What's new

Busch Gardens Tampa | Serengeti Flyer | S&S Screamin' Swing | 2023

ScottLann

Mega Poster
Announcement

'There's a new thrill on the rise, and its name is "Serengeti Flyer"! Get ready to experience the world’s tallest and fastest ride of its kind here at Busch Gardens Tampa Bay. Prepare to take flight in spring 2023.'

Quite like the name myself!

fartsalad

Roller Poster
Announcement

'There's a new thrill on the rise, and its name is "Serengeti Flyer"! Get ready to experience the world’s tallest and fastest ride of its kind here at Busch Gardens Tampa Bay. Prepare to take flight in spring 2023.'

Quite like the name myself!
Probably to instill more sense of thrill using "flyer" but Serengeti Swing is nice and flows like "Finnegans Flyer"..

Then again, I'd call it fart swing because it's basic mechanism: giant fart tanks

AidanCKY

Mega Poster
You do have to love BGT for just building cool stuff so casually. The park doesnt need a swing, but its getting one anyway. Just another solid ride to go on!
Looking forward to it.

Ethan

Strata Poster
Yeah I agree that 'Serengeti Swinger' or something does roll off the tongue a lot easier, although I suppose the word 'swinger' perhaps has implications that aren't appropriate for the park!
'Flyer' just sounds pretty meh in my opinion, lacks oomph for me. Paint job looks decent though.

TPoseOnTantrum

Giga Poster
Get ready to experience the world’s tallest and fastest ride of its kind here at Busch Gardens Tampa Bay.
If I'm being super forgiving in the face of Seaworld's recent streak of bull**** record marketing tactics, it's the same size as Tidal Surge at San Antonio. Perhaps not a record breaker, but technically a tied record holder. Shifty half-truth there.

AidanCKY

Mega Poster
If I'm being super forgiving in the face of Seaworld's recent streak of bull**** record marketing tactics, it's the same size as Tidal Surge at San Antonio. Perhaps not a record breaker, but technically a tied record holder. Shifty half-truth there.

I suppose they could have made it an inch higher or it swings an inch higher for a technicality.