What's new

Busch Gardens Tampa Future

fartsalad

Roller Poster
Project Halcyon. Looks like BGT is planning their own Galactic Star Cruiser.

Don’t tell anyone at Disney.
Since it's BGT, this is likely more related to animals such as.. African Kingfisher; or interpretations as a gentle mythical bird. If it's the latter... It's an underhand nod to the mythology stating the bird would calm the waves.

Or

They're being cheeky and using it as an adjective.

Matt N

CF Legend
I apologise for getting a little ahead of myself, but I just had a thought about a potential B&M giga at Busch Gardens, seeing as a giga is allegedly mooted for 2025.

Thus far, all 3 parks that have built B&M giga coasters also have accompanying B&M Hyper Coasters, whereas Busch Gardens Tampa doesn’t already have a B&M Hyper Coaster.

I imagine that the presence of B&M Hyper Coasters at the parks building B&M gigas has probably influenced the layouts of the gigas at least somewhat. Leviathan, Fury 325 and Orion all seem to focus more on speed than airtime, and I’d imagine that that’s no coincidence given that all three parks have airtime-focused B&M hypers already. Busch Gardens Tampa, however, doesn’t already have a B&M hyper, so they don’t have this issue to contend with.

With this in mind, I was wondering; if Busch Gardens Tampa did go for a B&M giga, might they go for a more airtime-focused layout seeing as the park doesn’t already have a B&M hyper filling that niche? Or would they likely go for something similar to the other three B&M gigas?

That is assuming that Busch went for a B&M giga, of course…

Last edited:

Justin2000

Mega Poster
B&M Giga or MAYBE an Intamin Giga

Busch has worked with Intamin on Catapult Falls, DarKoaster, and Artic Rescue have all been Intamin and maybe Busch got a deal?

Matt N

CF Legend
B&M Giga or MAYBE an Intamin Giga

Busch has worked with Intamin on Catapult Falls, DarKoaster, and Artic Rescue have all been Intamin and maybe Busch got a deal?
On the flip side, SeaWorld also worked with B&M on Pipeline this year, so based purely on the company’s current ride acquisitions, it’s hard to tell whether they’d pick B&M or Intamin.

Crazycoaster

Giga Poster
With this in mind, I was wondering; if Busch Gardens Tampa did go for a B&M giga, might they go for a more airtime-focused layout seeing as the park doesn’t already have a B&M hyper filling that niche? Or would they likely go for something similar to the other three B&M gigas?

That is assuming that Busch went for a B&M giga, of course…
I believe Giga’s arn’t so airtime focused because of the costs of building the size of hill a giga would need, and the space the big hills take up. The low to the ground hills/turns bleed a lot of the excess speed, while being able to more easily fit a layout into a space.

Matt N

CF Legend
According to Screamscape, Busch Gardens have confirmed that Sand Serpent is closing on 9th July.

Busch59

Roller Poster
Gigas and Multi-launch rumors are great, but when is the lightning capital of the world getting an Intamin Dome Ride Theater like Seaworld Abu Dhabi???

SerpentRevenge

Roller Poster
Inverted?
"Montu but for kids" - actual quote from someone in the company

In Jungala, Rhino rally beyond the flyer, or theater ??
Either Jungala or the existing SandSerpent/kiddie rides area of Pantopia.

And Why not Vekoma ???
Why Vekoma? SEAS hasn't worked with them in quite a while, and DOES supposedly have a 5-coaster deal with B&M, which I cannot confirm the authenticity of.

Matt N

CF Legend
Ooh, a B&M family invert would be an interesting fit for Busch Gardens Tampa!

On a side note, I rode Sand Serpent for the first time yesterday before it closes. It wasn’t a ride I enjoyed at all, and it certainly won’t be missed by me, I’m afraid.

Busch59

Roller Poster

Why Vekoma? SEAS hasn't worked with them in quite a while, and DOES supposedly have a 5-coaster deal with B&M, which I cannot confirm the authenticity of.
I feel a launch would be critical, a family version something like F.L.Y. at Phantasialand IMO would be more superior than the tame B&M family models I've seen. With our B&M lineup, wouldn't it feel a bit anticlimactic to top it off with that? Unless it's B&M in back to back years... definitely could see Halcyon in jungala with the site clearing, attractions, trees, fences.

Lori Marie Loud

Giga Poster

Hmmmm.....Everything you ever said before this stated a Vekoma Family Boomerang was coming....What changed?