What's new

Bonus Creds

TilenB

Strata Poster
Have you ever been to a park (or any place in that matter) where you expected to tick off the rides that were on rcdb/coaster-count, but found some unlisted coasters as well? Or have you ever just come across a fair, that you didn't expect to be there when planning your initial route for the trip and got the bonus creds?

As much of an effort I put into locating as many creds as possible online, that has happened twice to me during my most recent Dutch trip. First time it was when I was getting back to the train station from Waarbeek in Hengelo and I saw what looked like a booster behind a couple of buildings. I went to investigate and it turned out to be quite a big fair with 2 creds (Reverchon spinner and a wacky worm). The second time was a couple of days later when I went to Gauda to buy some cheese for my family and there turned out to be a smaller fair in the middle of the city that boosted a spinning wacky worm (yeah, you've read that right).

So, does anybody else share a similar experience? :)

Howie

Donkey in a hat
First trip to Blackpool specifically to hit the Pleasure Beach (not including family holidays as a child) and I gained 3 new creds from the coasters on the piers. Crap creds - one was a Reverchon Spinner - but still creds.

Ben

CF Legend
I don't think I've ever turned up at a park and there's been a cred I wasn't expecting tbf - I feel like it should have happened in China but I can't think of any.

I did once turn up to a family holiday in Cromer and there was a kiddie cred on the lawn opposite the house at a fair - it was fab!

gavin

Staff member
Social Media Team
A few in China, including 7 in one city, Shenyang, spread over 3 different parks. 2 of those parks had coasters listed that I went there for, but I found some extras. The other park had nothing listed at all, but actually had two coasters, one of which was a fairly big looper.

There have also a been a few rainbow shuttle things; a set of 5 of them at Guangzhou Zoo and a set of 3 in India. RCDB doesn't list them, but I really think they should.

Ben

CF Legend
There was a different cred than we were expecting in one of the parks in China actually - one of the city parks in Shanghai.

We were expecting a kiddie, but it had been ripped out and replaced with another kiddie.

Not really a "bonus" though.

CanobieFan

Strata Poster
I've gone to a few places looking for coasters that were 'unknown' and ended up "finding" them. A few off the top of my head would be these.....

http://rcdb.com/6034.htm Santa's workshop had been around for years but their site mentioned no Coaster neither did any brochures found at roadside attractions. But on one of my trips to Great Escape I decided to make the more than three hour round trip trek up to the park where I found the coaster that at the time wasn't listed on RCDB or any other coaster/park related media.

http://rcdb.com/6311.htm Ocean Beach was the same sort of story. No confirmed roller coaster although it was known they had a few flat rides. So one day before going to Lake Compounce I made the trip down where I discover the roller coaster, again not listed on RCDB or anywhere else.

GuyWithAStick

Captain Basic
I just got back from a little vacation at Mt. Olympus. I expected all of the coasters to be closed, as Opa! was removed 2 years ago. However, they moved some of the rides, including the kiddie coaster, to the inside park(they're working on a 2016 addition, if that means anything). I didn't get the cred, though, as they had a stupid 60 inch(1.5 m) height limit. Their reasoning was fairly valid, though(the lapbar is too low).

Jordanovichy

Credit Whore 2016
Kuddel der Hai at Hamburger Dom in April was an unexpected plus one. With little travelling fairs in the UK, I'll never expect to get a cred (unless I know what is there) but I did get a plus one at a travelling fair in Portsmouth, couple in Cambridge (well, 13 over the last two years actually), so they're always nice to get. But in terms of actual parks, I don't think I have.

Martyn B

CF Legend
Howie said:
First trip to Blackpool specifically to hit the Pleasure Beach (not including family holidays as a child) and I gained 3 new creds from the coasters on the piers. Crap creds - one was a Reverchon Spinner - but still creds.

We all know about the Crazy Mouse on the South Pier, but what are the other two?