What's new

Busch Gardens Tampa | Iron Gwazi | RMC Gwazi | 2022

ScottLann

Mega Poster
Looks great as expected! I think the one's who see it as it being slow need to take the POV with a pinch of salt. Look at Hakugei's POV for example. It looks slow on video but when you're actually on it, it's a totally different experience.

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team
Some immediate reactions:
  • Second half looks more succinct/quick than I was expecting. Encouraging, as some were fearing some NTG-style meandering around the course into the breakrun.
  • It's an absolutely different style coaster to Steel Vengeance - dare I say Zadra? Will definitely be eager to hear review of folks who have ridden both once we're past opening.
  • Opening elements look large and majestic. A tad slower than I was thinking they would be, but as long as there's that sweet, sweet airtime packed in - who cares.

i305_zack

Mega Poster
This is such a good idea for Seaworld, show the pov for people to see how awesome its gonna be and then at the end say it will open in 2021, love it!!! Excellent job Seaworld

vaugc002

Mega Poster
Certainly has a similar opening and overall style to Zadra but does seem a bit more substantial overall.
I will say that the zero-g stall (which on Zadra was exquisite) looks a bit modest in comparison, and perhaps this has slightly less relentless pacing...

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Yeah, this feels a bit like a mashup of Zadra and Steel Vengeance to me. It has an opening half similar to Steel Vengeance, but it's latter half is far more reminiscent of Zadra.

I mean, it looks fantastic.

davidm

Strata Poster
Gotta say, that view down the first drop is ABSOLUTELY STONKING.

Oddly, I never particularly rated the drops on Vengeance or Zadra (what comes after the drop is awesome of course), so this drop (for that STONKING sight alone) might well win it (well, the drops anyway) for me.

1605287169851.png

Should have been riding it this week too. Stupid stupid covid.

JoshC.

Strata Poster
Forgive me for not getting on board with the hype train, but I'm just not that excited by it.

It's hard to get a good gauge on it from a POV given the only RMC I've done is Untamed. And I know RMCs do seem to ride better than the POVs show. But even then, plenty of RMCs have interested me from POVs (Zadra, Outlaw Run, SV just to name a couple). But this one just doesn't do it for me. The bit just before the first inversion looks good, quirky and different, and I'm sure the stall is a ton of fun. But the rest is kind of just...there?

I'm sure it'll ride great and it'll be like basically every other RMC and be loved by basically everyone. And maybe I'll love it too. Maybe I just need to ride some more RMCs to get a better gauge from the POVs.

But for now, I'm not sold on it.

MLDesigns

Hyper Poster
The coaster looks great as expected.

I wish they'd landscape the area underneath though, rather than it being just dirt.
This was most likely filmed months ago. Surely they'll spray some insta-grass down around the ride.

As for the ride... yep. i'm sold, that looks certified crazy. I'll be shocked if that doesn't crack my top 3/4.

Last edited:

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team
Some quick math gives IG a 49 second runtime from the top of the lift to the brake run. As I anticipate the SV vs. IG debate of 2021; I think length and intensity will be the two key factors. IG has plenty of promise in it's opening elements, maybe even moreso than SV. But for length, I ran the SV POV through to ~49 seconds of ridetime from the top of the lift hill, which gets you to just after the double-up following the MCBR, or here:

That means SV still has yet to enter the inner-support section of the ride. Will be interested to see how the two American RMC behemoths compare in real life!

Howie

Donkey in a hat
Do you think it's possible to get RMC fatigue? I mean, it looks great n'all, I'm sure those who ride it will rank it towards the upper end of the RMC's they've ridden... but hmm... I dunno, is it not just a little bit... samey? As good as it looks, I'm not really seeing anything new here, no brand new, never-seen-before elements, no weird inversions, no Oh-my-God-what-will-that-feel-like? moments... it's just another big RMC. It's not like I've been on dozens of them either. So far I've been on, what, 9 RMC's? Only 5 of them have been these steel Ibox coasters, is it wrong that I'm already looking at Iron Gwazi and thinking 'Yeah looks decent', rather than 'OMG MUST RIDE NOW!'?
Maybe it's just one of those goon things, maybe discovering an RMC for the first time is such an epoch defining moment in one's goonhood that it can never be repeated. Maybe Steel Vengeance set an impossible benchmark that can't realistically be topped.
Maybe I'm just a spoilt brat who gets bored quickly. ?

But yeah, it looks great. For the record, I think it looks slightly better than Zadra.
I'm a big fan of Untamed, and I reckon this could challenge the Dutch boy for 2nd favourite RMC, but I'm fairly certain that, when all is said and done, Vengeance will still be king.

Last edited:

Magic-Man

Mega Poster
Do you think it's possible to get RMC fatigue? I mean, it looks great n'all, I'm sure those who ride it will rank it towards the upper end of the RMC's they've ridden... but hmm... I dunno, is it not just a little bit... samey? As good as it looks, I'm not really seeing anything new here, no brand new, never-seen-before elements, no weird inversions, no Oh-my-God-what-will-that-feel-like? moments... it's just another big RMC. It's not like I've been on dozens of them either. So far I've been on, what, 9 RMC's? Only 5 of them have been these steel Ibox coasters, is it wrong that I'm already looking at Iron Gwazi and thinking 'Yeah looks decent', rather 'OMG MUST RIDE NOW!'?
Maybe it's just one of those goon things, maybe discovering an RMC for the first time is such an epoch defining moment in one's goonhood that it can never be repeated. Maybe Steel Vengeance set an impossible benchmark that can't realistically be topped.
Maybe I'm just a spoilt brat who gets bored quickly. ?

But yeah, it looks great. For the record, I think it looks slightly better than Zadra.
I'm a big fan of Untamed, and I reckon this could challenge the Dutch boy for 2nd favourite RMC, but I'm fairly certain that, when all is said and done, Vengeance will still be king.
I mean, yeah. Everything gets boring with enough experience. But there's nothing like this down here. Hell, IG has more airtime than the rest of the park combined! Seriously, BGT has almost no airtime (it's the two Shiekra drops and the two highest hills on Cheetah Hunt, and that's pretty much it). So we really needed this.

You ride enough B&M hypers, you start to get bored. You ride enough Infinity coasters, you start to get bored. Why does anyone expect RMC to be different?

Crazycoaster

Giga Poster
There is ‘something’ that I don’t like about it, and I can’t figure it out what it is.

Maybe it’s the transitions feeling jerky, rather than flowing naturally?

Maybe it’s the supports that look really janky? (I mean it goes hand in hand with these retrofits, so maybe it’s the purple that points it out more?)

In my head I know it’s going to be one of the best coasters in Florida, but still there’s something off that I don’t like about it.

Howie

Donkey in a hat
You ride enough B&M hypers, you start to get bored. You ride enough Infinity coasters, you start to get bored. Why does anyone expect RMC to be different?

I don't, but as you ride more and more of them, that slow realization that not every RMC is gonna be able to offer a life changing, radically different experience to the last one is... well, it's a bit of a downer. If this were to be my first hybrid coaster, that POV would just about be making me jizz right now, but it isn't soooo...
Of course, that's only gonna be an issue for idiots like us who bomb around the world specifically seeking out all the latest RMC's. For the park, for Florida, for the millions of normal people who go on holiday to the region and who've never even seen an RMC before, it's gonna be the best ride ever.

*until Velocicoaster opens, at least.

Matt N

CF Legend
It looks absolutely fantastic; fast-paced, with quite a few airtime moments! However, I don’t think it looks quite as ballistic as some of the others do; rides like Steel Vengeance, Zadra and Untamed look absolutely crazy, whereas I’m not sure this quite has that same feel. That’s not a bad thing, however, as it still looks absolutely amazing!

There’s a chance I could possibly be riding in 2022, making Iron Gwazi my first RMC coaster. I’m immensely excited, but also a little worried, as I’m a little worried that the RMC ride experience won’t really live up to the hype for me compared to some of the other things I’ve ridden and loved (e.g. Mako, Icon, Wicker Man).

CrashCoaster

CF Legend
It looks absolutely fantastic; fast-paced, with quite a few airtime moments! However, I don’t think it looks quite as ballistic as some of the others do; rides like Steel Vengeance, Zadra and Untamed look absolutely crazy, whereas I’m not sure this quite has that same feel. That’s not a bad thing, however, as it still looks absolutely amazing!

There’s a chance I could possibly be riding in 2022, making Iron Gwazi my first RMC coaster. I’m immensely excited, but also a little worried, as I’m a little worried that the RMC ride experience won’t really live up to the hype for me compared to some of the other things I’ve ridden and loved (e.g. Mako, Icon, Wicker Man).
You can't seriously be saying Wicker Man and Icon are probably better than an RMC... I think Mako would be the only one that could come anywhere close.

Matt N

CF Legend
You can't seriously be saying Wicker Man and Icon are probably better than an RMC... I think Mako would be the only one that could come anywhere close.
I’m not necessarily saying that; I’m just saying that I’m worried that RMCs have been hyped up so much and I’m worried that for me, my first one might not live up to the obscene level of hype and I might not end up liking them as much as some of my current favourites.

Don’t get me wrong, I’m hugely excited about riding my first RMC. But I also have this lingering fear that it might not live up to the obscene hype that RMCs always get.