What's new

Busch Gardens Tampa | Iron Gwazi | RMC Gwazi | 2022

CanobieFan

Strata Poster
I could see them holding it till the fall or maybe even for the start of Christmas Town. Or maybe just open it without fanfare and no big celebration.

CSLKennyNI

Giga Poster
Interestingly that document suggests the coaster cost less than $10 million? I assume that's not the total cost of the project.

i305_zack

Mega Poster
I imagine once they get all the money they can get with the parks in the first two weeks, they will start paying the contractors

Magic-Man

Mega Poster
I imagine once they get all the money they can get with the parks in the first two weeks, they will start paying the contractors

But it's not like they don't have any money tho. The executives got massive bonuses when this first hit.

This only makes Seaworld look bad as a company.

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Interestingly that document suggests the coaster cost less than $10 million? I assume that's not the total cost of the project.
Aaaaaaaaaaaabsolutely not. RMC aren't doing the station, utilities, paths, permits, material disposal from site, and a thousand and one other things that will rack up a massive chunk more money than $10m.

I mean, this is kinda crappy of SeaWorld, but in their defence, this kinda **** happens all the time in construction. Everyone is always trying to better their books, make sure their factories/suppliers can be satisfied, and sometimes these legal documents are more just for record keeping than they are anything else.

The very initial contracts for big projects like this follow pre-designed frameworks that cover things like "what happens if one party fails to meet their obligations", "what happens if the client requests a change halfway through", etc. Instead of having to draft up loads of clauses each time, you just take an off-the-shelf contract (in the UK these are written by people like ICE) and modify it to suit. These pre-designed templates will often say things like "after 60 days from invoice with no payment received, the owed party must submit a completed and signed form ABC123, regardless of any understanding of payment to be paid in the coming days". It's neat then, as if things do get ugly in the courts, you can prove that you have all the documentation and followed all the procedures. Last thing you want is for SW to stand up and show you didn't hold up your end of the contract, right?

So yeah, whilst a shame to see it come to this, and especially chain-wide, I would wager that this is just a 'cost of business' type thing that RMC and SW are working through.

Matt N

CF Legend
What does a lien mean? Does it mean that RMC is suing SeaWorld?

What would they do if SeaWorld refuses to pay? They almost definitely will pay, but I was just wondering.

Markus.Downhill

Mega Poster
I’m so confused about all this ? don’t know a ton about business. But can someone explain to me briefly what’s going on? Also how will this affect IG’s opening?

Ethan

Strata Poster

What would they do if SeaWorld refuses to pay? They almost definitely will pay, but I was just wondering.
It basically means they want possession of the coaster from the chain until they receive payment for it.

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team

Realistically, they just refuse to give the rides' various bits of final sign-off, making it illegal for the park to operate the coaster. It's not like RMC take the wheels off the trains or anything like that.

i305_zack

Mega Poster
Maybe RMC should just come and take away a section of track each day it isn't paid
Are you serious?? That’s so dumb, the absolute worst thing that could happen is that Iron Gwazi stays dormant for years, but I don’t see that happening, I see they will pay this off real soon