What's new

Boat crash on Tutuki Splash

oriolat2

Giga Poster
A few days a go two boats collided on Tutuki Splash after one got stalled at the end of the splash run. Since there was another boat taking the turn leading to the drop there was no way to E-Stop the ride, so the riders on the malfunctioning boat got off before the next one crashed.

Luckily, no one was hurt, but it must have been quite shocking to see/experience. Here's a video of the incident:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QiQwcRb56Gw[/youtube]

PA is not having a great year, maintenance-wise. Shambhala seems to be more off than on, Baco is unreliable as ever and now this.

Would you have left the boat in that case?

In my opinion, I don't know what's more dangerous: staying and getting a 'light' kick or leaving the boat risking getting struck by the upcoming boat, falling into the water, etc...

Lofty

CF Legend
Wow. That's an amazing video, you can hear the sheer panic in their voices. It seems like the water level was extremely high mixed with a combination of nobody sitting in the first 2 rows causing it to "skim" across the water and raising above the concrete channel. They're lucky that nobody was seriously hurt, especially the ones that have left the boats and are starting to walk the channel course.

Ethan

Strata Poster
I would have got out. I wouldn't be sure if the boats would just nudge each other, or if it would actually destroy the boat on impact.

Intricks

Strata Poster
Ummm...did anyone else notice the lady in the black shirt and jeans get pushed into the water duento the boat?

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

Lofty

CF Legend
^ Notice what?! I can't see anybody get pushed into the water? I see the man jump in the water just before the boats collided!

Intricks

Strata Poster
Ok, well just turned on the HQ and it was a man. Yet, he tties to manuevor himself around the boat as it was hit (between 0:15 - 0:20) and gets knocked into the water cause of it.

Whether it was horrid balance or him just being fat and tapped by the boat.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

Ian

From CoasterForce
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Brilliant footage.

Oh and glad nobody was hurt etc.

Smithy

Strata Poster
That's not a light kick, if you were still in the boat in front you'd have a serious case of whiplash.

Ian

From CoasterForce
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
I was thinking, if this happened in the UK, do you reckon the Brits would have stayed on the boat? That way they could claim whiplash ccompensation.

spicy

Giga Poster
Also I don't know how much press coverage this got in Spain but if it happened in the UK you know the incident would be blown way out of proportion in the newspapers.

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
I was thinking similar things Ian, only without the whiplash claim :lol:

When you hear the safety instructions and things, they always say "stay in the car/boat". Yet here it was kind of lucky they got out, but it was also lucky that in getting out nobody was hurt.

The footage is excellent, but a little scary. Let's wait for the OTSR, proper loading procedures and massive queues ;)

Lofty

CF Legend
To be honest, yes, if it was in the UK, that second boat would all be claiming some kind of compensation. Without a doubt.

Smithy

Strata Poster
I'd claim compensation tbfh, I like to think my safety is ensured when I get on a ride. I'd also want them to pay to replace the clothes that got ruined by their disgusting water when I fell in trying to walk back to the station along the rail. And then royalties from the Youtube video uploaded too.

I just want money, basically.

Lofty

CF Legend
Smithy said:
I'd also want them to pay to replace the clothes that got ruined by their disgusting water when I fell in trying to walk back to the station along the rail.
Tutuki's Water is some of the cleanest out there for a water ride!!

Ian

From CoasterForce
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
^ I think Smithy was exaggerating to solidify his compensation claim. I'm surprised the ordeal didn't leave Smithy with permanent mental scars and a fear of water.