What's new

Busch Gardens Tampa | Iron Gwazi | RMC Gwazi | 2022

Markus.Downhill

Mega Poster
Apparently they are currently paying or have already payed the rest of Iron Gwazi to RMC, I asked if this was the same for ice breaker and the surf coaster but he said ‘those coasters are a total different story’ so looks like iron Gwazi will be testing very soon and will open this year but Ice Breaker will be delayed to 2021.

Magic-Man

Mega Poster
F

**** yeesssss, I predict a mid August opening. Hope Ice Breaker opens this year as that will mean the surf coaster will open next year, and I’m going to Florida next year

Depends on how much testing they have to do. I could see it open by the first full week of August if they start testing soon.

Markus.Downhill

Mega Poster
Depends on how much testing they have to do. I could see it open by the first full week of August if they start testing soon.
They will probably start testing in a few days. Could be tommorow. I’d say the only reason the crews were on the track was just to check that everything is the way it was back in March for safety. After that they will go straight into testing as they were already testing it in March

i305_zack

Mega Poster
They will probably start testing in a few days. Could be tommorow. I’d say the only reason the crews were on the track was just to check that everything is the way it was back in March for safety. After that they will go straight into testing as they were already testing it in March
They have to check all the electrical as well, it’s not as easy as the track but this is a fantastic sign!! It will definitely open this year, somewhere around mid August is my guess

Markus.Downhill

Mega Poster
Delayed to 2021 it seems.

Not necessarily because it depends if they consider iron gwazi under construction because it was already testing plus rmc members were back on site last week.

According to ‘single rider thrills’ in insta, theme music and instructions were playing in the queue

Magic-Man

Mega Poster
The wait sign above the queue is currently on, and the final fire inspection is scheduled to take place tomorrow (if they pass, they'll receive a certificate of occupancy). This thing is opening this year, probably soon.

Markus.Downhill

Mega Poster
The wait sign above the queue is currently on, and the final fire inspection is scheduled to take place tomorrow (if they pass, they'll receive a certificate of occupancy). This thing is opening this year, probably soon.
What do you mean by fire inspection? And how do you know the last one is tomorrow? I know it was testing yesterday and all these signs are occurring but remember that SEAS said rides under construction would be delayed, which is a bit vague but still makes it less likely it will open in 2020

Matt N

CF Legend
I thought it wasn’t opening until 2021?

Still, great to see things picking back up on the site; hopefully an opening could be imminent!

Magic-Man

Mega Poster
I thought it wasn’t opening until 2021?

Still, great to see things picking back up on the site; hopefully an opening could be imminent!

SWE said "All rides under construction won't be opening until 2021" Iron Gwazi, while not open, isn't technically under construction. It's in that weird limbo period.