What's new

Peter Immelmann

Mega Poster
I have my doubts that this coaster will ever be build. And I'm actually not so sure if this is so bad. Well, of course that 355 ft spike would be great but other than that the layout (at least as it is reconstructed by BGWFans) is not that convincing.

If the orientation of the train is as assumed in the BWGFans video you ride the main drop backwards. That's for sure an interesting experience but if I'd have to make a choice I'd clearly would prefer a forward drop where I can see the height. On the other hand, if the orientation would be such that you drop forward, you are pushed through the main launches backwards which, again, would not be my first choice (backward launch is a nice effect but I'd prefer the main launch to be forward).

There's yet another thing that is non-optimal as far as I can see. If the coaster really needs that second launch just before the big spike in order to climb it, then on the way back you either have that break directly after the drop (which is kind of awful) or (if the launch does not function as a break) you pass the banked turn with a fairly different speed than on the way there. That means one way would feel either forceless or over the edge (in any case the laterals would not work out properly, which is typically not what you want for such a banked turn). And as the layout does not contain that much more, this would concern a significant part of the ride.

CrashCoaster

CF Legend
Sorry to bump the thread, but what are the chances that this project has been cancelled? I mean it's obviously gonna be delayed, but is this likely to be built in a year or two or not at all? Would be a shame if it has been cancelled because it would be a really unique ride, even if it won't be a world-class experience like Pantheon.

EDjanaika

Mega Poster
Sorry to bump the thread, but what are the chances that this project has been cancelled? I mean it's obviously gonna be delayed, but is this likely to be built in a year or two or not at all? Would be a shame if it has been cancelled because it would be a really unique ride, even if it won't be a world-class experience like Pantheon.
It depends because SeaWorld haven't cancelled the additions to SeaWorld San Antonio for 2022 as they'd already started construction pre-pandemic. The question is also depends if they've done all the stuff like order track and so on that's probably why the B&M Surf Coaster at Orlando will probably go ahead and that rumoured S&S screamin swing at BGT apparently parts have been seen onsite for it but it would be a shame if it's been delayed or cancelled indefinitely!

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team
How come, out of interest? Surely a 355ft tall ride in itself should be incredibly exciting for the park?

Well, I’m personally thrilled that this is going ahead again; I think this ride could be truly spectacular, and quite unlike anything else in the world!
That's what I thought too until I saw the tragic layout it'll have.

Exactly.

Building a 355 ft. shuttle coaster feels very 1997. I enjoy a new cred as much as the next guy; but just as I criticized Orion's 85 ft. tall brake run, so too I criticize any of the concepts that have been speculated as leaving sooooooo muchhhhhh rooooooom on the design table.

Call me a Zach Snyder cut fan - I want the 4 hour long version.

JJLehto

Hyper Poster
I get it's not the most exciting layout, but a new massive cred is still better than the alternative of nothing.
Of course! Though I suppose could be said its not this or nothing, there's already Pantheon. This is...idk the reject idea/some part they couldn't work in and trying to make a stand alone lol Esp since (assuming it's unchanged maybe it will be) it even has the swing launch bit...really is like a (clearly better) SFMM type move of making a new ride thats very much like your last ride. That said fun sure but prob a once and done.

Damn shame they couldn't figure out some way to work this into Pantheon/didnt have space. Like holy hell could you imagine if after Pantheon you went into this part? Would be so wild. So much so I guess they couldn't make it work ha