What's new

Busch Gardens Tampa | Iron Gwazi | RMC Gwazi | 2022

ScottLann

Mega Poster
Here's the next aerial photo update. Looks like lift hill top off is imminent!

https://www.reddit.com/r/rollercoasters/comments/e1l9hq
https://www.reddit.com/r/rollercoasters/comments/e1nuht
https://www.reddit.com/r/rollercoasters/comments/e1p6g9

That last one really shows how much they've changed the skyline over the past year. Looks fantastic!
It's crazy when you think how much Shiekra used to dominate the skyline! Oh how things have changed :)

This Park had a great lineup to start with but now it's something else haha

Ethan

Strata Poster
Looks pretty fab I won't lie, but people need to stop calling that thing a "death roll" it's honestly so stupid. And this is coming from someone who adores hyperbole.

Jcoasters

Mega Poster
Looks pretty fab I won't lie, but people need to stop calling that thing a "death roll" it's honestly so stupid. And this is coming from someone who adores hyperbole.

For those who don’t know:

When alligators bite down on prey, they will start to roll furiously. This rips limbs off. For this reason, it’s known as a “death roll.”

- rcking04

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
But it's still just a barrel roll, right?

"Death Roll" is over imaginative coaster enthusiasts trying to think of something where there's nothing. Colossus has five of the things, for ****s sake...

EDIT: Two points of clarity - yes I'm including the RMC engineers and/or park marketing in the statement above if that what they've named it, and yes I think this coaster is going to be brilliant (including the barrel roll).

Peet

Giga Poster
I respect the thematic naming of the element for a bit of fun, but:

Barrel roll
Jojo roll
In-line twist
Heartline roll
Zero-G roll
And now death roll

This is getting a little out of hand!

(Yes I know some of them have subtle differences but fundamentally they are all more or less the same thing)

VikingsAf

Mega Poster
I think this is a coasters-enthusiast issue. Because I think that every normal person would find it kinda cool that one of the elements the coaster is doing is named to some behaviour of the animal.

If you would have a dolphin themed coaster with a cut-back, then I would certainly not mind if people start calling it a tailflip for example

CrashCoaster

CF Legend
I respect the thematic naming of the element for a bit of fun, but:

Barrel roll
Jojo roll
In-line twist
Heartline roll
Zero-G roll
And now death roll

This is getting a little out of hand!

(Yes I know some of them have subtle differences but fundamentally they are all more or less the same thing)
You forgot the "corked roll" and the "lagoon roll".

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
You forgot the "corked roll" and the "lagoon roll".
The Lagoon Roll is at least a fundamentally different bit of track shaping though. I mean, I'd call it a double barrel roll, but I can live with that having it's own name. It's definitely not as tenuous as the death roll. :p