What's new

Busch Gardens Tampa | Iron Gwazi | RMC Gwazi | 2022

rwinger24

Roller Poster
Hello. The year is halfway over.

I have been hearing that Iron Gwazi has been testing daily now. It would usually test Wednesdays early morning before the park openings.

I can understand the COVID impact was so huge on SEAS that an understaffed BGT won't be enough to open Iron Gwazi during the spring window.

Meanwhile, Ice Breaker was supposed to open Memorial Day, then it got delayed.

I think it is corporate's decision when they want to open the ride. And not opening it during the summer is a missed opprotunity.

When I was there, ride ops was understaffed on Cheetah Hunt when only one station is operating.

I am hoping it opens soon. But the constant delays and lawn ornament jokes is making lose faith. I guarantee at the next earnings call, they will say nothing about it, or they can silently delay it along with Ice Breaker, Pantheon, and Emperor until 2022 with no set date.

It could open in the Fall but it won't likely since BGT never opened any coasters during the fall in their history.

If Busch Gardens is still understaffed and those annual passes expire, it will be frustrating.

MakoMania

Mega Poster
Without giving encouragement to the excessive posting, I feel there is a fair argument that 2021 annual passes were advertised to give access to Iron Gwazi from the spring. That’s certainly why I bought mine and it’s not long off expiry now. Does leave a sour taste.

rwinger24

Roller Poster
A YouTuber commented on some video said Gwazi failed the hurricane test and the trains are sent back to Idaho. Tell me is that completely false.

Nitefly

Hyper Poster
A YouTuber commented on some video said Gwazi failed the hurricane test and the trains are sent back to Idaho. Tell me is that completely false.
Yeah it got damaged - trains launched into the air and one of them even landed on Falcon’s Fury, like Noah’s Ark.

What remains is being shipped to Canada’s Wonderland where I’m told it’ll be constructed as Iron Gwaziz.

UP87

Mega Poster
The trains would be the part I'd have the least concerns about in a hurricane. Once a storm comes up they should be able to put in a shed. Usually coasters are not running with higher wind speeds. Except... maybe we're all wrong and "hurricane test" is an insider term we just don't know.

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team
"Hurricane test" 😅

Gonna rock your guy's boats here - it turns out when tropical storms and hurricanes roll through, Floridians do actually close the doors, board up windows, and batten down the hatches.

No, of course they didn't just have thousands of dollars worth of coaster train sitting out in the open on the track.

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Gonna rock your guy's boats here - it turns out when tropical storms and hurricanes roll through, Floridians do actually close the doors, board up windows, and batten down the hatches
Fake news.

tenor.gif

Antinos

Slut for Spinners
Per RMC, the ride is (obviously) designed to withstand hurricanes. The diagonal steel batter braces found throughout the ride are what makes the ride hurricane proof.

Magic-Man

Mega Poster
Yeah, the trains totally got damaged in the "hurricane" that was barely worse than the usual afternoon thunderstorms we get down here in Florida. C'mon.