What's new

Busch Gardens Williamsburg | Pantheon | Intamin LSM Coaster | 2022

oriolat2

Giga Poster
I asked on a tour why they went with Zierer and they said it was because they already built the kiddie coaster from them they knew they could provide a good family attraction. Also Mach tower is Moser not Zierer.

You are right about Mach Tower being from Moser. :)

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team
So I missed the announcement cause west coast + go live day for the week. Did they show or discuss anything to do with the trains/restraints outside of capacity?

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
Considering the live stream cut out 2 minutes into the presentation, we all missed the announcement. :p

No detail on trains and capacity. Safe to assume the same OTSR with soft restraints as there is on Maverick, Intimidator 305, etc.

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team
I'd say far more likely to be like the restraints on Soaring with Dragon, surely?
Since this coaster has proper inversions, I’d imagine they would want the soft OTSRs still though.

Ben

CF Legend
Since this coaster has proper inversions, I’d imagine they would want the soft OTSRs still though.

Soaring with Dragon has an absolutely ****ing gigantic dive loop mate dunno how much more ‘proper’ you want it.

Also I’ll slap the next person that says it’s like Maverick because it has launches and a 95 degree drop. It’s nothing like Maverick in any way, totally different style of ride.

gavin

Staff member
Social Media Team
Soaring with Dragon has an absolutely ****ing gigantic dive loop mate dunno how much more ‘proper’ you want it.

Also I’ll slap the next person that says it’s like Maverick because it has launches and a 95 degree drop. It’s nothing like Maverick in any way, totally different style of ride.
Duelling Dragons also has lapbars - on both the regular sit down and inverted sides - and has a bunch of "proper" inversions.

Sent from my Redmi Note 7 using Tapatalk

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team

Sorry, when I said "proper", I meant full 360 rotation, rather than dive loop with a “non-inverting” element. But also forgot about SWD's massive overbank immediately after the element ? . Thinking more though, definitely right on @gavin's point, and Flying Aces also has a heartline roll. All that's to say there is plenty of example of inversion with lapbar, so hopeful that is the case here too.

Also agree on the Maverick comparison not being apt - now that we have the layout in hand, clear this will be a different type of ride experience.

Jarrett

Most Obnoxious Member 2016
I’m liking it, honestly! Was hoping that the Roman names were being used to keep people thinking Italy when it was in fact a new Greek expansion but this is great too! My only problem with the theme is they literally have a Roman god coaster right next to this one and I feel they could have gotten a bit more creative but it’s a cool theme! As others said, I like the idea of different elements names after the gods. I’m sure the theming will be top notch too, wonder if there will be any allusion to them as on-ride theming.

Coaster itself also looks awesome! Mostly excited for that top hat hill thing and the Pluto wave turn but the whole thing looks like a solid package. A bit confused on what the Minerva element is supposed to be, though.

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team
A bit confused on what the Minerva element is supposed to be, though.
Looks like that will be a launch into the first inversion, which (based on our very rudimentary drawing) looks like a step-up under flip, similar to Untamed and Joker.

Looking more closely at the layout drawing too, it looks like there is a very aggressive banked turn headed into the brake run. Here's to hoping it's comparable to I305's finish!

DSC04889.jpg

Also breaking down the promo video a bit more, it does look like the newer lapbar-only restraints were used for the computer rendering of the ride. Woop woop.
Screen Shot 2019-07-31 at 11.09.35 AM.jpg
Screen Shot 2019-07-31 at 11.09.14 AM.jpgScreen Shot 2019-07-31 at 11.08.47 AM.jpg

CrashCoaster

CF Legend
I know I had a winge but I actually really like the look of this ride. Definitely has some great looking, and intense elements.

Also we already knew this would have the Train restraints, it was shown in the plans. In my personal opinion, I don't know why people love these restraints so much, after riding Red Force. I mean they're good and the best Intamin restraints but I personally prefer the similar Mack restraints and even B&M clamshells. They just felt a bit unnaturally shaped to me, if that's the best way to put it.

Last edited:

PetskuC

Mega Poster
About the restraints: I am certain that they will be the new otsr lap-bars, as seen on Taron and Duelling Dragons. Taiga uses them aswell, and during the media event Tobias from Intamin indirectly stated that those lap-bars are the new standard.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

CrashCoaster

CF Legend
Is there any Intamins with the Taron lap bars that have seatbelts? Considering SeaWorld put the comfort collars on their SRIIs, it wouldn't surprise me if they opted to put seatbelts that clips onto the restraints on this.

Just out of curiosity, do Intamin still use these seatbelt clips nowadays?
1564613223483.png

Last edited:

CrashCoaster

CF Legend
I've just done a bit of research, all the Asian Intamins with this restraint has seatbelts that go across the lap, and the only coaster globally that has the Taron restraints with a seatbelt that clips to the restraint is DrageKongen. Having a seatbelt that clips to the restraint is easier to check than a lap seatbelt, but I sure hope it wont have any seatbelts at all, though knowing SeaWorld it will probably have both.

Pokemaniac

Mountain monkey
Staff member
Administrator
Going to both agree and disagree on this. I'd say a comparison to Maverick's style is still reasonable. Or maybe it's the design philosophy. Like Maverick, Pantheon seems to be an "a little bit of everything" coaster. It doesn't try to be "The Most ______ Coaster" in the world, country, or even the park. All of its vital stats are exceeded by other coasters at BGW, save the drop angle. Nor can you really consider it a traditional, specialized "_____ Coaster". It has multiple inversions but they're not the sole focus of the ride (unlike, say, Steel Curtain), a 95 degree drop that's not the central feature either (Eurofighter or Dive Machine), its height is impressive but it's not a Hyper, and so on. A solid mix without relying too much on a gimmick, just like Maverick. A coaster for the park that has everything.

Granted, these have become a lot more common since Maverick was built, but it still warms my heart to see a non-specialized thrill coaster that has a mix of elements that in themselves each would be a great focal point for a ride.