What's new

Busch Gardens Tampa | Tigris | Premier SkyRocket II

MakoMania

Mega Poster
I'm excited for this now. Will be nice to get on another cred at BGT, never done one of these and they seem to get decent reviews. It's certainly a lot better than having Tidal Wave just rotting away.

The station exterior theming/rockwork looks great, I just hope that landscaping around the ride is good. It usually is in the SEAS parks. Fingers crossed it has a nice custom soundtrack like Electric Eel.

Kw6sTheater

Hyper Poster
I visited Busch Gardens Tampa Bay for the first time today in almost four years. I'm glad to report that I had an awesome time :)! Anyways, I caught Tigris testing several times throughout the afternoon (I hoped to possibly ride it, but that was not in the cards... the work walls were still up, as well as the fact that the train was 100% empty) and took a nice shot of it from near the Skyride station;
image2.jpg

This really illustrates how truly compact these Skyrocket II models are!

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
I have to admit, that second photo with the trees and the shade and the colour of the ride is wonderful. Really, really nice.

CanobieFan

Strata Poster
Well, I just got back from my mini-vacation and called in from work today... So I drove out to Tampa and got my easy +1...
And it was nothing more than that to me. I don't know. It's probably the worst of the 3 SRII's I've ridden and I get that parks don't build these things for us... but still, this ride is bad.
Random bitchy notes on the ride -
Con's

Long slow line (but that's my fault for going on a weekend, I guess)
Slow load/dispatches on a ride with a single, 18 seat train
No single rider line and at least 2-3 empty seats per cycle (But I think Manta at SWOrlando is the only SW/Busch park I've seen with a single, and that doesn't even have it anymore)
Had to take my glasses off (but at BGW it was fine?)
Way to many people using Quick Queue (even if they paid for it...)
Oddly difficult to get in and out of the train, I remember having the same problem at BGW, honestly I'm surprised someone hasn't fallen onto the track getting in or out of Tempesto, yet.
Comfort collars have these odd carabiner-like clips that are very hard to unlock (adding to slow load and cycle times)
Lack of any sort of theme
Adds nothing, really, to the parks line up (subjectable, I guess)

Pro's
Easy credit, +1 (985)
Didn't... rip the skin off my shoulders like Tempesto did.
Probably the first on CoasterForce to get this credit?
Queue Wait was posted at 90 minutes, was only just over an hour.
There will be an RMC in the park soon enough.

by CanobieFan, on Flickr

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Good stuff, thanks @CanobieFan. Sounds pretty par for the course for these things, too be honest.

And on that opening note, unstuck!