What's new

Bosque Mágico closure and ride relocation speculation thread

CrashCoaster

CF Legend
EDIT: Moved this across into it's own thread. Hixee.

Bosque Mágico, the park in Mexico with the duel station SRII Zombie Ride will close permanently on August 28th:-

1654816065214.png

Last edited by a moderator:

Wazzupnerds

Mega Poster
EDIT: Moved Crash's post across into this thread, but the posts are arranged by time so this now shows up as the second post. Hixee.

I know @CrashCoaster already made a post about this in the small news thread, but given how there is a good chance at least 2 of the 3 coasters get relocated along with flat rides, I figured it would be better to make a news thread about this.

1654824948456.png

Translation from Reddit:
As reported today through the government authorities of the Municipality of Guadalupe, Bosque Mágico joins the "Great Park" project with the donation of our infrastructure in favor of citizenship. To all our visitors, clients, suppliers and friends, we officially confirm that we will end our operations on Sunday, August 28, 2022. We will be continue operation during the months of June, July and August of this year with the firm intention of offering the best family entertainment experience we have done so far. We are proud of the role and legacy that Bosque Mágico has built in these almost 28 years of experience in the City of Guadalupe Nuevo León and the social contribution that our closure represents for the State. On the other hand, if you have previously scheduled events (contracted children's parties, groups or business events) please keep an eye on official communications that we will be publishing on our social networks.

Anyway my predictions for where everything goes coaster wise:

Zombie Ride (SR2 with sliding station) : Alabama Adventure (you can never stop the AA predictions with me)

Policias y Ratones (Zamperla Spinning Mouse): Small family park in the US or Europe

Tornado (Vekoma Whirlwind): Scrap or Europe

Last edited by a moderator:

The_bullgod

Mega Poster
I don't see any American parks wanting it but I can see European parks going for it.
i don't think European parks want a 40 year old Vekoma either.
The only interesting for a lot of parks worldwide is the Premier Rides coaster.
And who want's a Zamperla coaster, even when it can be dirty cheap?

Wazzupnerds

Mega Poster
I could imagine multiple smaller parks in the US fighting to the death to get that Spinner

Wild Adventures
Lake Winnie
One of the Northeast parks
Hell I bet a Euro park would pay for shipping without skipping a beat.

As for the Whirlwind, I give it a 60/40 chance it gets scrapped but who knows.

Indy

Hyper Poster
A lot of people. Just about any regional park would probably love to have it. It's a proven design that seems to hold up well, and Zamperla continues to grow and improve their reputation. They've had a US office for several years now that can provide support and they sell a ton of rides. Plus, this spinner isn't that old. If Alabama Adventure is willing to buy a 20 year old mouse built by a company that is no longer in business, then I promise there are parks/showmen willing to buy this 8 year old Zamperla spinner.

roomraider

Best Topic Starter
Whirlwind is classic South American Fodder for a small park. Theres a crap ton of little parks that could replace their Zyklon models for it.
I dont know the state of these parks but for example Marisa Amusement Park or Nova Nicolândia both in Brazil have small cyclone/zyclone models and could possibly fit it in.

The other 2 will be snapped up I'm sure (the rides are already up for sale at decent prices) and they are solid models that many many parks wouldnt mind getting their hands on I'm sure.

cookie

Giga Poster
I mean, Hellendoorn bought the Reverchon mouse that was at La Feria Chapultepec. Lots of parks would love to have a spinning mouse that’s in a decent condition. They’re tried and tested crowd-pleasers.

The_bullgod

Mega Poster
Lots of parks would love to have a spinning mouse that’s in a decent condition.
Yes, but a ride in a decent condition is only one thing.
Trying to be more unique when buying a new ride for your park is a lot more difficult.
Even when you can only buy a cheaper coaster, you can still buy one that is more unique than these Zamperla/Reverchon spinners you see on every carnaval/fair.

cookie

Giga Poster
Yes, but a ride in a decent condition is only one thing.
Trying to be more unique when buying a new ride for your park is a lot more difficult.
Even when you can only buy a cheaper coaster, you can still buy one that is more unique than these Zamperla/Reverchon spinners you see on every carnaval/fair.
If parks really cared about being "unique" there wouldn't already be 100+ of these. And how many unique coasters are as cheap and easily relocatable? I doubt they're in vast supply.

Last edited:

cookie

Giga Poster
So this popped up at Steel Pier in New Jersey:

pd2y8ymv24591.png

Coincidence? Most likely, but the colors do seem to match the Bosque Mágico mouse. Premier Rides being the broker is an interesting nugget as well.

Last edited:

The_bullgod

Mega Poster

pd2y8ymv24591.png

Coincidence? Most likely, but the colors do seem to match the Bosque Mágico mouse. Premier Rides being the broker is an interesting nugget as well.
Yes, I do think this is pure coincidence, because they already had a Reverchon Spinning Coaster till last year (https://rcdb.com/458.htm).
So I think it will be just their old coaster, with a new name and theme

Indy

Hyper Poster
I do think this is pure coincidence, because they already had a Reverchon Spinning Coaster till last year (https://rcdb.com/458.htm).
So I think it will be just their old coaster, with a name and theme

Yeah, I'd be pretty shocked if the mouse had already been wheeled-and-dealed like that. Premier does a lot of refurbishment work so I wouldn't be surprised if it's just the old spinner after a bit of work.

TilenB

Strata Poster
Yeah, unless a deal has already been made before the news of Bosque Magico closing for good have been made public, then it feels just a bit too soon for this ride to be from the Mexican park.

Though the restrains on the car in the artwork do appear to be Zamperla's design rather than Reverchon's. I wonder why they would go with a stock photo of a different ride if it is just their old ride getting a refurb.

Wazzupnerds

Mega Poster

pd2y8ymv24591.png

idk I think it might be the same one they use to have. Looks like the same exact layout.

TPoseOnTantrum

Giga Poster
This can’t be the Mexican mouse. Steel Pier Crazy Mouse replacement has been a hard rumour for months now that was only confirmed recently.