What's new

Bollywood Parks Dubai? | unknown | Mack Hyper Coaster| ??

richardcrete

Mega Poster
It seems that Mack Rides Hyper Coaster (initially sheduled to Six Flags Dubai) tracks are now on Bollywood Parks Dubai's site.

dubai-parks-and-resorts-expansion-514.jpeg

Source :

Matt N

CF Legend
Is that a PowerSplash that I see there alongside it, as the track looks very water coaster-like, and I seem to remember hearing that Bollywood was due to get a PowerSplash?

Also, do we know what happened to the huge Intamin that Motiongate was supposedly getting?

richardcrete

Mega Poster
Is that a PowerSplash that I see there alongside it, as the track looks very water coaster-like, and I seem to remember hearing that Bollywood was due to get a PowerSplash?

Also, do we know what happened to the huge Intamin that Motiongate was supposedly getting?
Yes Bollywood Parks was supposed to get back the Mack PowerSpash that was scheduled for SF Dubai. RCDB mentioned it a few months ago but not anymore. Never heard about a Intamin for Motiongate lol

Matt N

CF Legend
Yes Bollywood Parks was supposed to get back the Mack PowerSpash that was scheduled for SF Dubai. RCDB mentioned it a few months ago but not anymore. Never heard about a Intamin for Motiongate lol
I heard someone mention that there was Red Force-style Intamin track, and lots of it, stored behind Capitol Bullet Train. The park’s marketing manager also reportedly said something about it being “the world’s tallest”.

TilenB

Strata Poster
I heard someone mention that there was Red Force-style Intamin track, and lots of it, stored behind Capitol Bullet Train. The park’s marketing manager also reportedly said something about it being “the world’s tallest”.
Yeah, Ben once mentioned that being a thing during his visit in 2017. Not a clue what's going on with that, since it's been 4 years since and we haven't heard anything about that project.

Pokemaniac

Mountain monkey
Staff member
Administrator
Yeah, Ben once mentioned that being a thing during his visit in 2017. Not a clue what's going on with that, since it's been 4 years since and we haven't heard anything about that project.
How could you even hide a coaster of that scale for four years, even if it wasn't built in the end? Who would buy it without building it? Where do you store it? Kingda Ka has almost a kilometer of track, and probably twice that in supports. Way too much to store indoors, but outdoors it would surely be noticed. I mean, areal imagery of the area is widely available, it's here on Google Maps, imaged in high enough detail that you may see single persons walking around (at least you can spot their shadows). If a kilometer's worth of track and supports were lying around, wouldn't somebody have seen it by now? You can see the parts of the Mack hyper clearly enough, so a Strata coaster's worth of track would be plainly visible too.

Based on the amount of unclear communication about the GCI coaster (once rumoured to be the longest coaster in the world), I'm going to guess that the person who spoke to Ben had misunderstood. The track was either for something else, or it never existed at all. A Kingda Ka breaker would be too difficult to hide for so long.

Dubaidave

Hyper Poster
How could you even hide a coaster of that scale for four years, even if it wasn't built in the end? Who would buy it without building it? Where do you store it? Kingda Ka has almost a kilometer of track, and probably twice that in supports. Way too much to store indoors, but outdoors it would surely be noticed. I mean, areal imagery of the area is widely available, it's here on Google Maps, imaged in high enough detail that you may see single persons walking around (at least you can spot their shadows). If a kilometer's worth of track and supports were lying around, wouldn't somebody have seen it by now? You can see the parts of the Mack hyper clearly enough, so a Strata coaster's worth of track would be plainly visible too.

Based on the amount of unclear communication about the GCI coaster (once rumoured to be the longest coaster in the world), I'm going to guess that the person who spoke to Ben had misunderstood. The track was either for something else, or it never existed at all. A Kingda Ka breaker would be too difficult to hide for so long.

I would agree with this. There is a lot of misinformation at the park from people who don’t really know what they are talking about. There was quite a bit of track onsite for a while but I’m pretty sure that was the water coaster, the freespin. The spinner and the kiddie coaster. I’ve not seen anything to suggest there being more Franck than that on-site.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pokemaniac

Mountain monkey
Staff member
Administrator
In an effort to clean up the Ride Construction subforum a bit, I've decided to move this thread back to News & Rumours. No actual construction of this coaster has been confirmed or even inferred, so while it just remains in storage, I think it would be wrong for it to have a sticky thread in the construction forum.

roomraider

Best Topic Starter
Can't be the easiest ride to relocate. The ride was designed to wrap around the entrance area to Six Flags Dubai and has a tunnel section that dives under the entrance path, will need some serious earthworks to get it to fit somewhere. Doable for sure but it isnt just a flat land clone someone can slap down easily.