway to the Island that can only be crossed at certain times as when the tide comes in it completely covers it.

DsE8o_vNXrg2HU26IgQlftjaeHekKRlH9zpslKir30Y

The island is just full of 'holy' buildings, over-priced ice cream and 'Lindisfarne Mead'.

Back at the campsite again, and the finger LED lights, often used at raves, were proving useful to keep track of my daughter!

TaEiJoAaCWPpPWnm20Jo7_BSeVVkIwoi2Z4AkwehHgY

The next day was a bit more exciting than the last few, Edinburgh Zoo! They advertise a price which includes an optional donation - I had no shame in asking for a ticket without the donation.

I'm just going to put some photos of some animals here as there's not a lot I can say about them, I'm not David **** Attenborough or anything.

QV6TIDQ3prMVxx2zBvQgIAH8zzPCFBj-9sZvn5zlwp0

AzB0u37PLEiYae0w9MrJzBaVPrDyBSPTqGX9OsGP-JU

We all love meerkats.

LgH2AuOSjAqy96MLoPxoHx7uZk_Gs0qPP81EZDWW0dM

They do a penguin parade - they errrrr, parade penguins through the footpath in front of you. Pretty cool.

e4MwZIBeHU7mcASq8mMoXMBd4G68GjIUaKAnRWh7PeY%2CN6-BvWN9CRQorePqiJw9RJ32wQJ11Zft4Zv7GRoM6CA

fHwsVo2sOa96tofYNIny0TM0WG_gNWnZRn00ffI3eTc%2C2ByEyunPxJeLyjQXy2Zfa1NcmQo5dImBHjeNosXtUP8

I couldn't get a photo of the leopard without the reflection due to the angle!

d9eCD3fyNsjJsWrY-Jo6bSfzFp-YrB_39qY2keiNPEo%2CB1PpR6vGEbnELiRI4GDvSDVZKjOc6c42XYmARjnqtaE

This was a bit better but not the angle I wanted...

_z3ra0zXbkR170bLr9KoHLtI7k3htJoH8QLi7uIaC0g%2CMj0gbON8i1UoL2h12FMNnsut6DePSsdIRAt11gqDrKA

A view of Edinburgh from the top of Edinburgh Zoo

Yykj31pVNQhAIzkLqG9iJPSLAmbTHTkKXwiJmkwfTTM

Remember that view I posted earlier in the post? This was the view on the Friday evening as fog suddenly rolled in from the coast!

0Egh0i6imqscNXmHvbPFzwLTGZwftMJrJL-uH_UIeuk

And that was that. All in all a fun week - you can see the kind of mundane bollocks I get upto now I don't visit parks that often haha.

caffeine_demon

Strata Poster
I get error 403
"It seems you don't belong here! You should probably sign in. Check out our Help Center and forums for help, or head back to home. "

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
As the images aren't working, I thought I'd try to fill them in for people, we don't want to miss out after all ;)

Pierre said:
Going to post my camping trip, as you might have guessed, I have some free time.

Every year, about 20 of the family go on a camping holiday in the whit half-term. This year was the Scottish borders - or the village 'Cockburnspath' to be precise. Go on, have a childish giggle.

Anyway, we set up camp at Cockburnspath (in a campsite called Chesterfield :? ) and every Saturday, a 'supper van' comes to visit. Being in Scotland I had to try one of their delicacies, batter. The item/victim in question? A pizza!

ACNEFREE-VS-PROACTIVE-REVIEWS-1977.jpg

Grease-tastic. I've tried it once, won't try it again.

The campsite was right next to a farmers field of noisy-ass cows.

cow-man-butt-ass.jpg

As it was May, there's a few young ones about... d'aww.

holy-veal.jpg

On the bank holiday Monday, we went to some **** old seaside resort called Eyemouth. It had one amusement block, one fish and chip shop, and what can only be described as a junk shop, ran by an asian guy with a Scottish accent (totally threw me).

There's also a bloke who charges you to feed fish to some Seals, who've took it upon themselves to live there because mugs like us pay to feed them. They're old, haggard seals, the typical kind of seal you'd expect to see on the Scottish coast.

Seal.jpg

This was the view we woke up to each morning - I did want to make it my mission to climb that hill one time but never got round to it (couldn't be arsed).

800px-Anthill_in_natural_monument_Poust_in_2011_%282%29.JPG

We went to a town called Dunbar that day - the weather was naff so we took the kids to the leisure centre - it got a bit brighter later so we headed down to the bay. There was a cool, cave-like feature in the cliff which blatantly gets used as a drinking den for youths (smashed bottles of bud in the corner)

Level1_Mountain_Caves_image001.jpg

img017.jpg

P4s7e.jpg

I wanted to test a feature out on my phone which took a few images and stitched them together in one image - I tested it on my daughter on the swing in the park, pretty cool.
5-+How+to+make+a+swing.jpg

Back at the campsite and we were in urgent need of cheese on toast!!

Jesus+cheese+on+toast.jpg

We visited Holy Island the next day - Holy Island is naff but my mother loves it. It has a causeway to the Island that can only be crossed at certain times as when the tide comes in it completely covers it.

robin_01.jpg

The island is just full of 'holy' buildings, over-priced ice cream and 'Lindisfarne Mead'.

Back at the campsite again, and the finger LED lights, often used at raves, were proving useful to keep track of my daughter!

rave.jpg

The next day was a bit more exciting than the last few, Edinburgh Zoo! They advertise a price which includes an optional donation - I had no shame in asking for a ticket without the donation.

I'm just going to put some photos of some animals here as there's not a lot I can say about them, I'm not David **** Attenborough or anything.

cb2cf18388e7e21e119b6e22.jpg

626ecac5098ff075eb206e98.jpg

We all love meerkats.

3545a97e6921310233720015.jpg

They do a penguin parade - they errrrr, parade penguins through the footpath in front of you. Pretty cool.

penguin-2.jpg

Antarctica%20-%20Empire%20of%20the%20Penguin.jpg

I couldn't get a photo of the leopard without the reflection due to the angle!

Martins%20XJR.JPG

This was a bit better but not the angle I wanted...

jaguar-xj220.jpg

A view of Edinburgh from the top of Edinburgh Zoo

pic41d05091ee253.jpg

Remember that view I posted earlier in the post? This was the view on the Friday evening as fog suddenly rolled in from the coast!

frog_2448075b.jpg

And that was that. All in all a fun week - you can see the kind of mundane bollocks I get upto now I don't visit parks that often haha.