What's new

Busch Gardens Tampa Future

fartsalad

Roller Poster
I'm sure we definitely won't find out in April. There's nothing important happening then and definitely not a good time to announce anything. (Which has nothing to do with this rumor)

Hutch

Strata Poster
Haha, I'm 0/2 for getting that +1. Would actually be pretty funny if it wound up at BGW (would give me another chance at obtaining the cred if it's there for a few years). Though I'm not sure why they would bother moving it if it's only for a few years, let alone longterm.

SerpentRevenge

Roller Poster
Yes, SandSerpent is getting demolished. No it is not going to Williamsburg. What will replace it is a Vekoma family coaster- likely a standard Family Boomerang model- in the 60-70 foot height range.

Bush Fliers, Hippos of the Nile (Sesame Street), and Desert Rally are also toast, with Kiddie Train from Pantopia relocating to Hippo's plot in Sesame Street.

This 2024 project is set to be the "Tigris" to 2025's "Iron Gwazi" ;).

ETA: Changed "like" to "likely" in the first section; it is possible we could see a more custom layout for this attraction, but it seems a Family Boomerang not unlike Accelerator at Drayton Manor is most likely to replace SandSerpent. However, I will note that there is some speculation that this "replacement" for Serpent might end up in the Jungala area rather than the Pantopia area... maybe.

Last edited:

Lori Marie Loud

Giga Poster
Yes, SandSerpent is getting demolished. No it is not going to Williamsburg. What will replace it is a Vekoma family coaster- like a standard Family Boomerang model- in the 60-70 foot height range.
Wow...that's really specific, which makes me think this is legit. There was a rumor back in 18 that they wanted to enclose SandSerpent.... Not looking likely now. Will SandSerpent be going to a different park (not Williamsburg)/the fair circuit or is it future scrap metal?

Also, if you do have insider info, was there any truth to Screamscape's Kumba closure rumors? (It's obviously still operating, but...)

fartsalad

Roller Poster
Yes, SandSerpent is getting demolished. No it is not going to Williamsburg. What will replace it is a Vekoma family coaster- like a standard Family Boomerang model- in the 60-70 foot height range.

Bush Fliers, Hippos of the Nile (Sesame Street), and Desert Rally are also toast, with Kiddie Train from Pantopia relocating to Hippo's plot in Sesame Street.

This 2024 project is set to be the "Tigris" to 2025's "Iron Gwazi" ;).
Yeah they're unlikely to send it BACK to Williamsburg

SerpentRevenge

Roller Poster
There was a rumor back in 18 that they wanted to enclose SandSerpent.... Not looking likely now. Will SandSerpent be going to a different park (not Williamsburg)/the fair circuit or is it future scrap metal?
I am not currently aware of any such plans to relocate it after is closes at BGT. I could be incorrect, but based on everything I've heard thus far, the case is that it should become future scrap metal. It is worth noting, however, BGW's 2024 coaster project has been delayed to 2025 at this point, so it is possible- albeit unlikely- that it goes to BGW.

Also, if you do have insider info, was there any truth to Screamscape's Kumba closure rumors? (It's obviously still operating, but...)
It had never been more than a rough, under-the-cover whisper at that point that would've had multiple conditions occurring to make it happen- notably, a rebuilding of Congo River Rapids that was on the table pre-COVID. However, now it seems likely that Kumba will be around for at least a few more years, with no real decision on remove/rebuild/replace yet. Currently, it seems to be a "cross that bridge when we get there" type scenario. I wouldn't expect any action on this front until 2027 at the earliest.