What's new

Real Madrid World | Hala Madrid | GCI Wooden Hybrid Coaster | 2024?

crunchman

Roller Poster
You guys can thank me for those finally getting opening dates, here in Dubai atm and leaving Thurday morning 😂

Such a tease seeing this today

Attachments

• IMG20220114135239.jpg
    IMG20220114135239.jpg
    181.4 KB · Views: 77

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
I had hoped this would open soon after John Wick and Now You See Me*, but was there yesterday and could see construction workers on the exit of the first turnaround. Looked to be doing something to the track with a lot of tool boxes, etc, around. Best view of this was from the Star Flyer though, so no pics (from me).

Shame really, as I think this park would have really benefited from it.

*John Wick and Now You See Me were both decent - but nothing to write home about. S&S knocks Intamin out of the park with the 4D concept (although that's not hard given how vile the Intamin creations are), and Now You See Me had a surprisingly aggressive shudder which took away from a really nice first half. They were both one-and-done's for me.

Last edited:

Matt N

CF Legend
I had hoped this would open soon after John Wick and Now You See Me*, but was there yesterday and could see construction workers on the exit of the first turnaround. Looked to be doing something to the track with a lot of tool boxes, etc, around. Best view of this was from the Star Flyer though, so no pics (from me).

Shame really, as I think this park would have really benefited from it.

John Wick and Now You See Me were both decent - but nothing to write home about. S&S knocks Intamin out of the park with the 4D concept (although that's not hard given how vile the Intamin creations are), and Now You See Me had a surprisingly aggressive shudder which took away from a really nice first half. They were both one-and-done's for me.
Cheers for the review @Hixee! Are you riding Storm at Dubai Hills Mall on your trip?

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Cheers for the review @Hixee! Are you riding Storm at Dubai Hills Mall on your trip?
Yes, I will be. We're staying just up the road, but have had lots of other things to do so far. Planning to pop in ad-hoc at some point in the next few days. Will leave my thoughts in the thread once I've ridden it. :)

Ethan

Strata Poster
I mean, they look about as good as we expected? Spinner looks to start strong but fizzles out sadly. The Free Spin also looks to be one of the weaker ones in terms of flips which is rather sad.

Indy

Hyper Poster
I had not previously noticed the second lift hill at the end of Now You See Me. That's a bit odd.

Ethan

Strata Poster
I had not previously noticed the second lift hill at the end of Now You See Me. That's a bit odd.
I imagine it's because of the landscaping of the park it was originally built for, maybe? I could be mistaken though, and you're right in that it's odd haha.

MestnyiGeroi

Giga Poster
OK, today we went to Motiongate and on the way out we could see Bombay Express testing nonstop. Does anyone have any information? Is an opening imminent?????
It looked so close today that I’m inclined to delay my visit to Bollywood until the end of the week in hopes of upping the odds of getting on the GCI.