What's new

Busch Gardens Tampa | Iron Gwazi | RMC Gwazi | 2022

ScottLann

Mega Poster
I wouldn't say a SV beater like Owen stated - the duration is much shorter and it has way less airtime. Still, it's one heck of a unique layout and i'd definitely say it's going to be a top 5 RMC.

Matt N

CF Legend
Regardless of whether it tops SteVe or not in the consensus opinion of enthusiasts, I think it will still be an absolutely mind-blowing coaster!

Magic-Man

Mega Poster
WITHOUT RIDING STEEL VENGEANCE OR IRON GWAZI MYSELF, AND GOING BY THE LAYOUTS, I think Iron Gwazi and Steel Vengeance will be tied for best in the world. Iron Gwazi has the superior first half, Steel Vengeance has the superior second half. It really depends on what you're into, speed or airtime.

Intamin to Win

Mega Poster
WITHOUT RIDING STEEL VENGEANCE OR IRON GWAZI MYSELF, AND GOING BY THE LAYOUTS, I think Iron Gwazi and Steel Vengeance will be tied for best in the world. Iron Gwazi has the superior first half, Steel Vengeance has the superior second half. It really depends on what you're into, speed or airtime.
I mean... SV’s first half is preeeety ****in good. I dunno

Howie

Donkey in a hat
Yeah nah, I can't see this beating Vengeance personally. It's got a good chance of being the best coaster in Florida for sure, but at 4,075ft it's barely got 2 thirds the track length of Big SteVe (5740ft) and for me SteVe's monumental length <giggedy> and duration <double giggedy> is what keeps it out in front. Even if IG has better flow and pacing, SteVe's mammoth 3 hour ride time is still gonna be hard to beat.
Either way, I can't wait to find out. Roll on November! :)

Last edited:

Kw6sTheater

Hyper Poster
In my opinion, Iron Gwazi definitely has a more snappy and high-speed feel to it as opposed to Steel Vengeance; however, its short layout seems to die out after the stall. Perhaps if the second half was extended, possibly reusing the other supports on the outskirts of Gwazi for a series of small airtime hills and quick turns (ala Steel Vengeance's finale), I'd believe that Iron Gwazi could beat Steel Vengeance - while that first half will certainly be incredible, I don't think that the abrupt second half will beat Steel Vengeance's.

pajama sam

Roller Poster
Lighting rod is around the same length and is considered just as good as sv (from what I have heard)
Yeah nah, I can't see this beating Vengeance personally. It's got a good chance of being the best coaster in Florida for sure, but at 4,075ft it's barely got 2 thirds the track length of Big SteVe (5740ft) and for me SteVe's monumental length and duration is what keeps it out in front. Even if IG's pacing and flow work better than SteVe, that mammoth 3 hour ride time is still gonna be hard to beat.
Either way, I can't wait to find out. Roll on November! :)

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

MLDesigns

Hyper Poster
Nah, not an SV beater IMO. I'm almost certain it'll ride more aggressive than SV, but I feel the length will be the real deciding factor between the two. I can definitely see this topping Lightning Rod though. Either way, it's almost guaranteed to be a Top 5 ride for me so its all good

Intamin to Win

Mega Poster
In my opinion, Iron Gwazi definitely has a more snappy and high-speed feel to it as opposed to Steel Vengeance; however, its short layout seems to die out after the stall. Perhaps if the second half was extended, possibly reusing the other supports on the outskirts of Gwazi for a series of small airtime hills and quick turns (ala Steel Vengeance's finale), I'd believe that Iron Gwazi could beat Steel Vengeance - while that first half will certainly be incredible, I don't think that the abrupt second half will beat Steel Vengeance's.
I agree that length is a big part of it here. Gwazi is much shorter, and while the big elements look very very cool, there aren’t as many. SV crams elements and hills in everywhere it can, this layout is more flowing.

Hutch

Strata Poster
Think we need to calm down on those claims of being one of the best in the world or guaranteed top five and all that. Sure it may end up being that, but let's actually ride it first.

I'm actually kinda comparing this more with Lightning Rod rather than Steel Vengeance. LR honestly has better elements than SV, it's just that SV's length sends it over the top. I'm getting a sense that we'll see something similar with Iron Gwazi: a few quick insane elements and staying low to the ground in the second half, but keeping things brief all together.

Peet

Giga Poster
Think we need to calm down on those claims of being one of the best in the world or guaranteed top five and all that. Sure it may end up being that, but let's actually ride it first.
Nothing wrong with a bit of speculation and prediction about how this is going to hold up against existing coasters. This forum would be a quiet place otherwise!

My prediction is that we'll have an established top 3 in the World of SV, LR and IG, and people will argue and disagree about which is better, with perhaps more people leaning towards SV. Might be wrong, but that's my prediction.

Looking forward to "looks slow" time!

CrashCoaster

CF Legend
In my opinion, IG is most similar to Zadra, due to the track length, height, speed and elements being similar. I reckon it will be on the same level as that, which probably isn't as good as SV, but I'd love to hear the opinions of someone who has ridden Zadra and SV.

Howie

Donkey in a hat
In my opinion, IG is most similar to Zadra, due to the track length, height, speed and elements being similar. I reckon it will be on the same level as that, which probably isn't as good as SV, but I'd love to hear the opinions of someone who has ridden Zadra and SV.

@davidm has ridden Zadra and SV, as has @DelPiero , @.Ac. and @daviddoc (who we all know thinks Hakugei is better.)
Probably several other members too, but those guys for sure have ridden both.

davidm

Strata Poster
^ yeah and actually (for possibly the first time EVER?) ATI/Crash/whatever has said something I agree with ; I'm expecting IG to be about as awesome as Zadra, which is no bad thing at all.

DelPiero

Strata Poster
Being shorter doesn't automatically mean it won't beat SV though, IG seems to have a good length about it and you don't really know how badass the ejector will be until you actually ride it.
Essentially it's all about the flow. How well it flows between elements and how bad the two deadspots on IG affect the flow, I think the 2nd one will be it's undoing if the animation I just rewatched is correct.
Zadra is amazing, happily sits at my number 2, however, it's worth noting that I haven't been on Zadra at night or with a bunch of goons for company, which clearly added to SV's ranking. I think that says how good Zadra as a coaster is, if IG is close to Zadra's quality then it will be an epic hit.

ScottLann

Mega Poster
Being shorter doesn't automatically mean it won't beat SV though, IG seems to have a good length about it and you don't really know how badass the ejector will be until you actually ride it.
Essentially it's all about the flow. How well it flows between elements and how bad the two deadspots on IG affect the flow, I think the 2nd one will be it's undoing if the animation I just rewatched is correct.
Zadra is amazing, happily sits at my number 2, however, it's worth noting that I haven't been on Zadra at night or with a bunch of goons for company, which clearly added to SV's ranking. I think that says how good Zadra as a coaster is, if IG is close to Zadra's quality then it will be an epic hit.
Just out of curiosity, which sections on IG are believed to be the dead spots?

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team
giphy.gif